KER Politics – Tue 25 Dec, 2018

Big Al’s Christmas Day Message

Here we are at 1:50 p.m. on Christmas day. My twin grandsons and my daughter and son in law have left for Seattle and I am starting to be able to hear again. God bless each of them as their lives are full of goodness and not only do I have a lot of love for both of them, but I also envy them for their goodness and unwavering trust for those around them. Wouldn’t life be wonderful if that was the way that it was for all of us?

Let’s think about that just a little bit: Imagine our leaders working together and really having the goal of making America an example of “goodness and Light” as the Lord was portrayed in the Christmas Carol “Do You Hear What I Hear?”

In our current society that seems to be an impossibility because of our secular and selfish nature. Impossibility is one word and is contrasted by “attainability” I happen to believe strongly in the word “attainable”

If you surround yourself today with the contemporary press you are sure to go into a terrible funk and try to change your reality with booze (seems to work very well in the short term); other types of escape; or,  simply denial. Most of the folks today seem to go with “escape” or “denial” rather that provide alternative actions that logic says would work. When I say “alternative actions” I am not including those that are part of the “blame game. “It is all so and so’s fault and if it wasn’t for those evil people, the Middle East would be just fine” ; “if it wasn’t for the racist police, our inner cities would turn into vacation destinations; or, ” who does that overpaid football player think he is taking a knee instead of standing during the national anthem.”

What do any of those thoughts accomplish other than perhaps making a person falsely feel better than those at whom his fingers are pointing?

Okay, I just took a 90  minute break to clear my head and and walked 7600 steps with the Studio Dog;  my daughter and her ferocious five pound little pooch named Cadence who she named after my grandfather. I have seen Cade, as we call him take on Labs if he thinks they pose a threat to his family. Absolutely the funniest thing that I have ever seen is when we all were sitting on the beach on Whidbey Island one great sunny afternoon and a large Golden came sniffing around, probably to make friends. Cade took it a bit differently and charged the Lab and literally threw all of his five pounds  right into the other pooches right side. The look on the Labs face was absolutely the funniest thing that I have ever seen other than the looks on all of my family’s faces.

Before I make my point let me tell you a bit about the man who Cadence was named after. My gradfather’s last name in Polish was Kfasnetski changed when he got to America to Kay de Netzki. Hence the name Cadence

Dedushka, as I called him was an officer in the Czar’s navy, who happened to be with his family in London when the Revolution broke out in Russia. He found himself there with his wife and two children and very little money. Rather than blame someone else for his misfortune, he made his way to Seattle via New York and then Vancouver, British Columbia. He ended up working as an engineer for almost the rest of his life for the telephone company in Seattle. He also ended up being the only person in our family, other than myself, who had his own house along with a couple of dollars to spend. And, when I say a couple of dollars, I mean not much more than that!

It took him a good ten years to put himself into the position where he could completely reverse the position he was in back in 1917. He had a choice to get  back to where he was around 1917 and he worked like hell and made the right one. No escapism; no denial; and, certainly no blame thrown at others!

What choices do we have to make? Well, we are all fed up with the way that things are going politically and, in many cases, socially in our country. We have, as a group, a voice and we have, as a group, an audience.

The choice that we have to make is, “How can we be the most effective in articulating our cause?

Pretty simple: Show your intelligence by commenting on issues without emotion and providing sensible alternatives. Our President did a lot of complaining and blaming today (Christmas). Rather than showing intelligent and feasible alternatives to his “wall” he simply said, “do it my way or I will simply shut down the government.” Rather than discuss the U.S. withdrawing from Syria and Afghanistan, he simply said to our allies, more or less,  we’re out of there and I don’t even want your opinions on this because it is all about my position!

Please, please, let’s use this forum to provide well thought out and informed ideas.

If we do that as a group, we could very well accomplish something and not be stuck in London!

Al Korelin

Comments:
  1. On December 25, 2018 at 9:31 pm,

First, please allow me to express my gratitude to you for this forum.

Next, please allow me to make the request to everyone to always seek.more knowledge, so that you may know what is true and what is false. May I suggest that you everyone always seek the recording or the actual text of statements politicians may make if this is possible, because it is only by such, in this day and age of fake news and fake media, that one may be sure that you find the truth.

Then, forgive me Big Al, but allow me to disagree with you, but at the time he made the statements about withdrawal. From Syria and Afghanistan, President Trump also included several phrases omitted by the news media.

He said in prelude (I paraphrase) “I have promised to remove troops from Syria and Afghanistan and I am going to keep that promise.”
    After tweeting and making that statement, he clarified his statement by related statements. Again I paraphrase, not being at home with computers so I can type exact wording.). With regards to withdrawal from Syria, the timing will be on a timetable made in consultation with our allies. (This was interpreted in most of the foreign press as over 9 months to a year for withdrawing ground troops.)
    With regards to withdrawal from Afghanistan, Trump made a statement that questioned the reason for being there just as targets for terrorists, and made an indication that Afghani forces were better equipped to maintain law and order.

