Al's Insights – Fri 20 Nov, 2015

Obamacare could be in real trouble.

News from The Hill

New ObamaCare angst as top insurer threatens to bail

By Sarah Ferris

A threat by the nation’s largest health insurer to pull out of ObamaCare is a sign of the industry’s growing angst about the viability of the federal exchanges, sources close to the industry say.

UnitedHealthcare’s warning sent new shockwaves across the healthcare sector after weeks of mounting anxiety among private insurers whose participation in the exchanges is critical to the viability of the president’s signature law.

In the last month alone, insurers have learned that the Obama administration has significantly lowered its expectations for new customers and will have far fewer federal dollars to help cushion insurer losses.

Read the full story here.

Al Korelin

Comments:
  1. On November 20, 2015 at 12:42 pm,
    Frank from moscow CCF says:

YEP, …..read that yesterday…..

• On November 20, 2015 at 12:43 pm,
      Frank from moscow CCF says:

would have mentioned it, but, did not want to upset the goldbugs for posting something other than PM info……………………..lol

• On November 20, 2015 at 1:39 pm,
        Dai Uy says:

Rye Patch up 12.47% today.

• On November 20, 2015 at 1:48 pm,
          Frank from moscow CCF says:

Dai……….tell AL, THAT YOUR BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP…………DEC 1

• On November 20, 2015 at 3:04 pm,
            Dai Uy says:

Jerry (or what ever your moniker is this month).

I think Al’s is actually Dec. 6th or 7th; my B-Day isn’t until mid January. Try as he might, he’ll never catch up with me as he is younger, well at least until I go toes up and he survives or in the most charitable vernacular of my youngest, I pop off.

About the only thing that I have a even modest certainty in is that Al’s Dawgs and my Cougs should both be victorious tomorrow in football…………………………………..

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:36 pm,

Not sure but I am sure that the Cougars will knock us out of the bowl picture this year.

• On November 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm,
            Frank from moscow CCF says:

Thanks Dai………..I thought you said , last year your birthday was on DEC.1, ….as for the OWL, he must have more than one birthday……, because I know for sure, he said his birthday was DEC 1, …BUT, THEN AGAIN he might be losing his mind………..lol

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:33 pm,

Happened last week and now I am looking for it.

• On November 20, 2015 at 3:10 pm,
            Frank from moscow CCF says:

Dai,….I am keeping this moniker till the market changes………..THE CLAW………lol
            BEAR CLAW………

• On November 20, 2015 at 3:12 pm,
            Frank from moscow CCF says:

I BET OWL, doesn’t really know his American birthday, … could be off a couple of days, due to Chinese new year…………………

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:32 pm,

Indy, I am not Chinese. My partners were White Russians who fled to China from Russia. I do have some cherished Chinese friends and I like the food.

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm,

Thank Dai!

2. On November 20, 2015 at 1:53 pm,
    GH says:

Obamacare is an abomination.

It amounts to forcing us all to participate in a hugely corrupt price-gouging system. What we needed is reform, and what we got was shafted. Again.

I study natural approaches to health quite a lot. As disgusting as Americas wars and abandonment of our constitutional principles are, I have never seen anything worse than the crimes of the medical-agro-industrial complex that determines the health of the American people.

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:00 pm,
      irishtony says:

GH..I agree..The agro. industrial complex, makes us ill by selling us food that is laced with harmful chemicals . Then their friends in The medical industrial complex charge us a fortune to make us well again..(SOMETIMES ).

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:08 pm,
        GH says:

More like keep us alive but ill, and dependent on them.

Sure there are exceptions, like treatment for physical traumas, but their main business model is to have a sickly population on lifelong treatment plans. Even if many normal people in those industries are skilled, good-hearted, and don’t understand the big picture.

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:12 pm,
          GH says:

I spose to bring it back around to investing, Americans are unlikely to get a better system soon. With baby boomers aging, and the horrible general state of health, I would think that anything relating to treating and caring for invalids should be moving into a secular bull.

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:16 pm,

Pretty good point GH

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:16 pm,

Interesting GH

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:22 pm,

You think, Mr. Irish?

3. On November 20, 2015 at 2:03 pm,
    Andrew de Berry (Rev) says:

Obama’s NON affordable care act. See Greg Hunter’s weekly wrap-up.

• On November 20, 2015 at 2:22 pm,

Saw it

4. On November 20, 2015 at 2:30 pm,
    Jason says:

I work in security for Uncle Sam in a bunker near the White House. I worked for Commie Clinton, Bimbo Bush, and now for Odumbo. We have no leadership in the White House and have not had any since 1987.

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:43 pm,

Thank you, Jason!

Now I realize that you are not crazy. A bunker? Truthfully?

