Craig Hemke from TF Metals Report – Wed 1 Mar, 2017

Maybe gold investors should be hoping for rate hike in March

Craig Hemke joins me today to discuss the major jump in rate hike expectations for the FOMC March meeting. At the start of the week odds of a March hike were under 50%. Now they are at 82%. It is understandable to be skeptical of a rate hike since all we have gotten is 2 in the last 2 years but it’s hard to ignore what the market is signaling. That being said gold investors might actually want a rate hike to occur since the last 2 signaled bottoms in the gold price.

Craig HemkeCory Fleck
View related posts on: ,

Comments:
  1. On March 1, 2017 at 9:09 am,

Liars………..who can believe a liar……..FMOC…from mouth of cons……….

• On March 1, 2017 at 9:55 am,

Trump may be causing the market to run higher, but what a turnaround for his positions!

Why is he already giving in for amnesty for “dreamers” without the wall or border being enforced? Is that not begging for a greater influx of illegals?
      Is that not giving away a major bargaining chip that could have been used for leverage to get funding?
      \He has three times offered attempts to unifify the political divisions: At his Inaugural speech; at his first press conference and now repeatedly in his speech last night. And what is the Democrat response? Nothing but criticism.
      He is going to have nothing but problems getting anything through Congress, and yet he is already showing his liberal democratic stripes!
      Did we hear anything about balancing the budget or more individual freedom?

• On March 1, 2017 at 9:57 am,

dreamer that are already here………the wall goes up, and the round up continues, and the next dreamers are turned away at the boarder…..

• On March 1, 2017 at 9:59 am,

border….not boarder…..

• On March 2, 2017 at 9:47 am,
      DarkPurpleHaze says:

Turd’s been denying and possibility of a rate hike for years and him talking about a rate hike at all is about as absurd as his continued belief/affiliation with a known shill, Andrew Maguire. No one takes him seriously.
      At this point most folks have figured out Craig will say ANYTHING to cling to the appearance he’s been front-running events instead of reacting to them and then somehow attempt to spin or twist a story line into something (ir)relevant like an artform.

It’s been nothing but B.S. for years and with a churlish, opetulant attitude to boot.

How’d this analysis turn out? And did the gold market crash in 2016 as predicted by Andrew Maguire and yourself??? Lol!

“Yes, I expected some historic, explosive price action this summer. Not knowing the true timeframe, I asked for the period 6/21 – 9/21. Nuts. Didn’t Hasn’t happen(ed). All we can do now is continue to wait. In the meantime, I’m at least gratified by the fact that I pleaded with you all summer to buy and add to your stack while silver was bouncing between $26 and $28. Since there are still folks out there who criticize me for suggesting you buy at $47, I can now rightly claim that anyone who followed me at $27 is just $2 away from being even. (For the mathematically challenged, 47+27 / 2 = 37.) And, rest assured, $37 is right around the corner as is a return to $47 and beyond.
      “Very soon, ACQUITTAL will be at hand and VINDICATION will be ours. In the meantime, we’ll just watch the metals grind forward in their Cartel-enforced pattern of “managed ascent”… ”

• On March 2, 2017 at 9:57 am,
        DarkPurpleHaze says:

Another 2016 prediction from Turd and Maguire.
        Why do certain people believe they can talk total B.S. nonsense and that others will readily accept or BUY INTO IT?
        Do they take people for fools or just hope that some fools won’t question their entirely contrived faux “expertise”?

“Gold Market Will Break This Year!”

2. On March 1, 2017 at 9:23 am,
    Silverdollar says:

After listening to trump’s speech and his spending/tax plans and watching this run away market this morning, I’m convinced that some of the Fed governors may think they have actually lost control and WILL raise. JMO

• On March 1, 2017 at 9:57 am,

Yellen is a Californian Democrat. Why would you expect her do to anything, but crash a Republican economy?

3. On March 1, 2017 at 9:29 am,
    BDC says:

Gold and Dollar rising together, in stagger step.
    Gold backed Dollar coming?

