Big Al's best reads – Sat 3 Nov, 2018

A missive from a member of our Book Club which I frequently discuss in our forum. Well worth the read.

Hello Bent Leafers,
At today’s meeting, we were discussing the impact that religion has now, verses the impact that it had then.
Our founding fathers chiseled their thoughts of this impact into the buildings of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
I find that their values coincide with mine, more than I had really recognized.          I learned some things that I did not know.
Glenn  Rinkel
DID YOU
KNOW
 As you walk Up the steps To
The building which Houses theU. S. Supreme Court
You can see Near the top Of the building A row of the
world’s law givers and Each one is Facing one in the middle
Who is facing forward With a full
Frontal view …It is Moses
And he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?As you enter the Supreme Court Courtroom,The two huge Oak doors have the Ten Commandments
Engraved on each Lower portion of Each door.
DID YOU KNOW?As you sit inside The courtroom,You can see the

Political
Institutions upon the
Capacity of Mankind
For

Self-government
,Upon
The capacity of each and
All of us to
Govern ourselves,
To
Control ourselves,
To Sustain Ourselves According to The Ten Commandments Of God.’  DID YOU KNOW?Every session of Congress Begins With a prayer

By a paid preacher,Whose salary has Been paid by the
Taxpayer Since 1777.  DID YOU
KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 Founders of the Constitution
Were members Of the established Orthodox churches in the colonies..  DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried
That the Courts would Overstep their Authority And
Instead of Interpreting The law Would begin
Making law an Oligarchy:The rule of few Over Many  How then,Have we gotten To the
Point that
Everything
We have done for 220 years in this
Country is
Now suddenly Wrong And
Unconstitutional?
 Lets put it Around the world and Let the world
See and remember What this great Country was Built on The Holy Bible
And   belief in GOD!

<Untitled99.jpg>   I was asked to sendThis on if I
AgreedOr
Delete if I didn’t.

If you agree, pass this on

Al Korelin

Comments:
  1. On November 3, 2018 at 3:30 pm,

Did you know…. Just for the record….
    Our Founding Fathers were very intelligent, but lacking in full knowledge.
    The ten commandments are taken from Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5, but distinction should be made between Moses’ Law and Hebrew ten commandments.
    If I remember correctly…..according to the bible:
    The book of statutes and judgments which Moses wrote in a book was placed in a pocket on the side of the ark. This is Moses’ Law
    In contrast, the Law written by “God” on tablets of stone was placed inside the ark of the covenant. These are the Ten Commandments.
    Further research over the years has shown the Law or Codes by which man should live, given to the Hebrews, in fact, substantially derive from earlier civilizations. e.g Sumer, and probably earlier.
    The majority of the world population, of course, are neither Christians nor adhere totally to the Judeo-Christian ethical system. (Sadly)

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:29 am,

Thanks CFS. I will do some research about the Law or Codes by which man should live given to the Hebews and bring it up in our Bible Study.

I believe that 99% of the time when this subject is referred to writings on the tablets is what is referred to.

Thanks for your comment.

2. On November 3, 2018 at 5:10 pm,

MANY people often confuse Moses Law with God’s Ten Commandment Law, but they are very different.
    Moses’ law was the temporary, ceremonial law of the Old Testament. It regulated the priesthood, sacrifices, rituals, meat and drink offerings, etc., all of which foreshadowed the cross. This law was added “till the seed should come,” and that seed was Christ (Galatians 3:16, 19). The ritual and ceremony of Moses’ law pointed forward to Christ’s sacrifice. When He died, this law came to an end, but the Ten Commandments (God’s law) “stand fast for ever and ever.” Psalm 111:7,8.

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:30 am,

Would you like to come out West and lead our Bible Study?

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:51 am,

I might become a thorn in your group’s side……….. 🙂

BTW, how are you coming on the book of Acts…. ?

• On November 4, 2018 at 12:03 pm,

I disagree with you completely about becoming a thorn in anyone’s site.

You give me the impression that you are a serious student of the Bible. I consider myself to be serious, but I guarantee you that my knowledge is far short of yours.

• On November 4, 2018 at 2:22 pm,

We continue to learn daily……
            2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
            15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• On November 5, 2018 at 2:52 pm,

And just before: “I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.”

• On November 5, 2018 at 3:12 pm,

Of course we continue to learn daily and, for myself at least, I thank God for that.

• On November 4, 2018 at 12:06 pm,

I have finished Acts and we are now studying Mark in depth as one of our members likes the social commentary.

• On November 4, 2018 at 2:24 pm,

Do not get distracted with Matthew , Mark , Luke, and John ………..those passages are written to the Jews……
            Go back and read Acts 9…….

• On November 5, 2018 at 2:55 pm,

I suppose that, in a sense, since the Jews did not believe one could say that the first gospels were initially written for them. But, in my opinion, the entire New Testament was meant for the Jews.

• On November 4, 2018 at 2:27 pm,

Matthew 10:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
            6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• On November 5, 2018 at 2:56 pm,

Interesting point Jerry!

• On November 4, 2018 at 2:37 pm,

Matthew 15:24 King James Version (KJV)
            24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• On November 4, 2018 at 2:51 pm,

Ephesians 3 King James Version (KJV)
            3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

• On November 4, 2018 at 2:56 pm,

The mystery…, is GRACE……..
            5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

• On November 5, 2018 at 3:10 pm,

I am a little confuse, OOTB. are you saying that The Holy Spirit, has not given me, a Believer in Jesus, Grace. Please explain.

