Al's Insights – Wed 23 May, 2012

What about the U.S. dollar and the long bond?

Al KorelinRoger Wiegand

Comments:
  1. On May 23, 2012 at 12:23 pm,
    Mark Alan says:

U.S. dollar up but gold and silver returning strong as I type. This looks good for the metals as they appear to be trying to separate themselves from the dollar correlation. Silver is looking really good.

• On May 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm,

Yep, Mark A, I thought that this would happen as I mentioned in one of the editorials.

Best,

Big Al

• On May 23, 2012 at 1:59 pm,
        irishtony says:

Talking of bonds….some of the EURO muppets, want a Eurobond MERKEL says “NO”

• On May 23, 2012 at 2:22 pm,
      Marc says:

Yep, agreed……this “base” is becoming substantial…I think the biggest base formed in this entire market so far! The bigger the base; the bigger the launching pad; the bigger the launching pad – the bigger the rocket; the bigger the rocket – the farther it will goooooo…..you get the picture! :)
      All the best,
      Marc

2. On May 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm,
    Mark Alan says:

Howdy Mr. Irish!

You know, the longer these eurocrats drag this out, the harder it’s gonna hit. I hope you and your family are doing well over there. Drink me a guinness since I can’t make it over there ;)

3. On May 23, 2012 at 3:59 pm,
    Peter says:

Have a look at this. The commitment of traders continues unabated for gold, even with these low prices. Going back a number of years, it appears that whenever the black line rises above the price for any length of time there is a rally in gold.

Has anyone got any experience with this accumulation/distribution indicator? In any case this is another bullish nail in the bearish coffin.

• On May 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm,
      Peter says:

Sorry, the link above doesn’t work. If you want to see the chart I’m talking about, turn on the accumulation/distribution indicator and chose “Behind Price” in the position window.

Do this here: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24gold

4. On May 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm,
    irishtony says:

HI MARK ……..I will have a GUINNESS tomorrow night & toast you & the rest of the great people on this site….A HEALTHY & SAFE FUTURE.

5. On May 23, 2012 at 4:11 pm,
    Dai Uy says:

Al:
    It looks to me that we may be approaching a point whereby a strong dollar may not necessarily, adversely affect PM prices. I for one wouldn’t touch a long, low interest bond with a ten foot pole……………….