Dr. Frieda discusses motivations behind violent societal actions

It’s important that we learn more about each other .

Comments:
  1. On December 30, 2019 at 4:59 pm,
    cfs says:

I don’t know that school is the best environment to teach moral values…….In theory, maybe.
    I do believe they are best taught at home, over a long span of time.
    Is that truly possible in America anymore, with a fractured society ?
    The media and politicians have a lot to answer for.

• On December 30, 2019 at 5:46 pm,

Of course, home is the best place to teach moral values. Is that truly possible in our fractured society today? Probable not. Media and politicians, of course should, in my opinion, a lot if not the majority of the blame!

2. On December 30, 2019 at 5:24 pm,
    cfs says:

Off Topic…..

Warning: Banking collapse possibly imminent in Hong Kong.

I don’t know whether a bank collapse in Hong Kong could or will bring down further collapses in other countries.
    At a guess, I’d be most worried (internationally) if HSBC were brought down in Hong Kong,although I believe its presence in different countries is fairly well compartmentalized.

• On December 30, 2019 at 5:58 pm,

Here is the latest information on the Hong Kong eonomy:

Protest-hit Hong Kong’s economy shrank 1.9 per cent, IMF forecasts
      International Monetary Fund also forecasts the city will see GDP growth of 0.2 per cent in 2020, led by private consumption
      Official statistics show value of city’s exports in November dropped 1.4 per cent to HK$359.3 billion, while total imports also fell for 12th straight month

• On December 30, 2019 at 6:02 pm,

Not what I would call strong forecast for growth. I couldn’t find much on the potential of a banking collapse being imminent. Do you have any information that I could not find. If so,k please forward it to me.

Thanks

• On December 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm,

I was listening to a BBC world service money program, and watching a movie at the same time. The BBC program talked about an upcoming crisis in Hong Kong, saying that two mainland Chinese banks had just gone bankrupt and the Chinese Government had NOT chosen to go to their aid, and that we should expect problems next in Hong Kong soon, and to not expect Mainland China to help….implying to teach them a lesson.
          No specifics, just a warning of people already pulling assets out of Hong Kong banks starting yesterday (Monday in Hong Kong)

I noticed a spike up in gold price that correlated with the opening of Hong Kong banking.
          I am ignorant of how much Hong Kong banks cover with reserves.
          but not many banks can withstand significant cash runs withdrawals for very long.

3. On December 30, 2019 at 5:32 pm,
    cfs says:

I can’t see any problems with HSBC right now.
    For educational purposes the link I used was:
    Response times from the various branches of HSBC seems normal.

4. On December 30, 2019 at 8:52 pm,
    cfs says:

Political scum to the left; political scum to the right, pollution everywhere in DC and many statehouses.

Shakespeare was right about lawyers and should have included politicians.

5. On December 31, 2019 at 9:37 am,