• On November 4, 2018 at 3:04 pm,

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

• On November 4, 2018 at 3:05 pm,

Romans 11

• On November 5, 2018 at 6:03 pm,

“But, in my opinion, the entire New Testament was meant for the Jews”……you say.

Jews……are under the law….Mosic Covenant …….
            The Jews do not acknowledge that there is a New Testament, …do not even call there book part of the Old Testament, for if they did they would have to acknowledge the New Testament., which they will not because they do not believe Jesus Christ came for them.
            Paul wrote many of the books of the New Testament, which were direct to the gentiles, and explains grace in many of the books…

• On November 5, 2018 at 9:44 pm,

Heck Jerry, I could have not stayed sane within the last few months if I did not have at least a bit.
            It has been a real test and I may not have passed completely, but I am functioning as, I believe, God wants me to.

God Bless you Jerry.

• On November 5, 2018 at 8:14 pm,

“are you saying that The Holy Spirit, has not given me, a Believer in Jesus, Grace. Please explain”……you say,
            No…I am not saying that………..but, by the Grace of God..You are saved by Grace.(.and not of Works)…if you believe and accept Christ as your savior, believing in the death, burial and resurrection.
            The” other ages” Eph. 3vs5, which I mentioned, is referring to prior to the cross.

• On November 5, 2018 at 8:56 pm,

Sorry Jerry, I could see no reply from you.

• On November 5, 2018 at 9:39 pm,

Thanks, by brother. I wasn’t sure that was what you meant but now I know.

• On November 6, 2018 at 9:31 am,

Owl……thanks for the reply……and God Bless You…….

• On November 6, 2018 at 11:12 am,

And back to you Jerry!

• On November 5, 2018 at 6:29 am,
      GH says:

There is some really eye-opening commentary on the Old Testament, it’s context and contradictions, in Douglas Reed’s ‘Controversy of Zion’, BTW.

I haven’t come across a more important book for understanding the current world situation (though he goes light on the financial aspects, which are well understood by most here at KER).

• On November 5, 2018 at 11:45 am,

THanks GH……..for the reference book……read the first chapter and as you said ,
        There is some really eye-opening commentary on the Old Testament

3. On November 4, 2018 at 10:41 am,
    Robert Moriarty says:

There are not ten commandments. There are correctly stated thirty commandments. the Jewish 10 commandments are different than the Catholic 10 commandments are different from the Christian 10 commandments.

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:31 am,

I am very glad that you are still with us Bob and I hope that you are well.

4. On November 4, 2018 at 11:31 am,
    Ebolan says:

How about the 12 Point Pledge?

You boys see this?

What do you think of this, Mr. Big Al Korelin or any of you boys? Definitely you won’t see the Ameroconned Progressives promoting this. I think they’d like to exile Rowe to Outer Slombodia.

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:34 am,
      Ebolan says:

5. I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it.

No way he could be a politician! 🙂

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:40 am,

Very, very true statement Mr. Eblolan.

• On November 4, 2018 at 11:40 am,

Mr. Eolan,

I love your input to our blog. You may not be a Christian, but I have to say “God bless you, my brother”!

• On November 4, 2018 at 12:09 pm,

I personally am going to try and build a relationship with them. The writer is spot on. A lot of Progressive would, of course, not buy into this philosophy and therein lies the fact as to why they are Progressive.

5. On November 4, 2018 at 1:58 pm,

Peterson on concepts of freedom and individuality.
    (Political correctness is wrong)

The Better Society!

6. On November 4, 2018 at 7:16 pm,
  7. On November 4, 2018 at 8:53 pm,
    Mike says:

DID YOU KNOW … JESUS CHRIST the SECOND PERSON OF THE HOLY TRINITY in SPIRIT WITH GOD the FATHER and THE HOLY SPIRIT kindly clarified
    the culmination of all the laws of the ancient texts of the Hebrews and throughout Salvation History unto his birth in :

Mark 12:28-34

28 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one; 30 and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that he is one, and there is no other but he; 33 and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any question.

It’s wonderful that so much of God’s Sacred Scripture is written and engraved throughout Washington … hoping and praying as many do, that all present in DC may soon live by them all, to build up the Kingdom of God the Father , God the Son and God the Holy Spirit on our way Home to the Kingdom of Heaven !!!

8. On November 5, 2018 at 6:45 am,
    Jay Linn says:

Have you seen ‘The First American’ – the documentary on George Washington? It made me proud be a citizen of this incredibly unique and uniquely blessed country.

9. On November 5, 2018 at 7:50 am,
    b says:

I guess this guy was an american spy, figures he knows how to shut down the federal reserve

10. On November 9, 2018 at 12:31 pm,
    Rev. Brad Jenson says:

A Preface to an Invocation After a Bitter Election Context
    Rev. Brad Jenson
    Duluth, Minnesota
    November 7, 2018
    Duluth Harbortown Rotary Club

As many of you older ones here, I’ve lived through the difficult years of turmoil in the late 1960s and through the Watergate years of the early 1970s. Whereas, the turmoil in the streets back then was worse then than now, the acrimony of our political discourse by our elected officials and many in the general public is much worse now than it was then. But, of course, nothing was more bitter than the years when Abraham Lincoln was president from 1861 to 1865.

Here are a few words from Lincoln’s second inaugural address (delivered on March 4, 1865) that may resonate with us now:

“Both [sides] read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each [party] invokes His aid against the other. . . . With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds . . . to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.”

Let us pray. Gracious God, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, let each of us, as Rotarians and people of faith, seek “to bind up the nation’s [political] wounds and to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with and with all nations. Amen.