Suicide interview with Dr. John Huber could not have been more timely. Thank you, John.

“We’ve Never Seen Numbers Like This” – Trauma Doc Sees Post-Lockdown Suicide Wave Starting

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden

by Tyler DurdenFri, 05/22/2020 – 21:25TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrint

We suggested, at the beginning of April, that a “suicide wave” was imminent considering the economic devastation sparked by COVID-19 lockdowns. In the last nine weeks, 38.6 million Americans have lost their jobs and were thrown into instant poverty. Many were already skating on thin financial ice even before the pandemic, and now they’ve fallen through, drowning in insurmountable debts, no savings, and limited lifelines.

The first signs of a suicide wave could be originating in California. ABC7 News reports doctors and nurses at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, are reporting deaths by suicide far exceed COVID-19 deaths during the pandemic.

The hospital’s top trauma doctor, Dr. Mike deBoisblanc, told ABC7 that mental health has become a major problem during the shelter-in-place order.

Dr. Mike deBoisblanc speaking with ABC7

“Personally I think it’s time,” said deBoisblanc. “I think, originally, this (the shelter-in-place order) was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients. We have the current resources to do that and our other community health is suffering.”

DeBoisblanc said the numbers are unprecedented:

“We’ve never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time,” he said. “I mean we’ve seen a year’s worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks.”

Kacey Hansen, a trauma nurse at the hospital for over three decades, said the volume of suicide attempts has dramatically increased during the lockdowns, noting the pandemic has stretched resources, which means there are fewer tools to save as many patients as usual.

“What I have seen recently, I have never seen before,” Hansen said. “I have never seen so much intentional injury.”

As we’ve noted in the past, hospital systems do not let doctors and nurses speak out about internal affairs and or what’s happening in the community unless cleared by officials. It appears the outreach of hospital staff to the local news outlet is a move to address the mental health public crisis sparked by lockdowns in the Bay Area. The hospital released this statement:

“John Muir Health has been, and continues to be, supportive of the Shelter-in-Place order put in place by Contra Costa County Health Services to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We realize there are a number of opinions on this topic, including within our medical staff, and John Muir Health encourages our physicians and staff to participate constructively in these discussions. We all share a concern for the health of our community whether that is COVID-19, mental health, intentional violence or other issues. We continue to actively work with our Behavioral Health Center, County Health and community organizations to increase awareness of mental health issues and provide resources to anyone in need. If you are in a crisis and need help immediately, please call 211 or 800-833-2900 or text ‘HOPE’ to 20121 now. We are all in this together, and ask the community to please reach out to anyone who you think might be in need during this challenging time. Thank you.”

In addition to the +90,000 and counting virus-related deaths, Well Being Trust recently outlined how 75,000 people could die of drug or alcohol misuse and or suicide during the pandemic.

President Trump warned in March that nationwide lockdowns must be reversed to prevent “tremendous death” from the economic depression, referring to the likely increase of suicides.

“People get tremendous anxiety and depression and you have suicide over things like this, when you have a terrible economy, you have death,” President Trump said.

President Trump on economy: “We can’t turn that off and think it’s going to be wonderful. There’ll be tremendous repercussions. There will be tremendous death…probably more death from that than anything that we’re talking about with respect to the virus.”

Comments:
  1. On May 23, 2020 at 10:11 am,

I posted this twice earlier…………

• On May 23, 2020 at 10:28 am,

On May 23, 2020 at 7:32 am,
      Just beginning……….World is in a serious mess……..and those responsible need to be held accountable….

• On May 23, 2020 at 10:30 am,

No 2…… 🙂
        On May 23, 2020 at 7:35 am,
        More to come……………side effects……

• On May 23, 2020 at 10:54 am,
          Josey Wales says:

Mr. Tyler Durden isn’t capable of reporting the real reasons for all these problems and they could have all been avoided. Our society is completely irrational not even capable of thinking for themselves with all this debt that leads to these tragic outcomes and of course the moral values that are sunk as low or even past the bottom of the sewer. Ignorantly pitching the narrative for prosperity making America great again completely ignoring the real problems behind everything we’re suffering for. Going back thousands of years prosperity has always lead a society into monumental debt, the richer people become the more perverted their lifestyles don’t have to look too far it’s everywhere pedophilia is in the wealthy community and high percentage of the population is also completely immoral with everything. This society is going to continue in this historic mega colossal destructive collapse. Everyone thought it could never happen. America was too great. The same thing with another world war it will never happen. Did you ever think to study history ? Just before World War II broke out the warnings went out few years prior in Germany. The Germans were very complacent they said it could never happen here would be too much destructive damages and loss of life. They we’re very prideful just like America is today. After the war those who survived and there was actually bodies burning in the streets it was horrific past human imagination they said how could the warnings be heard and no one listened. Are you listening ??

• On May 23, 2020 at 11:12 am,

Sheeple do not have a CLUE………

• On May 23, 2020 at 11:15 am,

My understanding is that sheep are very dumb animals. Kind of like many segments of our society.

• On May 23, 2020 at 11:13 am,

I am definitely listening Josey and I have been aware of what you are saying since, believe it or not, about 2070. I even changed much of my business because of my belief. Good thing I changed by business by the way!

• On May 23, 2020 at 11:20 am,

Question and Answer…….Did you ever think to study history , Yes, history minor in college…. :)…. and a lot more reading ever since.
            We have been talking about…history on this site for years.

• On May 24, 2020 at 11:15 pm,
            Josey Wales says:

I will say this, I couldn’t stop laughing at these comments below. Not being critical of the comments it was just that Big AL was swinging wide and hard. He was knocking it out of the ballpark. Too busy to comment on it few days ago things were a little rigid as well these are fun comments. I’m not going to hit back. I could , but that would just ruin the fun.

