Jeff Christian – Gold and Silver Markets: They’re Still Standing
CPM Group’s Jeffrey Christian discusses the price movement of gold and silver, focusing on some of the factors that have lead to the recent market downturn, and compares what we have seen in gold and silver markets to equity markets. Jeff also focuses on where we might expect to see the markets move from here, discussing factors including a potential recession, inflation, and the invasion of Ukraine.
Be sure to check out the CPM Group’s Silver Yearbook that was just launched. We are a media partner for the Yearbook. It has a lot of valuable insights into the silver market and macro factors.These are some of the key themes discussed.
- The organization of retail investors
- The Russian invasion of Ukraine
- Inflation increased since February 2021
- Interest Rates have begun rising after a long period of anticipation
- There has been a reduction in liquidity and major market making capacity in the silver market
- The more intense use of exchange traded funds by bullion banks
- Investor demand is elevated for both physical silver and derivatives
- The increased availability of inaccurate and misleading information, statistics, and commentary