Weekend Show Preview – Tue 23 Aug, 2016

Now is the time to consolidate your resource portfolio

This is a preview to segment 5 for this week’s weekend show. We are joined by Jayant Bhandari, consultant to many of the big name resource investors, shares what he is doing with his portfolio. We also talk about a couple companies that are going through a merger or acquisition where Jayant feels there is and investment opportunity.

Al KorelinCory FleckJayant Bhandari

Comments:
  1. On August 23, 2016 at 1:19 pm,
    irishtony says:

Whats going on ?..What do the German Govt. know, or fear ?..A few days ago we got the story about stockpiling food….Now we have this.
    Could Douche bank be going under ? Are the powers that be preparing for war.
    So many questions.

2. On August 23, 2016 at 1:26 pm,
    Chartster says:
  3. On August 23, 2016 at 1:55 pm,
    irishtony says:

What was that meeting about, with Germany/France/Italy ?
    So many questions.

4. On August 23, 2016 at 2:23 pm,
    irishtony says:
    • On August 23, 2016 at 2:50 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

IT, Are you Winston Churchill resurrected, get out the bulldogs, the cigars, and the top hat, let’s get going! DT

• On August 23, 2016 at 3:17 pm,
        irishtony says:

DT…My gut tells me war…My logic tells me “THEY” could not be so stupid.

• On August 23, 2016 at 3:46 pm,
          Dick Tracy says:

IT, if Germany starts another major war and loses, there will be no Marshall plan, they will make sure Germany can’t come back to start trouble anymore. DT

• On August 23, 2016 at 5:50 pm,
            GH says:

It’s not Germany making problems these days–I wouldn’t look to them to be instigators of the next war.

• On August 23, 2016 at 4:28 pm,
      Excelsior says:

IrishTony – In all seriousness, don’t you think the worry in Germany could be that they are concerned about the panic that will ensue if Deutsche bank fails?

Corruption Currents: Deutsche Bank’s $10 Billion Scandal
      By SAMUEL RUBENFELD – Aug 22, 2016

• On August 23, 2016 at 6:17 pm,
        Excelsior says:

If they believe civil unrest may be triggered in the fallout from a Euroland banking implosion, maybe that is why they are advising having food, supplies, and soldiers on the ready.

• On August 24, 2016 at 5:17 am,
        irishtony says:

EX…I did mention Deutsche bank, could that have anything to do with the Fed coming out & saying about 40 billion, or was it 4 billion, I will have to look it up .

• On August 23, 2016 at 7:38 pm,
      Excelsior says:

Germans told to ‘stockpile food and water’ in civil defense plan

5. On August 23, 2016 at 2:44 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Big Al & Cory – Great interview with Jayant Bhandari:

I really agreed with his point about the frothy nature of certain newsletter writers pumping exploration stocks to frothy levels, and the better approach of looking for undervalued and unappreciated stocks that have inherently good value.

• On August 23, 2016 at 2:54 pm,
      Excelsior says:

In addition, the last time Jayant was on we discussed these arbitrage trades during mergers and acquisitions. At the time I was thanking Jayant for the slam dunk double on the Calico Resoures takeover by Parmount Gold.

I mentioned then, and I’ll mention it again, on many days there has been a nice arbitrage on Gryphon Minerals (GPHYF), who is being taken over by Teranga Gold (TGCDF) where Gryphon holders get (.169) exchange into Teranga Gold shares. Keep an eye on it. The combined company is going to be solid post merger, and Teranga is already one of the better small gold producers out there that is very undervalued relative to their peers.

6. On August 23, 2016 at 9:35 pm,
    Fabi says:

I mentioned Gold Mountain on my video, wonder if Jayant is following my Youtube channel 😛

• On August 24, 2016 at 8:53 am,
      Excelsior says:

Nice. I’ve watched some of your Gold and Uranium videos before, and enjoyed the one with MiningBookGuy over at Ceo.ca Keep up the great research!

7. On August 24, 2016 at 9:39 am,
    Excelsior says:

Update: Ten Gold Mining Takeover Targets
    by Ceo Technician