Bob Moriarty – Fri 11 Jul, 2014

As Bob Moriarty says, “Ding, ding, ding”!

Interesting article sent to me last evening by Bob. He feels this articles represents the alarm going off for the end of the conventional markets.

To read the article, click here.

Bob Moriarty

Comments:
  1. On July 11, 2014 at 8:54 am,
    Andrew de Berry (Rev) says:

No surprise there. You’ve got to think like a criminal to outwit the market!

• On July 11, 2014 at 9:44 am,
      Marc, San Diego says:

You know…think about what you just said…and then take a deep breath! YOU KNOW you are exactly right…but think of that – that is what this whole thing has degraded to manifest itself as swamp of thievery and immoral rampant behavior – unbelievable!…or very believable if you look at the course of human history…thank GOD that Jesus is GOD and perfectly just and wise…heaven help us.

• On July 11, 2014 at 11:27 am,
        Andrew de Berry (Rev) says:

Yes Marc – Saw a blog on Jim Grant recently who when asked the secret of his success replied in just three words: FEAR OF GOD! That’s the only way to outwit the criminal fraternity.

Our faith grows more precious by the day. Best, A

• On July 11, 2014 at 11:46 am,

Well of course it does!

• On July 11, 2014 at 11:29 am,

It certainly will Marc, it certainly will. I am counting on it!

2. On July 11, 2014 at 9:00 am,
    Joseph says:
    • On July 11, 2014 at 11:26 am,

Very possibly sooner rather than later, Joseph!

3. On July 11, 2014 at 9:06 am,
    Tom says:

No Bob…the end will come when the world rejects the USD or when the government does the right thing. I’m betting on the former.

4. On July 11, 2014 at 9:09 am,
    Dick Tracy says:

I get it, the rich guys chauffeur, the window cleaner at the broker’s office, the trained nurse and her patients, the Wyoming rancher buying several thousand shares a day, the New York actress, motorcycle riders, and now The Oracle Of San Quentin all playing the market on an increasing scale and with increasing abandon. We are sitting on the flag pole.

• On July 11, 2014 at 11:27 am,

And I believe, that is the exact point!

5. On July 11, 2014 at 9:11 am,
    Tom says:

I think this article was written to get more suckers into the market as well.

6. On July 11, 2014 at 9:45 am,

The left coast is famous for its flakes and nuts.

• On July 11, 2014 at 11:28 am,
      Andrew de Berry (Rev) says:

CFS – 105 now dead in Gaza….24 of whom are children. I’m sure both our hearts weep for Israel and Palestine. Best, A

• On July 11, 2014 at 11:46 am,

Count me in on that Reverend.

7. On July 11, 2014 at 11:33 am,
    cecilhenry says:

I saw the article yesterday. Thought it was insane.

This is a criminal—-but always time for financial advice…..

8. On July 11, 2014 at 3:39 pm,
    Eric says:

It sounds like he has been at it for a while — so I am not sure it is ‘ding, ding, ding’ moment.

The anecdotal stuff can be useful at times, though. For instance, during the internet bubble, I remember reading that Barbra Streisand was day trading and giving trading advice to other celebrities.

Here is a link to and old story regarding that:

In general, at the top of the bubble, I was getting approached by people who had never had an interest in the market, asking what they should buy. That was a good sign of the top.

Also, at the top of the gold market, there were numerous radio and television commercials in my local market, trying to convince people to buy (many of them promising consistent returns). In fact, one of our local sportscasters began doing these promotions during his broadcasts. It struck me, at the time, that it was a good sign of the top and that proved to be the case.

So in general, it is useful to try to identify extremes in market sentiment. Right now, my sense is that market participants are too complacent, but I don’t think it is like what we experienced at the top of the internet or housing bubble.

Still looking for a bear phase in the broad market.