Al's Insights – Mon 7 May, 2012

Great comments from the family!

Al KorelinRoger Wiegand

Comments:
  1. On May 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm,
    Clay says:

Roger: Yea I have same thinking about War, but I am not so sure it is Obama that decides where to start the wars. In fact I don’t think Obama or any of these recent Presidents decide much of anything, because most of these guys, gals and whatever are easy to coerce. Paulson and Bush, Obama and Geithner, even congress does not make decisions on their own. That is why people like Ron Paul are absolutely vilified by the MSM and Industrial Military complex.

• On May 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm,

Hard to disagree with you Clay.

Big Al

• On May 8, 2012 at 12:36 am,
      John W. Robertson says:

“Do not, mention, the war!” — Basil Fawlty

• On May 8, 2012 at 4:20 am,
        Jerry O^OTB says:

GENERAL RANT…..HILLERY CLINTON VISITS INDIAN, in regards to trade between
        the USand India…..Hillery want India accept WALMART , which she is promoting
        as an American trading Company, …….(what do they have to trade)
        1. WALMART, does not have any thing made by Americans, goods made mostly in China
        2. Where is WALMART located….ARKANSAS
        3. Where was CLINTON’s GOVERNOR ….ARKANSAS (home cooking I think)
        3. Do YOU think there could be some KICKBACK here, (would not surprise me,)

• On May 8, 2012 at 4:24 am,
          Jerry O^OTB says:

Hey Marc….I forgot to proof read….sorry,and yes there are mistakes…(hehe(
          John thanks for letting me post under you…

• On May 8, 2012 at 10:52 am,
            John W. Robertson says:

That’s OK this time. Just don’t let it happen again.

: }

2. On May 7, 2012 at 3:53 pm,
    Clay says:

Al: Stephen has some things I agree with and some I don’t. But he is an independent thinker and I appreciate him for that. He likes to swear and I don’t, not in public anyway.

• On May 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm,

I also don’t like to swear Clay.

Best,

Big Al

3. On May 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm,
    Jerry O^OTB says:

Al,,,you can not store your gold in the plumbing waste lines. Ask IRISH , he tried that last year……and the queen found out….

• On May 7, 2012 at 4:50 pm,

Don’t talk to me about plumbing, In the Box.

The man with water all over his kitchen!

• On May 7, 2012 at 4:52 pm,
        Joseph says:

Hey Al,
        Did you get a bargain price for the your house?
        Now you know why
        Joe

• On May 7, 2012 at 5:04 pm,

Man, I could have gone all day without that one! (Just kidding!)

We actually got a great deal on our place and we both absolutely love it!

Best,

Big Al

• On May 8, 2012 at 7:40 am,
        Irishtony says:

TUT TUT BIG FELLA……..Wasting water, while over here in the UK we have hose pipe bans……….

• On May 8, 2012 at 7:36 am,
      Irishtony says:

Yeah JERRY……….but she is one heck of a good plumber…..

4. On May 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm,
    Mark Alan says:
  5. On May 7, 2012 at 6:08 pm,
    Jerry O^OTB says:

It will take years to settle this one……

6. On May 7, 2012 at 11:15 pm,
    Ken says:

If our choice in November is between the inventor of Obammie Care or the implementor of Obammie Care then that is NO choice at all.

And look what the Romulen said about Ron Paul’s suggested budget:

Tell me how this Willard fellow is any better than Obammie.

• On May 8, 2012 at 12:39 am,
      John W. Robertson says:

Heh, heh. Romulen. First time I heard that one.

7. On May 7, 2012 at 11:16 pm,
    Ken says:

And Rodge is right about the war issue. More war will be ginned up for sure.

8. On May 8, 2012 at 12:32 am,
    The Big "E" says:

At least if Romney wins, the extreme Obama social agenda that threatens our religious liberty and forces taxpayer funding of abortions should be derailed. With little surveillance from the corporate media, Obama has used his executive powers to push social engineering in truly frightening directions by appointing radicals to key decision choke points in the federal government and by aggressive promotion of family-destructive programs here and in other countries via the State Dept., the UN and NGOs. Four more years of this, and we will no longer recognize our beloved country and may no longer be able to undo the damage!

