Al's Insights – Sat 18 Aug, 2012

Great comments deserve a stab at great responses!

Al Korelin

Comments:
  1. On August 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm,
    Proud Canuck says:

Anne, I think our numbers up north are more legit…but best to live in SK. AB. or BC if you want to do well, I say. That said, it gives support to trusting non-government statistical numbers more-so than government numbers.

2. On August 18, 2012 at 7:01 pm,
    Ann says:

Thanks,P.C. I researched John Williams website hoping he compiled info.regarding other countries true unemployment,but only U.S. Stats.Having read all your posts, i’m guessing you reside in the Vancouver area, and you dont have to divulge , LOL ..none of my business.Greg and I moved from Kerrisdale about a year ago. Moved about 40 miles to the east,basically just to get away from the crowds …anyways. Thanks again ..

• On August 18, 2012 at 9:42 pm,

Evening Ann,

We live most of the time in Semiahmoo, which is about 45 minutes form Vancouver. We also “share” an apartment downtown with our youngest daughter, Stephanie.

Best,

Big Al

3. On August 18, 2012 at 11:29 pm,
    Matt says:

Led Zeppelin,The Doors and Tina in one show?

Wow.Just wow.

4. On August 19, 2012 at 1:23 am,
    Dai Uy says:

Al:

Interesting week-end show covering pretty much the whole gammit….reminded me a bit of the 50′s comic, Shelley Berman, when he would suggest during his show to “Take 5 minutes and talk about the world”.

BTW: rumor has it that the Aztecs are really busy gearing up for their opener………..Notwithstanding, I think you should give Marc 22 point in light of your generous Bow down to Washington spirit…………………

5. On August 19, 2012 at 5:38 am,
    Bobby says:

Al,
    I thank you sincerely for everything you do here and your patience with me. So, if we are going to discuss politics, rather than focusing on obama’s birth cert. or Rohmneys tax returns, can we get to the real issues of economics? I would enjoy a discussion of “how the heck are we going to get out of this mess?”
    Bobby

• On August 19, 2012 at 6:02 am,
      Dennis M. O'Neil says:

Bobby…here is how we are gonna get out of this mess:
      “Send my credentials to the house of dention….”
      “Dragged her down
      I hear a very gentle sound
      with your ear down to the ground
      We want the world and we want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

6. On August 19, 2012 at 6:19 am,
    Dennis M. O'Neil says:

That was crauel a better link to
    “When Da Music’s Over”
    you have to hear “the end”:

Turn ou the light
    Turn out the light
    Turn out the light
    Yeahhh

7. On August 19, 2012 at 11:01 am,
    Bobby says:

And tomorrow and next year starts it all over again.

8. On August 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm,
    Tex says:

Beware of what you ask for when you say that the system must implode and be rebuilt….look what came about in 1917 Russia and what arose from the Weimar Republic in Germany….were the USSR and the Third Reich really improvements? If there is an implosion, we risk similar outcomes despite hopes for a return to liberty.

9. On August 19, 2012 at 1:45 pm,
    Dennis M. O'Neil says:

I hear you Tex.
    The ingenious thing about incrementalism is that the majority are oblivious.
    Through circus….through pharmaceuticals….through deviance…the import of the imperative of the hour has not arrived.
    It will take something to shake the delirium of passivity.
    By the he time a shot is fired across the bow the gun turret has been targeted to fire for effect. Apparently what the “greatest generation” failed to realize was a stealth gradual direct assault. All hands………

10. On August 19, 2012 at 7:40 pm,
    Tom says:

Al,

Thank you for acknowledging my question. I thought you might have missed it or have just glanced at it and brushed it off…you are doing a exceptional job…IMO you are very dedicated and your hard work shows.

Thank you again sir.