5. On November 20, 2015 at 2:39 pm,
    Bob UK says:

So, in a country where 80% of people say that they are Christian… and 90% say that they believe in angels… a cornerstone of American society is the belief that you only get medical care if you can afford it?

How fecked up is that mentality? How un-Christian is it?

If there is a Heaven I suspect an awful lot of Americans who consider themselves ‘good’ Christians might discover that the Son of Man is a tad annoyed with them to say the least.

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:41 pm,

Bob, I COMPLETELY AGREE!

6. On November 20, 2015 at 2:45 pm,

OBAMACARE was NEVER intended to work.
    The sooner you realize that there is an ISLAMIC MARXIST in charge of the Excutive branch, the better you will understand his intent in his actions!

7. On November 20, 2015 at 2:51 pm,

OBAMACARE was NEVER intended to work.

8. On November 20, 2015 at 3:22 pm,

Off topic……just call me CashForSilver:

9. On November 20, 2015 at 3:56 pm,
  10. On November 20, 2015 at 5:20 pm,

While his amnesty policy for illegal immigrants has been appealed to the Supreme Court,
    at Obama’s direct orders changes that would let most rank-and-file illegal immigrants off the hook and instead focus deportation efforts on serious criminals, gang members and other security threats, and only the most recent of illegal border crossers.

“Immigration and Customs Enforcement is doing what I told them to do — to reprioritize and focus on convicted criminals,” Mr. Johnson said this month as he took stock of the changes. “This is the general direction that the president and I want to go when it comes to how we enforce immigration law — focusing on threats to public safety and border security for the American public.”

The changes are already having a major effect. Deportations, which peaked at nearly 410,000 in fiscal year 2012, dropped to about 230,000 in fiscal year 2015, which ended Sept. 30. But Mr. Johnson said more of those being deported are the serious criminals and safety threats he wants his agents to worry about.

Indeed, if agents adhere strictly to his priorities, some 9.6 million of the estimated 11.5 million illegal immigrants in the country have no real danger of being deported, according to an estimate this year by the Migration Policy Institute.

“The enforcement priorities announced last year, if strictly enforced, do protect the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants from being deported, because most immigrants have been here a long time and haven’t committed a serious crime,” said Marc Rosenblum, deputy director of the institute’s U.S. immigration policy program.

• On November 20, 2015 at 5:28 pm,

If you are wondering where your tax dollars have gone…….these illegals are given benefits that neither you or I are eligible for.
      E.g. Despite a major brain surgery and loss of half my sight, I am not able to drive, but not eligible for social security disability. (I am now old enough for regular social security.)
      Illegals, however, are coached in how to obtain all kinds of benefits, Medicaid, free phones, disability social security at a level of 10% disability, not 90% for vision loss.

• On November 20, 2015 at 6:02 pm,

I did not know that, Professor.

• On November 20, 2015 at 6:08 pm,

Illegal immigration will never stop. You should know that, cfs. Only honest people like our youngest daughter do it the right way anymore.

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm,

Obama has effectively killed the visa program.
        Lots of people used to come on a student or work visa and leave when the visa expired.
        (E.g. As did Obama’s father.)
        Now, why should they bother to leave? They will not be kicked out.

11. On November 20, 2015 at 7:26 pm,
    Chartster says:

Obama care is just another Ponzi scheme to milk the people. Only four companies are in the contract as I understand. They have monopolized the system. They gave us crappy healthcare and higher prices. The real rub is that congress voted it in without the consent of the people. So, they must have gotten stock options in the monopoly…!

So now we have crap healthcare, and GMO foods which makes us more unhealthy. Which makes me question ” what if “, what if they have grabbed the social security numbers from everyone and opened life policy’s for trade..? It’s not tinfoil hat stuff! I don’t put anything past these thieves!
    With the likes of insurance companies and Monsanto running our congress, the people need to snap out of the dumb trance they are in, before it’s too late!

The people of this country ( and world ) have been enslaved under the illusion of freedom and democracy. It’s just sad to see such stupidity..

• On November 20, 2015 at 7:51 pm,
      Chartster says:

Unfortunately, most don’t understand that this country was founded by our forefathers as a REPUBLIC, and now it’s an OLIGARCHY!

Which means you are in a communist county and don’t have a clue that you are! The reason why and how communist countries become communist, is because the people are too damn stupid to think for them selves. And the government does the thinking for them because the people are clueless!
      Russia and China are good examples in history. America is the current example.

12. On November 21, 2015 at 12:11 am,
    Chris in Thailand says:

If Jesus Christ turned up today and started walking around the USA healing people for free – I don’t recall any mention in the Bible of him asking for people’s credit cards first before he performed a miracle – he probably would be labelled a communist and shot.””

Jesus is for Obama care? The long hair and the Hippy look scream to me that Jesus is all about Medical Marijuana!

Smoke um if ya got um!