KER Politics – Mon 20 Mar, 2017

The Gorsuch Confirmation Hearing Circus started this morning and it will be a Circus!

On Monday morning, the Senate Judiciary Committee began four days of hearings on Judge Neil Gorsuch, nominated by President Trump to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat. In his first comments on Monday afternoon after opening statements from members of the Judiciary Committee, Gorsuch vowed to be a “faithful servant of the Constitution” if confirmed. “My decisions have never reflected a judgment about the people before me — only my best judgment,” Gorsuch said, in an assurance to critics. On Tuesday and Wednesday, each senator gets at least 50 minutes to question the conservative federal appellate judge from Colorado, and witnesses will speak for or against Gorsuch on Wednesday and Thursday. Republicans are united in their support for Gorsuch, while no Democrats have said they will vote for him. Many Democrats remain angry that Republicans blocked any consideration of Judge Merrick Garland, former President Barack Obama ‘s nominee.

Al Korelin

Comments:
  1. On March 20, 2017 at 12:57 pm,
    Silverdollar says:

Don’t the Democrats have a right to be angry about the way Judge Garland was treated? There certainly wasn’t anything constitutional about arbitrarily deciding to wait more than a year for an election. With that said, Gorsuch will be confirmed and there are probably 5-6 Democrat votes who will assist. Gorsuch won’t be the worst justice in his tenure. Thomas has that position locked up. JMO

• On March 20, 2017 at 2:26 pm,
      al korelinWhat I says:

Never said that they didn’t have the right to be angry.

What I wanted to stress is the complete waste of time and money on both parties.

• On March 20, 2017 at 2:44 pm,
      GH says:

Normally I would say they do, Silverdollar. But it seems like a real possibility Scalia was murdered. There should have been an autopsy.

In any case, denying Garland wasn’t Trump’s doing, nor Gorsuch’s.

• On March 20, 2017 at 6:06 pm,
        al korelin says:

Your last sentence, GH, puts some sanity in this issue and I certainly appeciate that!

2. On March 20, 2017 at 3:28 pm,
    Jason says:

News keeps getting wackier. Tinfoil hat Art Bell is suing wing nut Mike Savage for calling his wife a 10 year old hooker. And while we are on the tinfoil subject Big Al and all the other DJs owe Alex Jones an apology since he has been proven right again this time on your phone and TV spying on you.

3. On March 20, 2017 at 6:08 pm,
    al korelin says:

I have never said anything about Mr. Jones that I need to appologize for. And, I would never do that.

I simply do not have the time to listen to his Show which, incidently, is carried on the same network as ours.

Our drawback is that we do not have the call-in capability that Mr. Jones does.

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.