Don Buckner and Madeintheusa.com

To listen to our initial  intrview with Don listen below:

Here is the first of two interviews that I did with Don

Entrepreneur Don Buckner’s patriotic plan began in 1998, when he attempted to find several American-made products online, but was unable to do so. Frustrated, he took matters into his own hands, purchasing the Domain MadeintheUSA.com. The website served as a directory resource connecting patriotic consumers to more than 300,000 American-made manufacturers for several years. He also acquired the Domain MadeInAmerica.com.

Don is no stranger to success in business since he has been in the manufacturing industry for over 30 years. He started out as a mechanic and welder with no formal education. In 1997, he launched Vac-Tron Equipment, (VacTron.com) a company that was born in his garage. In 2000, Vac-Tron was listed on the INC 500 as the 13th fastest growing privately held company, growing 6500% in just 3 years. In the same year, he was awarded the 2000 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the State of Florida. Buckner is also in the Business Hall of Fame and Vac-Tron was Named Industry of the Year and Business of the Year.

Comments:
  1. On December 23, 2019 at 10:13 am,
    markedtofuture says:

AWK News Dec. 23: NOBODY is above the law anymore. FISA = START. Q

2. On December 23, 2019 at 12:53 pm,
    Charles says:

Al – Thanks for having Mr Buckner on the show. I would like to hear more from him and his efforts to restore American Manufacturing.

3. On December 23, 2019 at 3:11 pm,
    cfs says:

I don’t know about patriotism…..
    I hate mt country to be denigrated without cause AND will give my country the benefit of the doubt if I’m not sure about something. However, I do not like a “love it or leave it” attitude or a jingoistic attitude of “my country can do no wrong”.

I don’t know if I believe the statements about the percentage of drugs manufactured abroad. Perhaps I’m biased but I used to live in Indiana near the Wabash river and would not eat fish therefrom, because of the chemical discharge from Eli Lilley making insulin.
    Just North of Purdue University there is a research park, heavily involved with developing manufacturing technology for new pharmaceuticals.

I suspect a problem with statistics quoted in this particularpiece.

e.g.

4. On December 23, 2019 at 3:21 pm,
    Dick Tracy says:

Good business helps prosperity, and prosperity is good for any country. I would define good business as business that produces domestic items that the consumer wants. America is to dependent on the armament industry. They need to impose tariffs and build up a manufacturing base that will find the consumer, centered on the needs of their home market, then they can start to export quality consumer items the World wants to buy. DT

5. On December 23, 2019 at 3:22 pm,
    cfs says:

Taking a list of Pharmaceuticals sold in the US by dollar amount:

and cross-checking against the list of total sales by exporting countries, given previously,
    I don’t see how there is room for China to dominate the market.

I JUST DON”T BELIEVE THE STATISTICS QUOTED. Sorry, I could not verify.

6. On December 23, 2019 at 4:34 pm,
    cfs says:

I think the problem with manufacturing leaving the country is not as simple as Mr.Buckner makes. Historically jobs have left the country to be performed by lower skilled, lower paid workers in other countries as American workers have gone on to build more advanced products. America has historically been a leader in technology.
    Unfortunately America is losing it’s lead.
    That is a serious problem.
    For decades we had more highly educated citizens going to graduate school, pushing the frontiers of science and technology.
    For decades we had more freedom of movement and sensible regulations.
    Slowly, almost unnoticeably things changed.
    No longer are research publications dominated so extensively by Americans.
    Movement between companies and locations in the U.S. became less common.
    Unions tend more and more make it impossible to fire dead wood.
    The Government does not help; perhaps giving 3 month parental leave to not only mothers but fathers, may help new-borns (and that’s questionable), but for sure does not help productivity or cost efficiency for American companies with “made in America”.

The problem is partly the Government itself.
    YThe problem is expanding bureaucracy, increasing power of government coming at a price too high.

Why on earth does local government accept national government-imposed curricula?
    (Money, of course)
    Was it not Jimmy Carter that decided to create a Federal Department of Education?
    Could the start of decline date back to that
    ? I don’t know, but I do know that the U.S. has been declining in education relative to other countries ever since.
    Perhaps part of the reason for outsiders to be elected, rather than government insiders, is that people have awakened to government incompetence.

• On December 23, 2019 at 5:07 pm,
      Nigel says:

I agree

7. On December 23, 2019 at 5:04 pm,
    Nigel says:

I must admit that I’m a bit wary of the idea all a country needs to do is impose tariffs, build up a manufacturing base for home consumer products and then export them. If life were that simple. My concern is that too high tariffs would simply stop competition and allow home producers to produce average products at very high prices. I don’t think you’re average consumer can really cope with the level of inflation it would cause in commodity items such as trainers, fridges and TVs etc. I’m also not sure there is a big enough pool of labor that is willing, skilled and able to work in these factories. If the solution to that is more automation, I don’t know if that really helps anyone. There will always be worldwide demand for top-of-the-range high quality exports but it’s quite a small market given average wages around the world. I honestly don’t know the answer but I don’t think tariffs are a magic bullet.

• On December 23, 2019 at 6:51 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

Nigel, Manufacturing creates wealth, just look at The US economy in the 1920’s when tariffs were high and the manufacturing base was second to none. China has pulled off an economic miracle by protecting it’s industry with tariffs and building a manufacturing powerhouse. With prosperity comes higher education and the prospect of a job. The United States became the banker and financial arbitrator for the World because they were in the position to call the tune. When a tariff barrier is erected it can be modified later to allow as many foreign goods as the country sees fit once their industry is competitive. As you can see a country cannot have an empire by military conquest or political dictation, but only by financial penetration. The next loss for America will be the destruction of what little is left of their wealth by The Chinese businessman. The pendulum must start to swing the other way, meaning business must be venerated and manufacturing repatriated. DT

• On December 24, 2019 at 5:54 am,
        Charles says:

Good thoughts DT.

8. On December 24, 2019 at 4:21 pm,
    markedtofuture says:

“It Will Be The End Of Energy” | THEY Won’t Tell You This..

9. On December 24, 2019 at 5:05 pm,
    cfs says:

Tapping ionto zero point energy is ridiculous……zero point energy is still there if an atom is cooled to absolute zero, which is why it is called zero point energy.
    The ignoramus who produced the video had clearly never studied either quantum mechanics or physics, and possibly not even Tesla.
    Yes, it is possible to transfer energy via resonant Tesla technology.
    No, it is not possible to suck out zero-point energy.

10. On December 25, 2019 at 7:21 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Santa Claus Accused Of Quid Pro Quo For Giving Children Gifts In Exchange For Good Behavior

December 14th, 2019

“U.S.—Legislators have begun to hold hearings on impeaching Santa Claus after an overheard conversation seemed to imply he was offering a quid pro quo: gifts in exchange for good behavior.”

“FBI agents spied on Claus at various malls as he repeatedly said things like, “Sure, I’ll get you a pony. But first, I need you to do something for me… be a good little boy!” The FBI was able to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Claus, because it’s easier to get a FISA warrant than to get a Costco membership.”

“Ho ho noooooo!” Santa Claus cried as investigators leaped out and cuffed him at a Dayton, OH mall. “Not good! Sad!”

“It was a perfect conversation,” Claus said, defending himself in a series of fiery tweets. “Absolutely perfect. I was simply talking to little Billy and asked him to keep tabs on his sister, Sally, who has been involved in some corruption. Who doesn’t want to stop corruption? Did I offer Billy a new Nintendo Switch in exchange for his good behavior? Possibly. Am I planning on giving Sally coal because she’s a little punk? Maybe.”

11. On December 25, 2019 at 7:28 pm,