Thus the majors of reports in the US press are essentially slanted or fake….intended simply to make Trump look incompetent.

With regard to the wall, I understand, Big Al, why you a thousand miles away from the Mexican border, would be less concerned about closing that border to illegals, than those of us more affected, but the fact is FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS Democrats have been suggesting settle this or that dispute attached to illegal immigration first and then they (the Democrats) will talk about immigration, but they NEVER reach agreement.
    Just how many times should a President be suckered in to believing the Democrats might ever agree to limiting illegal immigration?
    THE FACT IS THE DEMOCRATS NEVER WILL LIMIT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, because they rely on it for new voters.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to all.

2. On December 25, 2018 at 9:37 pm,

This iPad as usual incorrects my typing….
    ‘Thus the majors of reports’ should read “the majority of reports”

• On December 26, 2018 at 9:16 am,
      Ebolan says:

Dang iPad! They have a mind of their own! 🙂

• On December 26, 2018 at 9:29 am,

Eddy,

That is exactly why I bought this HP 17 inch a few weeks back.Most of those problems which I had with my Lenovo Yoga are now gone. My Lenovo was small and light. the problem was it seemed that I could just look at a key and it would register.

3. On December 25, 2018 at 9:41 pm,

I also see a couple of times where hovering or typing a space has resulted in .space

4. On December 25, 2018 at 10:55 pm,

I truly appreciate your input and I have a confession. I wanted all of my life to be a doctor. Not being able to get thru chemistry and physics made it an impossibility for me. Perhaps if I attended Purdue I could have made it at least thru physics as I would bet that you made it understandable.

All the best, my good friend.

• On December 26, 2018 at 3:44 am,
      Ebolan says:

Mr. Big Al Korelin,

I never knew you wanted to be a doctor. I must admit that if I had to be lying on an operating table sliced open like a gutted fish with some surgeon elbow deep in my guts, that surgeon would be Dr. Big Al Korelin!

• On December 26, 2018 at 9:30 am,

Thank you so much for the kind word, Eddy. You are a decent person, my friend.

5. On December 26, 2018 at 3:29 am,
    Ebolan says:

Mr. Big Al Korelin,

I must say, for lack of better terms, that you are “the prettiest baby and the most powerful baby in the nursery.”

• On December 26, 2018 at 9:31 am,

Don’t take this the wrong way, Eddy, but I love you.

6. On December 26, 2018 at 7:53 am,
    Dick Tracy says:

I think it is important to talk about returning America back to normalcy. This would be a world where you feel comfortable about topics such as music, travel, clothes, sports, the cost of living, business, parades, books, the theatre, etcetera, etcetera. In order to get back to that world you must maintain the status quo. That means indignation when the political leaders do not obey the rules, and not indignation for those who expose the wrongdoings. The last thing that most people want is to disturb the status quo but when you deal with corruption at the high levels of government you brake the status quo. That is why corruption has been allowed to go on for so long. Trump has exposed this indignation and that is what riles up the Washington establishment. DT

• On December 26, 2018 at 9:54 am,

“you must return to the status quo” is an interesting comment. Do you mean that the existing wrongs but first be corrected or do you mean the status quo as it existed in the past when all seemed well.

I will take off on your idea of dealing with the corruption at the highest levels of government because it is breaking the status quo and that cannot be allowed to continue. I think that is an extremely important point, Mr. Tracy. (I, by the way, I would define “the status quo as being a continuing lifestyle that brought about societal improvements which included scientific advancements. And, all of this within an atmosphere of “peace and goodwill”) Am I correct in that?

I completely agree with your ideas of concentrating to an extent on the topics of music, travel,clothing, sports, the cost of living, business, books and the theater as examples. Some people, I suppose consider these issues to be trite but I do not because they contribute to “peace of mind”. And, very little in our contemporary society contributes to personal “peace of mind”

I think that it is absolutely critical that we are aware of that.

If you would like to pursue this topic, I am more than happy to do just that. I have an interview with Charlotte to do in about ten minutes and I have a two hour doctor’s appointment at 2:10 p.m. Relative are arriving about eleven, but I will certainly take time to address your ideas because they are spot on and I think the discussion should be pursued.

7. On December 26, 2018 at 7:59 am,

A commentary from a doctor: Dave Janda:

• On December 26, 2018 at 9:55 am,

Many thanks, CFS

8. On December 26, 2018 at 8:39 am,
    Ebolan says:

Excellent Greg Hunter interview. (The last one of the year).

9. On December 26, 2018 at 9:56 am,

Many thanks Eddy, comments from Big Al to follow on this one and the one by Dr. Janda suggested by CFS.

