Richard Postma - The Doctor Is In – Tue 10 Jan, 2017

Uranium and the S&P

Doc is with us to discuss some his overall outlook for Uranium and the US markets, more specifically the S&P. We also share some of the Uranium stocks that we like in the sector and how to play the move up.

Richard PostmaCory Fleck
View related posts on: ,

Comments:
  1. On January 10, 2017 at 12:04 pm,
    Bonzo Barzini says:

Doc and Matthew, what is going on at TAHO? Looks like a bargain now, but Chuck Jeannes just joined their board. Is he THAT toxic? Is something going on with the government in Guatemala? What do your charts say?

• On January 10, 2017 at 1:17 pm,
      RICHARD/DOC says:

BB; I’ll say one thing: TAHO doesn’t look like it’ll take a good bid any time soon. This thing looks like it wants to challenge its’ lows in the low sixes.

• On January 10, 2017 at 3:41 pm,
        Bonzo Barzini says:

Thanks, Doc.

• On January 10, 2017 at 1:17 pm,
      LPG says:

Hello Bonzo,

Hope all’s well and happy new year to you.

I just saw this recently re: TAHO, so thought it might give you food for thought:
      I don’t own TAHO, never did, and don’t follow the name btw. So this is just “FYI”.

Best as always,

LPG

• On January 10, 2017 at 3:40 pm,
        Bonzo Barzini says:

Thanks, LPG.

2. On January 10, 2017 at 12:40 pm,
    Silverdollar says:

Interesting discussion as always Cory. Your readers can get the same feeling from reading this Hussman article. He sees a 50-60% correction although likely over many months. here’s some good thoughts here if you have the time: http://hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc170109.htm

• On January 10, 2017 at 1:25 pm,
      Silverdollar says:

DJIA closed below the 20 sma. Could be telling. I have no investments in the conventionals. The potential for gains IMO are too small to warrant buying in. If I had any monies involved, I’d be exiting! JMO

• On January 10, 2017 at 1:50 pm,
      Bob UK says:

Thanks Silverdollar, but I can’t remember anything but negative articles from Hussman over several years of reading his reports.

In the end I had to stop reading his stuff as it was making me depressed and helped stopped me investing as the markets just continued up.

• On January 10, 2017 at 1:54 pm,
        Silverdollar says:

I understand you feelings. Personally, I read him to balance out the high pressure sales tactics that the majority typically use at a top. Thanks for your comment.

3. On January 10, 2017 at 3:34 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Uranium Stocks Multiple Candle Glance Charts:

(Does anybody else notice a trend?)

4. On January 10, 2017 at 3:53 pm,
    Dan, calgary says:

All have volume spikes and Cameco is the only one without a cross on the MACD. I own UWE and see that it is heading for a MACD cross too. Very speculative.

• On January 10, 2017 at 4:34 pm,
      Excelsior says:

Nice Dan, calgary. Yep, money has poured into the Uranium space over the last few weeks, and yes most had MA crosses recently. It’s been fun to see so much green on the screen.

• On January 11, 2017 at 8:19 am,
        Dan, calgary says:

UWE up 42% on the day at the moment. I have hung on to this stock for well over a frustrating year or so but have been rewarded lately. (;-D

5. On January 10, 2017 at 4:45 pm,
    Bob UK says:

What happens to the uranium stocks if / when the DOW has a turn down – do uranium stocks go down as well?

I know that is an impossible question to answer but everyone seems so bullish on copper, gold, silver and now uranium also… one has to wonder how these will do if the conventional stocks eventually correct.

• On January 10, 2017 at 9:52 pm,
      Stephan B. Feibish says:

If you believe in the business cycle, in say the third out of four phases of the cycle, commodities and energy rise. Maybe that’s the phase of the cycle we are in. And then in the last phase of the business cycle, commodities and energy fall. So you are right to be wary. I’m not an economist and if I got it wrong, please someone correct me.

• On January 11, 2017 at 12:25 pm,