Cory's Insights – Mon 8 Sep, 2014

Some Disturbing Labor Market Data Points

Our buddy Tim Iacono digs into the recent disappointing labor numbers and finds some disconcerting facts.

“From this IBD report on workweek hours separated by low-wage and non-low-wage workers comes more confirmation that it’s getting tougher and tougher for the former since, not only are their wages stagnant in real terms going back many years, but their hours worked have recently declined to a record low.”

Click here for Tim’s full post.

Tim Iacono

Comments:
  1. On September 8, 2014 at 1:51 pm,
    Joe says:

Anyone here want to speculate on the utterly dismal performance of Platinum and Silver over the past 2 months?
    Palladium has been doing great and Gold really has been holding up well, but Platinum and Silver have been getting creamed.
    Why?

• On September 9, 2014 at 1:02 pm,
      Silverbug Dave says:

Palladium is up because it’s mined in Russia. SIlver and platinum are not totally dominated by Russia.
      We have to wait for the post Mandela crisis inSouth Africa to take off before platinum moves up. Meanwhile, I would doubt the car demand will be much of a positive facot for Pt or Pd. I reckon high Pd price is just supply fears.

2. On September 8, 2014 at 2:41 pm,

It is a vitus related to the common cold. Has now been identified. Appears to have been brought in by illegal child immigrants.

• On September 8, 2014 at 5:08 pm,
      bob says:
      • On September 8, 2014 at 7:16 pm,
        bob says:
        • On September 8, 2014 at 7:18 pm,
          bob says:

Well, you have to copy and paste with the .jpg

Or mayby this will work Click here

• On September 8, 2014 at 7:21 pm,
            bob says:

One more try. (I guess the previous tries had Ebola…maybe this one, too…) If it doesn’t work copy and paste the whole url with .jpg

Click here

• On September 9, 2014 at 1:23 am,
            Birdman says:

Bob, how do you do that? I mean how do you get a link embedded with the words “click here”. I am a bit of a computer retard but I would like to know the trick.

• On September 9, 2014 at 1:03 pm,
            bob says:

You use an html href anchor tag.

Take out !– and — for it to work. (Had to make it a comment so the code would show up.)

• On September 9, 2014 at 1:05 pm,
            bob says:

Dang, it didn’t work.

Use **a href=”http://someWebsite/someWebPageOrImageFile”>Click Here</a**

Replace the first ** with (Had to use ** for it to show you the code.)

• On September 9, 2014 at 1:07 pm,
            bob says:

Dang. Replace the first ** with a < character (less than character) and the second ** with a > (greater than character)

• On September 9, 2014 at 7:06 pm,
            Birdman says:

Not sure if I quite got that. But here is what I think you said. If it does not work no matter, I think I know where to look for the details. Thanks, Bob!

Click Here

• On September 9, 2014 at 9:00 pm,
            bob says:

Yes, I think that worked but you might have had an extra ” on the end because the link looked like this:

3. On September 8, 2014 at 2:46 pm,
    Lawrence says:

Obama’s Former Chief Economist Calls For An End To US Dollar Reserve Status!!! Talking about cutting the hand which feeds you.

• On September 8, 2014 at 3:22 pm,

I have to believe that is a false flag.

4. On September 8, 2014 at 2:49 pm,

The US dollar has lost its reserve status…..it just is not yet realized by most folks.

Unbelievable.

• On September 8, 2014 at 3:25 pm,

Not so unbelievable Professor.

• On September 8, 2014 at 6:23 pm,

Unfortunately the MSA (Muslim Student Association) is a well organized group of believers that has infiltrated most University campuses in the western world and is systematically recruiting some of the supposedly more intelligent youth of western countries. I have watch this for several years now and have been increasingly alarmed.

• On September 8, 2014 at 6:48 pm,

I too am alarmed!

5. On September 8, 2014 at 2:54 pm,
  6. On September 8, 2014 at 3:38 pm,
    Dick Tracy says:

There is also September snow in the forecast for Montana, N & S Dakota, Minnesota and Michigan as well.

• On September 8, 2014 at 4:38 pm,
      bob says:

When I point this out to the global warming crowd they shriek, “It’s not global warming any more, it’s climate change!”

Then they go on to brand a “climate change denier.”

I tell’em I’m a denier and a birther and a truther and any other ‘er that goes against the sheeple thinking.

And I bet Bil Al Korelin does, too.

• On September 8, 2014 at 5:20 pm,

Depends on who I am talking to, but many time I bet you are absolutely correct!

• On September 8, 2014 at 6:32 pm,

Ha ha, thumbs up Bob!

7. On September 8, 2014 at 7:11 pm,

“We are aware of over 100 U.S. citizens who have U.S. passports who are fighting in the Middle East with ISIL forces,” Hagel told CNN, using the U.S. government’s preferred acronym for the Islamic State. “There may be more. We don’t know.”

Other U.S. intelligence officials have said that as many as 300 Americans may have joined forces with the Islamic State group. They are among thousands of Westerners believed to be fighting alongside the militants.

• On September 9, 2014 at 1:31 am,
      Birdman says:

You can’t keep track of who are the good guys and who are the bad guys anymore. We are all mixed up and border-less. By the way CFS, since you are quitting the US do you have a new nationality planned? What citizen from what country will you be? I am guessing you will be based in Europe. I will take a wild guess you are going to be Italian since you seem to be a pretty cultured guy.