10. On December 26, 2018 at 2:47 pm,
    Ebolan says:

Dang, it looks like the most powerful baby came out of the nursery today (and that was the conventional market)…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbJoOXa6t4 🙂

• On December 26, 2018 at 4:58 pm,

Looks like my grandson, Bruce!

11. On December 26, 2018 at 4:22 pm,

The way it is, not how it should be in California.

• On December 26, 2018 at 5:02 pm,

Don’t know much about Blaze Tv;. I don’t want you folks to get swell headed, but I get all the information that I need from you!

I saw that because I assume that you vet your sources.

12. On December 26, 2018 at 4:36 pm,

The way it is with Mueller, the warlock.

• On December 26, 2018 at 5:08 pm,

Now my question is: :why isn’t this reported in the msm?

• On December 27, 2018 at 6:25 am,
        Bonzo Barzini says:

Because the msm is run by left wing radicals who want to remove Trump.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:25 am,

Pretty simple and pretty true Bonzo!

13. On December 26, 2018 at 4:58 pm,

It appears that Hillary Clinton may have given/sold M28 or M-29 (Davy Crockett) rockets with nuclear tips to ISIS.
    Information coming out of Clinton emails.
    It is also becoming clear that nuclear secrets were sold/given to Iran.
    With over $ 1 billion being given to Clinton Foundation co-incidentally in return.
    Ok given by Obama.

• On December 26, 2018 at 5:09 pm,

Common CFS, I am already depressed.

Could you provide a source on this despicable news.

Al

• On December 26, 2018 at 5:50 pm,

I don’t have confirmation of a published source yet, but this is dark web info on Clinton emails, which she destroyed. Info appears to be leaking out of NSA. (It could be false flag) However the proximate timing of emails and Clinton Foundation payments tend to authenticate info.
        There is also gun-running info via Libya by Obama to ISIS that appears true ( in the emails).

If the email info is true, we will begin to see indictments and/or trials next year, I predict.

• On December 26, 2018 at 6:13 pm,

Big Al, repeat after me the serenity prayer.
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.

Unless you are more powerful than I believe, you have no cause to be depressed.
        There are some things mere plebs such as us cannot solve…..just have faith that in the end justice will prevail.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:27 am,

I believe that you are absolutely correct as what you wrote is a description of The Final Judgement.

Thanks CFS

14. On December 26, 2018 at 5:00 pm,

Is the Mueller investigation being used to distract from the real Traitors? (HRC and Obama)

• On December 26, 2018 at 5:10 pm,

Very possible of course.

How we are starting to find the answer to my question which is just how powerful is this family?

15. On December 26, 2018 at 5:07 pm,

Trump talks to the troops in Iraq.

16. On December 26, 2018 at 5:12 pm,

I will watch this a second time when I get home. Thank you CFS and I hope and pray that Trump gets the job done that I believe he can.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:29 am,

I also watched the recap this morning on Fox and found it interesting that a lot of the Dems criticized his actions by calling his speech similar to a “campaign rally.”

17. On December 26, 2018 at 5:13 pm,

Trump explains his foreign policy to the troops in the above video.
    Repeated here:

• On December 27, 2018 at 7:11 am,

President’s press conference after Iraq visit:

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:35 am,

I suppose that his comment about “getting new equipment could be construed as “campaign rhetoric”, but I don’t view it as such. I will say that the way he put it was unnecessary.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:44 am,

He was talking to the troops.

I don’t think MIC spending is well spent. Very poor value for money, but is that not true of most government spending?
        There is a lot of waste in R & D, but that is true in all R & D. One often has to go down the wrong path before you find it is not leading in the desired direction. And, of course government is infamous for slow decision-making and protecting one’s own turf by officials.
        There is no doubt Obama reduced defense spending.

Hannity program on wall:
        But Hannity on Christmas break.

• On December 27, 2018 at 10:25 am,

# months ago, Trump said this to the UN.

Trump is clearly against New World Order.

18. On December 26, 2018 at 5:53 pm,

I worry more than Trump about over indebtedness of the US. This, if anything, has been Trump’s number one weakness in the past.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:36 am,

I agree, but I will remind listeners that this particular weakness has been shared by all presidents for a long time.

19. On December 26, 2018 at 6:07 pm,

The origin of the large stock market rally today appears not to be PPT, but last minute portfolio buying by pension funds, sitting in cash. Presumably for year-end reporting purposes.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:37 am,

That makes a lot of sense, CFS.

• On December 27, 2018 at 9:47 am,

Apparently $ 86 billion moved into market!

• On December 27, 2018 at 10:06 am,

Gotta love those pension funds for supplying the market with bag holders.

20. On December 27, 2018 at 10:23 am,

I believe about $ 64 Billion came from Pension funds, and the rest was algo piling in.