4. On March 1, 2017 at 10:05 am,
    russell s hamilton says:

D Trump does not say how this imaginary private bond investors will be payed back to invest in infrastruture along with USA money ?? The devil is in the details Donald. REPUBS dont seem eagar to fund his snfrastructure plans . As usual there in no there there . love ot you all S

5. On March 1, 2017 at 10:05 am,

Isee Obama learned well from Hillary. He has already created a tax exempt foundation and will be funneling the millions gotten from his and Michelle’s books through his foundation!

• On March 1, 2017 at 10:37 am,

he has already started funneling arms to Kenya……….

6. On March 1, 2017 at 11:19 am,
    Joel Rudenstein says:

Corey/Al…did you see the Ivanhoe (“IVPAF”) Chart today (3/1/2017)?
    It crashed to zero and then totally recovered???

• On March 1, 2017 at 12:10 pm,
      Cory says:

Hey Joel, the chart I am looking at is not showing this fall down to 0… Might just be a glitch in the system. One think is for sure and that is the pop in the stock. I can not find any news on why it is move 13%+… Please share if you find out anything.

7. On March 1, 2017 at 1:56 pm,
    Joel Rudenstein says:

thx for the quick response….my account is at Merrill Edge and I had problems logging into my account this am for at least 1/2 hour…prolly system gliches on their end

• On March 1, 2017 at 2:40 pm,
      Excelsior says:

Joel, I saw the exact same thing on 2 other platforms. There was a some weird spike down move in IVPAF today. Really weird.

• On March 1, 2017 at 2:41 pm,
        Excelsior says:

52 Week High 2/21/2017 | 3.89
        52 Week Low Today | 0.0001

8. On March 2, 2017 at 8:44 am,
    SilverbugDave says:

A key determinant is going to be the February 2017 CPI headline inflation number to be announced on 14 March. I have been developing an inflation forecast model that is indicating a high chance of 3+% CPI for the next two months. It is described here:
    I will be following this up after the 15 March CPI announcement by using scenarios to model the possible path of inflation to the end of 2017 since this CPI figure will provide another data point and help me to refine my model.

• On March 2, 2017 at 8:46 am,
      SilverbugDave says:

To confirm: Feb 2017 CPI is due to be announced 15 March (and Mar 2017 CPI will be due on 14 April).

9. On March 2, 2017 at 8:52 am,
    Ivory says:

Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time deciding to go with BlogEngine.

10. On March 6, 2017 at 3:18 pm,
    DarkPurpleHaze says:

He’ll say almost anything and everything hoping no one remembers and then he’ll cherry pick bits and pieces into a contrived narrative spun as analysis.

Besides all of that, according to this interview last year, the gold market we still have was predicted to not even exist in 2017 or that price was supposed to break to the upside noticeably.

What I’ve learned over time is that some people have a need to insist upon themselves and their belief system despite the red flags almost everyone see’s at some point.

H.E.H. was the first red flag I saw tears ago. Nothings changed, except price trend of course. But in some people’s minds none of that should matter despite all the reasons or alleged insider B.S. they cited long ago in making these Forrest Gump-like predictions.

“Gold Market Will Break This Year!”

11. On March 6, 2017 at 3:19 pm,
    DarkPurpleHaze says:

For example….(“…I was deliberately opaque…”)

Why? Because you knew it was B.S. and had nada, zilch, nothing substansive to base anything on at all?

Red flag #3 during the hot, explosive historic summer that only existed in Turd’s imagination.

But if you read this you’ll soon realize how foolish anyone would’ve been in Turd’s mind to doubt him…

“…I’m at least gratified by the fact that I pleaded with you all summer to buy and add to your stack while silver was bouncing between $26 and $28.”

“Since there are still folks out there who criticize me for suggesting you buy at $47, I can now rightly claim that anyone who followed me at $27 is just $2 away from being even.

“(For the mathematically challenged, 47+27 / 2 = 37.) And, rest assured, $37 is right around the corner as is a return to $47 and beyond.”