Al's Insights – Mon 30 Apr, 2012

Big Al and Grant Williams discuss Mark A’s question and comments regarding gold and silver funds and their decreasing potitions.

Al KorelinGrant Williams

Comments:
  1. On April 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm,
    Jerry O^OTB says:

GREAT REPORT……HANG IN THERE EVERYONE….

• On April 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm,

This guy is brilliant.

Big Al

• On April 30, 2012 at 7:30 pm,
        Marc says:

Absolutely Big Al,
        His presentation at the CRIC in February was astonishingly good!!
        Marc

• On April 30, 2012 at 7:43 pm,
        Jerry O^OTB says:

THANKS AL,,,,OH, YOU MEAN GRANT,,,,YA HIM TO…

2. On April 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm,
    Mark Alan says:

hey Big Al

I didn’t know I asked a question. I simply made a statement of observation, but THANKS FOR ASKING Grant Williams! I am honored!

• On April 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm,

At my age Mark A, I can’t tell the difference between a question and a statement. Bear with me!

Big Al, I think!

• On April 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm,
        Mark Alan says:

No problem Big Al! I agree with Mr. William’s point of view. That is why I made the statement earlier because it appeared to me that when the PMs and $ spike like that but only the PMs go anywhere, well it just shows weakness in the dollar. I love the action in the metals! Beautiful!

• On April 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm,

It is truly getting interesting!

Big Al

3. On April 30, 2012 at 4:27 pm,
    Mark Alan says:

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GETTING SOME HELP WITH THE PMs Ladies and Gentlemen! Courtesy of the Wall Street Journal!

• On April 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm,
      Peter says:

Hey, that’s a bit of a sea change. I wonder if someone is being sent a message.

• On April 30, 2012 at 7:41 pm,
      Clay says:

Mark Alan: That was one big and dumb gold dump. $1.24 billion in One Minute with 7,500 contracts. Each contract is 100 ounces or 750,000 troy ounces which is 23.327 Metric Tons. Selling such large amount in one minute is crazy and is was not a fat finger mistake, more likely at Zerohedge suggests, it was the BLS.

These Bankers must really be scared, and I think they have every reason to be scared. They are probably not stupid or dumb, so that tells me they are scared of death by their own countrymen in countries they were born and raised in. Live by the sword die by the sword, or in this case live by fiat money die by fiat money and it could not happen to a more deserving bunch of thugs.

4. On April 30, 2012 at 5:22 pm,
    Peter says:

Hey again,

I say Grant is taking his cues from this forum. His apparent brilliance is merely a reflection of the brilliance of this board.

One thing I like to hear is opposing points of view, even when they are wrong. It is not uncommon for forums like this to develop group-think. I’m pretty sure we’re on the right track, but I wonder how long it would take us to collectively realize, as a forum, that things are truly turning against us.

Would we be slower than the non-goldbug crowd?

• On April 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm,
      Mark Alan says:

I hope not, but that is possible. Just remember, being a gold bug is not the same as being a Perma Bull

• On April 30, 2012 at 5:43 pm,

HI Peter,

I have been in this arena for about 35 years. One thing I learned early on is to be as realistic as I can and to not let my emotions get the better of me.

I will certainly do my best to stay in that frame of mind.

Big Al

5. On April 30, 2012 at 5:37 pm,
    Mark Alan says:

Maybe this should be on Grant William’s next discussion….or at least, on the next 5+1 Iranian nuclear talks.

• On May 1, 2012 at 8:05 am,
      Peter says:

The bluffing in the statement is almost juvenile.

6. On April 30, 2012 at 6:09 pm,
    Mark Alan says:
    • On April 30, 2012 at 7:50 pm,
      Jerry O^OTB says:

GREAT ARTICAL…….I LIKE THE NUMBER OF ONE TROY OZ….55,000

7. On April 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm,
    Clay says:

Following link is one of the best articles on Silver I have read in some time. Highly recommend everyone read it. Steve St. Angelo did a remarkable job, well done.

• On May 1, 2012 at 4:51 am,
      Jerry O^OTB says:

DITTO…Thanks for the input….or is that the output…..
      declining or inclining, or reclining…..the charts look great…..for the future…
      go long, you can’t go wrong……ootb

• On May 1, 2012 at 11:14 am,
      impeachemall says:

Does StStA declare static demand and peak engineering only when it suits his argument?

Big Al needs to bring on a mining operations and machinery expert. They should figure out what amount of diesel could be replaced by CNG, tortillas not served (sorry, I mean “bio”fuels), even solar and wind if parts of the mining operations could be reorganized to be timed more according to electric power supply.

8. On May 1, 2012 at 1:37 am,
    Martin (UK) says:

Hi Clay
    Thanks very much for the link, quite lengthy but well worth the read. Just reinforces my theories have been correct. I must buy some bigger oil tanks :)