On May 23, 2020 at 11:13 am,

On May 23, 2020 at 11:20 am,
            We have been talking about…history on this site for years.

• On May 24, 2020 at 12:03 pm,

Fair enough

2. On May 23, 2020 at 2:14 pm,
    • On May 23, 2020 at 2:17 pm,

In white papers published by globalists at the Imperial College of London as well as MIT, the plan is openly admitted. They suggest using “waves” of economic openings and then lockdowns to control the spread of the virus. The timelines seem to vary, but in general the models call for a one month open, two months closed cycle. The goal is to deliberately increase infections every couple of months in specific regions of a country, then declare economic shutdown and quarantine measures once the spread reaches a certain level; this is meant to continue until a vaccine is developed, which could take years.

• On May 23, 2020 at 2:19 pm,

tage of small businesses that survive the first lockdown and how many jobs those businesses can bring back to the economy. The first lockdown may be survivable for a large percentage of Americans and businesses; the second lockdown will financially destroy all but the most prepared. And make no mistake, there WILL be many more lockdowns over the next couple years.

• On May 23, 2020 at 2:20 pm,

• On May 23, 2020 at 2:55 pm,

Must be the rapture……….

• On May 23, 2020 at 3:03 pm,

RIP…….Rapture In Paradise

• On May 23, 2020 at 3:04 pm,
            Josey Wales says:

I got raptured !! Big AL is my hero. Going to escape all the mayhem and bloodshed

• On May 23, 2020 at 3:53 pm,

🙂

• On May 23, 2020 at 4:03 pm,
            Josey Wales says:

Come up Hither….not Hitler ….😎

See you soon on the other side ✌️

• On May 23, 2020 at 4:13 pm,

Peace……thanks for sharing……..

• On May 23, 2020 at 4:45 pm,
            Josey Wales says:

Thanks for putting up with me.

I go now . Mommy.. where is my Ba Ba 🍼👶

• On May 23, 2020 at 5:15 pm,

I told you this was a tough crowd…..
            But, never feel you are not welcome….Some just do not have a clue….
            Romans 1:28…..

• On May 23, 2020 at 5:19 pm,

JW…..have your read……
            This is one of the books that the first people in Jamestown had a copy of

• On May 23, 2020 at 5:31 pm,
            Josey Wales says:

A clue ? Brother that’s an understatement by a long shot.

A better not read that book sheep like me will never understand it.

I’m completely hopeless bro !!! 🐏 baaaa baaaa…baaaaaaaaaaaaa

• On May 23, 2020 at 6:07 pm,
            Josey Wales says:

There’s only a small small remnant left in the church. All the scriptures are meaningless now and as far as the Great Commission it doesn’t exist. The priorities are all for the world. We have a lukewarm Church in complete apostasy and Christians don’t want to plant seeds to save souls and their living for the world. They are not doing the father’s Will at all. The scripture below is meaningless to 95% of Christians. As with everything. The father’s Will is to plant seeds and save souls that’s the Great Commission rightly dividing the word of Truth. Also, praying for the lost that do not have any relationship with God and our on the road to eternal damnation. Bible even says that a nation is divided cannot stand and here we are we’re in judgment. Complete denial of everything.
            Matthew 7:21-23
            King James Version
            21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• On May 23, 2020 at 9:25 pm,
        Rufust445 says:

Sounds like a financially and politically engineered Greater Depression.

3. On May 23, 2020 at 2:55 pm,
    irishtony says:

Mrs Wales………I think you have lost the plot !!!

• On May 23, 2020 at 2:57 pm,

Hello Irish……Hope all is going well, glad to hear from you…..

• On May 23, 2020 at 3:13 pm,
        irishtony says:

Jerry…Ditto……You old rascal…..

4. On May 23, 2020 at 5:57 pm,

Here is one for the Biden Fans………..Hey Joe…where are the other characters…
    Ukrainian MP Valery Davydenko of the Dovira faction was found dead in his office bathroom with a gunshot wound to the head,

• On May 23, 2020 at 5:59 pm,

DOA……for Real………Hilly to Joe…please cover……

• On May 23, 2020 at 6:03 pm,

Anybody seen John Kerry, Hunter Biden……..

• On May 25, 2020 at 1:15 pm,
          larry says:

i appreciate your posts…

• On May 25, 2020 at 1:22 pm,

Thank you Larry, ……Glad you stayed around, …..appreciate your comments as well…

• On May 25, 2020 at 2:52 pm,

I have spoken with Larry a number of times over the phone and he is one smart dude and has my respect at this point!

• On May 25, 2020 at 4:58 pm,

Interaction among a wide audience ……..gives a lot of perspective to the on going world.

• On May 25, 2020 at 5:46 pm,

I agree Jerry, and I am hoping that this particular part of the Blog gets a larger number of participants so that we can all be exposed to more thoughts and perhaps even facts.

5. On May 25, 2020 at 4:36 pm,
    larry says:

I forgot to blog the obvious about this post…..If you sit still for a bit and ponder what is actually being discussed….It cannot help but move one to enourmous sadness…..People loose faith and shrivel up and die all the time on this harsh hostile planet that we humans are really not suitable inhabitants of…So sad so tragic …..so pointless so avoidable so machevalian…I hear a larger reason….But I cannot understand it…..

• On May 25, 2020 at 5:49 pm,

I prefer to look at what Dr. Huber (the post) had to say as something that simply increased my awareness of the subject he was discussing.

6. On May 26, 2020 at 6:54 am,
    larry says:

Agreed…I only think that way rarely….

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.