9. On May 8, 2012 at 12:44 am,
    John W. Robertson says:

6:00 min or so…”Shopping for a war” (nice soundbyte Rog).

It’ll probably have to be Iran. Shouldn’t be. Couldn’t be. No one can believe it-be. But it will. Israel will attack, be poo-poohed by the world, probably even by the US too. Iran will respond in an uglier way. US response will be, “Well, OK, just this one more time.”. Boom, we’re in. ‘nuther 10 years. God only knows the outcome of that decade.

10. On May 8, 2012 at 7:00 am,
    Irishtony says:

The big “O” Will he or wont he be re elected ! I decided to take a scientific approach to making a prediction. I started by getting my hands on some animal entrails, to read, this is a very old , tried & trusted way of prediction the future. & hear is what i found …The big “O” will be re-elected , the animal guts also told me , that the day he is sworn in, he will denounce the title of President. He will announce to the world, that henceforth he shall be known as “BARAKUS OBAMACUS EMPEROR OF ALL THE AMERICA’S. & he will demand Canada & South America PAY TRIBUTE TO THE EMPEROR, or suffer the consequence……………Now i am not sure how accurate all of this is as i might have been using the wrong type of animal guts………………………………..PS i hope my next door neighbour is not reading this as her cat went missing at about the same time as i got my hands on the entrails………. I swear it is just a coincidence……….WOW that was weird, my nose just hit my monitor.

• On May 8, 2012 at 7:06 am,
      Marc says:

Irish,
      You crack me up……….

• On May 8, 2012 at 8:08 am,
      castanheiro says:

Hey Mr. Irishtony,
      I believe you. I always trust my “gut” instincts! Obama does act like he’s king and I know he wishes he had absolute power. Man, that’s a scary thought…..

• On May 8, 2012 at 5:42 pm,
      Jerry O^OTB says:

Irish……OB..IS GOING BACK TO KENYA…..

11. On May 8, 2012 at 9:15 am,
    Frank says:

Roger what is the audited 24 month return on Trader Tracks recommendations – including transaction costs?

Al how much does each company pay you to advertise?

12. On May 8, 2012 at 10:25 am,
    Madelene says:

Hi Frank,
    Last I checked we still lived in a free market economy. Roger & Al go above and beyond in disclosing their personal interest in corporations they talk about. But just as I won’t demand that you give me a breakdown of your personal income and expenses and expect to get it, a demand for the internals of their business is none of yours.
    What Al gets paid from advertisers is nobody’s business but his. He always discloses when talking about a company that he is an investor or that they are an advertiser and that he is not unbiased.
    Roger’s business is to recommend trades for a subscription fee. If he is successful, he will gain customers and make money. If not, he will lose customers. You get a good idea of how he trades by listening to him and can decide if his style would add value to your investment strategy.
    I have read other sites where the writers make large claims and strongly tout some company for their own financial gain. If you have read/listened to this site for any length of time, it should be obvious that these two gentlemen do not engage in that behavior. My advice to you is to listen to what they say, do your own research, make up your own mind on what to buy and what not to buy and take responsibility for the outcome.
    If I have misunderstood the intent of your question, I apologize and would welcome a clarification.

13. On May 8, 2012 at 11:33 am,
    John W. Robertson says:

Al used to advertise a rate at http://www.kereport.com/sponsoring-ker/ but I know, as with any business, changes occur so I won’t recall old prices. It was very reasonable. But I also once did a back-of-the-napkin calculation. For a site with a worldwide Alexa rank of 130,000 (and increasing), Al loses money on this website. You don’t get free hosting from GoDaddy with that kind of bandwidth. Think streaming audio each day, including the longer weekend show and some video updates. And how often do you wait for a page load on KER? I guarantee you there’s a nice little server farm reserved by his hosting company just to run this website’s traffic. And as much as Al’s family and colleagues love him, they don’t run the website for free. All of the above should be self-evident, but perhaps posting it once was worthwhile.

Most will already know this, but every day this website remains online, you are directly benefiting from Al’s (and Roger’s) generosity, and pay absolutely nothing for it. No pop-ups. No ads during the audio or video. Nada. And you get personalized responses from the host.

All-in-all, I’d call that a pretty good deal for us, the end “customers”.