Gary Savage – Wed 11 Jun, 2014

Could this be a low for gold?

Al KorelinGary SavageCory Fleck

Comments:
  1. On June 11, 2014 at 8:44 am,
    ManAboutDallas says:

One last smash-job coming. There’s an a-b-c wave structure forming from the last top right before the “coil” broke down. Wave “a” bottomed at $1240.48 on the morning of 6-3. Wave “b” is extant now, and is a classic wave “b”, i.e. not genuine. Wave “c” will commence shortly when the realisation hits that wave “b” isn’t The Real Deal. Wave “c” will bottom at either $1227 ( .618 of wave “a” ) or $1204 ( 1.000 of wave “a” ) $1204 would be scary enough to finish The Final Flush of every last gold bull.

• On June 11, 2014 at 9:50 am,
      glenfidish says:

Dallas,
      How high do you have the b wave going? Do you have a time line? Example tomorrow? Next week before c wave takes it down?

• On June 11, 2014 at 10:04 am,
        ManAboutDallas says:

Imminent. May have already occurred. $1265 will tell the tale.

• On June 11, 2014 at 10:46 am,

Again I repeat, I wish that I understood technicals!

2. On June 11, 2014 at 8:44 am,
    Joseph says:

Thanks Gary…appreciate your view on volume ex. GDXJ

• On June 11, 2014 at 10:47 am,

Nice little “pop” so far in GDXJ today, Joseph.

3. On June 11, 2014 at 8:44 am,
    lars says:

Gold are Going under 1200 before hits rice over 1300

4. On June 11, 2014 at 8:47 am,
    ManAboutDallas says:

If you “like” GDXJ, you’ll “love” JNUG, the 3x leveraged ETF derived from GDXJ. Take a look at its last 30 minutes from yesterday. Dramamine Special !

5. On June 11, 2014 at 9:09 am,
    lars says:

Time to bye DUST. it will rice over 30 soon.

• On June 11, 2014 at 10:49 am,

lars,Stop standing on your head, it will hurt you.

• On June 11, 2014 at 12:48 pm,

Thanks Professor!

• On June 11, 2014 at 1:12 pm,
      ManAboutDallas says:

Just for a quick flip trade, lars, and don’t take your eye off the quote machine for even one second. If we get this “final smash job” it’ll come and be gone in the blink of an eye.

• On June 11, 2014 at 6:21 pm,
      Paul L says:

The best time for dust will be the end of September but it will likely bounce back again into the 30’s.

6. On June 11, 2014 at 9:32 am,
    ManAboutDallas says:

Equity markets have that “teetering-on-the-brink” feeling to them. Wouldn’t take a Black Swan to tip them, just a slightly Grey one.

• On June 11, 2014 at 9:50 am,

I agree, but I don’t think even a grey swan is necessary… just time.
      As conventional stocks continue to lose strength/momentum even as price continues higher, interest in GDXJ is skyrocketing. Its “scooter rank” (SCTR) was just 16 on Monday but went over 60 this morning (it’s 38.5 at the moment).
      Gold could take a quick dip below 1220, but I think the miners have bottomed.

• On June 11, 2014 at 10:50 am,

Now that I do agree with Matthew. Just time!

• On June 11, 2014 at 10:49 am,

Not so sure about that Dallas. I sense that more and more folks are getting a bit more optimistic. I do have to admit that I have certainly not been exactly screemingly correct on the “conventionals” in the past. I will add; however, that our diversification philosophy has kept us in pretty good stead!

7. On June 11, 2014 at 9:52 am,
    glenfidish says:

Gary,

Not sure if you follow gaps on miners very closely but are you seeing many gaps still left behind on many miners? And if yes does that not concern you?

Thanks

• On June 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm,
      Gary says:

If an intermediate & yearly cycle low has formed nothing else will matter. No gap can overcome the thrust out of an intermediate degree bottom.

The only question is whether the ICL is complete. I’m of the opinion it probably is and we will not see 1240 for the rest of the year.

8. On June 11, 2014 at 9:55 am,

Glenfish, GLDX just gapped up this morning

• On June 11, 2014 at 9:58 am,
      glenfidish says:

Cfs,

Its the reason I still have cash on the sidelines. Gaps always concern me.

9. On June 11, 2014 at 9:55 am,
    lars says:

DUST up fast now..over 30 this week!

10. On June 11, 2014 at 9:57 am,
    glenfidish says:

I mentioned last week in the arquives that we would move up and to give gary until tuesday the latest confirmation on that. My message was intended for jj.

Its to bad jj is not here because he did mention he would cover shorts at 212/215 hui.. And had wiggle room to cover final short around 220/222 if I’m not mistaken.

My views were based on many indicators that doc and gary use.. My long postion is pretty much set in place from the buys a week or so ago.. I will not touch them regarless if we move down. My trading postion is in a sweet spot as I have very nice gains and indicators continue to show higher. If indicators reverse I will sell them for profit. My longs are locked in. Still have cash on side if needed..

11. On June 11, 2014 at 10:51 am,

Sounds like you are doing pretty well here, glenfidish!

• On June 11, 2014 at 11:55 am,
      glenfidish says:

Al, thank you

This mov was very easy to predict one week ago. Most miners were at very extreme oversold conditions. The trend has been up for a week now. Not sure how long it will last. Gary predicts 18 to 26 days somewhere in that vicinity towards the upside if this indeed was a daily cycle low or intermediate/yearly cycle low. I’m firm believer the miners look to have bottom. I’m basing this sentiment on past experience, gut feeling, and indicators thus far. No one is perfect but how can you not at the very least nibble the past weeks on miners.

• On June 11, 2014 at 12:50 pm,

If you are a savvy investor, you have to at least nibble!

12. On June 11, 2014 at 11:34 am,
    Hal says:

JNUG options–not very liquid and usually have wide bid ask–

• On June 11, 2014 at 12:12 pm,

Just use GDXJ options. You can always get the risk/leverage that you want by choosing the right strike and expiration.

• On June 11, 2014 at 1:14 pm,
      ManAboutDallas says:

No need for the JNUG options; the ETF itself is all the “ride” you want, or need.

13. On June 11, 2014 at 3:34 pm,
    Bob UK says:

Miners have certainly done well. Last week Allied Nevada was down to about 2.70ish. Today it is 3.45 bucks.

GDX and GDXJ are doing good also.

Usually around now I kick myself for missing the bottom and then stand on the sidelines for the next 6 months watching a stock soar ๐Ÿ™‚

• On June 11, 2014 at 3:35 pm,
      Bob UK says:

๐Ÿ™

14. On June 11, 2014 at 5:27 pm,
    NotASubscriber says:

Always best to wait for the Gary subscribers to get shaken out before hopping on board. That’s probably what happened on the afternoon pullback….but, if not, then we’re going lower just to stop them all out, and then it’s off to the races. ๐Ÿ™‚