Richard Postma - The Doctor Is In – Mon 28 Nov, 2016

A technical outlook for the S&P and USD

Today we use our technical insights to determine the future moves in the US markets as well as USD. Doc outlines a scenario where we could see the USD and US stocks move in unison to the downside for the next couple weeks. The last point that we ended on is key… Is inflation going to take hold?

Al KorelinCory FleckRichard Postma

Comments:
  1. On November 28, 2016 at 11:34 am,
    • On November 28, 2016 at 1:12 pm,
      spanly says:

I have held through this nightmarish correction in the miners. Really hope it is over with and this is not a resumption of the bear market.

Notice how I start to post more and more bearishly at or near bottoms (did the same last January). I almost know that I doing so is a contrarian indicator, but I like hearing bulls like yourself defend the bull story. :]

• On November 28, 2016 at 4:17 pm,

I am convinced that this new bull will not get derailed but I think we’re still going to have a choppy ride for quite awhile. It’s no fun waiting for the next big move to begin but our patience will be rewarded.

2. On November 28, 2016 at 11:35 am,

It looks like the following modified Schiff fork is working perfectly:

3. On November 28, 2016 at 11:38 am,

GDXJ is up 3.6% versus GLD right now (which means it is up about 4.5 times as much versus the dollar). Very good action:

4. On November 28, 2016 at 11:41 am,

If stocks get one more push higher from right here, it won’t be much and it won’t last long:

5. On November 28, 2016 at 11:46 am,
    confused says:

Crap of this phony Wall Street/Trump turd-bump is going to hit the fan hard and soon.
    Unbelievable how insane the markets are right now.

6. On November 28, 2016 at 11:46 am,
    confused says:

Matt,
    can you cook me up a chart for that;)

7. On November 28, 2016 at 11:51 am,
    confused says:

Doc,

how about that Great Panther now? It has really turned a corner recently. Why is that?

• On November 28, 2016 at 1:54 pm,
      RICHARD/DOC says:

Confused, the fundamentals as I can see aren’t that great for GPL but it’s hanging int there. It looks like it wants to break out on the daily chart but be careful since it may be a fake out. The reason I say this is that the weekly doesn’t look as convincing. This thing should pull back and then I might purchase some just on a technical basis if it challenges the 200 day SMA

• On November 28, 2016 at 6:20 pm,
        confused says:

Thanks Doc! I knew you’ve owned this in the past and am looking to unload some for now.

8. On November 28, 2016 at 12:20 pm,

Here are some of the shipping stocks I’m watching:

Doc has mentioned NAT in the past. I have mentioned GMLP.
    I own several of these stocks; some for income, some for potential capital gain.
    (Because they are depressed in price)

GLBS Globus Maritime LP
    SFL Ship Finance International
    SSW Seaspan Corp
    STNG Scorpio Tankers Inc
    EGLE Eagle Bulk Ship New
    FRO Frontline Ltd
    HMLP Hoegh Lng Partners LP

Due diligence is required; especially for LP stocks.

• On November 28, 2016 at 1:56 pm,
      RICHARD/DOC says:

CFS, NAT may be a good buy at 8—it’ll come back to it again. I like NMM for fundamental and technical reasons—–not investment advice.

• On November 28, 2016 at 3:03 pm,

Doc, I like NAO.

9. On November 28, 2016 at 1:28 pm,
    james says:
    • On November 28, 2016 at 1:43 pm,
      james says:

Doc ? You have same top picks DOC’s Picks ?

• On November 28, 2016 at 1:58 pm,
        RICHARD/DOC says:

James, note my response to CFS—not investment advice.

10. On November 28, 2016 at 1:59 pm,
    RICHARD/DOC says:

NMM is a long term hold for me.

11. On November 28, 2016 at 6:40 pm,
    wolfster says:

Nice write up on excelsior
    Ex,the zinc play Pasinex sounds really interesting except for the exchange it trades on.Have you traded on this exchange and if so how is it???

• On November 29, 2016 at 11:57 am,
      Excelsior says:

Only traded OTC. The main two tickers are PSE.CN and PNX.F There is also PNX.SG and PNX.DE.

Thanks for the update on excelsior. Copper has been rockin’

12. On November 28, 2016 at 8:46 pm,
    wolfster says:
    • On November 29, 2016 at 11:59 am,
      Excelsior says:

Nice. I’ve really been liking the direction of Callinex and just went back and watched their MIF video a second time. Good stuff.