Dana Lyons Commentary – Fri 15 May, 2020

Can just a handful of stocks support the overall markets?

Dana Lyons kicks off today by focusing on the overall markets and outlining the few sectors that are holding the broad averages up. A couple key questions are the following… Can these few sectors hold up the overall markets? And is there still upside in the few standout sectors?

Dana is also running a spring sale over at The Lyons Share. Click here to get 25% off his service.

Comments:
  1. On May 15, 2020 at 9:31 am,
    David says:

Excuse the post in this thread, but just want to make a huge shout-out to Matthew and his charts on the silver miner projections. He hit it! Also on the Novo projections. I decided to go with what I had, and got a good jump on my holdings…but just about everything else also. Hail Matthew!

2. On May 15, 2020 at 10:56 am,
    Dick Tracy says:

T.FVL= KAPOW, It has now broken out of consolidation! DT

3. On May 15, 2020 at 11:39 am,
    Nigel says:

The answer to the title question is – yes. On the basis of the Sherlock Holmes quote ‘Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.’

4. On May 15, 2020 at 12:10 pm,
    John Kruschke says:

NAK. Northern Dynasty has doubled in the last month.

5. On May 15, 2020 at 12:20 pm,
    b says:

bye bye fish, but who the heck needs food or nature?

Sometimes there are investments I dont want on my conscience.

6. On May 15, 2020 at 12:30 pm,
    John Kruschke says:

b:
    I don’t own the stock but I do have real estate next to the deposit.
    My daughter and her husband also have their A-Star 350 leased to a company that does a lot of work for Northern Dynasty.
    This use to be a twenty dollar stock not that long ago.
    Speaking of fish b, how many $8 dollar cans of Red Salmon have you bought lately?

• On May 15, 2020 at 12:36 pm,
      John Kruschke says:

And just for the record:
      I’ve always said they will mine Pebble when Fukashima kills all the Salmon.

• On May 15, 2020 at 2:16 pm,
        b says:

Ive never heard of red salmon, do you mean pink?

I rarely eat any salmon, I live in Alberta now so its pretty much impossible to find any that is smoked correctly which I would eat every chance I got.

I simply dont believe a financial profit is worth destroying the resource.

Like profiting from arms manufacturing, I dont want it on my conscience.

• On May 15, 2020 at 2:39 pm,

B, I don’t own Northern Dynasty and don’t plan to but I have to point out that you can trade it with a clear conscience if you do so in the secondary market like most people since the funding happens in the primary market. In other words, just avoid the private placements and you’ll effectively reduce your role to that of a spectator betting on an outcome.

• On May 15, 2020 at 2:41 pm,

If you bet that a hurricane will destroy Houston, it doesn’t make you responsible for it.

• On May 15, 2020 at 3:04 pm,
            John Kruschke says:

That is a great comment Mathew especially with the Fed buying everything in sight.
            Who knows any more what is what.
            The largest Sovereign Wealth fund in the World, (NMIM) just blacklisted four of Canada’s Oil Sand’s Companies though citing unacceptable Green house gas emissions.
            The pressure is on Alaska as this is there sixth consecutive year of deficit spending.

• On May 15, 2020 at 2:55 pm,
          John Kruschke says:

B:
          Red Salmon is called Sockeye.
          Northern Dynasty’s Pebble deposit is next to Lake Iliamna, home of the World’s largest Sockeye run.
          #2 largest known Copper,Gold, Molybdenum deposit in the world right smack in the headwaters of the World’s largest Sockeye run.
          This will be interesting as there is also a Freshwater Seal in Lake Iliamna that was just put on the protected list I believe.

7. On May 15, 2020 at 1:02 pm,
    • On May 15, 2020 at 1:10 pm,
      John Kruschke says:

Nice job on the Silver call Mathew.

• On May 15, 2020 at 1:19 pm,
        John Kruschke says:

Look at the chart I posted of NAK and look at the Ag chart and you will see they both bottomed at about the same time.
        With the Fed’s decision to weaponize the dollar through swap lines, dollar friendly Countries will be front and center.

• On May 15, 2020 at 2:26 pm,

Thanks John. Yes, the miners all pretty much bottomed together.

8. On May 15, 2020 at 1:28 pm,
    Marty says:

Great Bear share conversion to GTBAF + royalty share acknowledgement in TDAMERITRADE, BUT NOT schwab

9. On May 15, 2020 at 7:51 pm,
    buzz says:

Great day for ASM . Core holding, been a long way down, accumulated & never gave up on it however. AAU on deck?

• On May 15, 2020 at 9:53 pm,
      buzz says:

Oh, I get it: Buzzy was he was a bear? So much for Charles Darwin & the Green New Deal