Chris Temple from The National Investor – Fri 24 Mar, 2017

The Trumpcare fiasco is presenting some great investment opportunities

Chris Temple and I look into the Trumpcare fiasco and how this is presenting some opportunities in a sector that was sold on the rumor of seriously changing Obamacare. Even if the AHCA passes it has become so watered down that the stocks that were impacted have a great chance to rally. We also discuss why there has not been a significant draw down on bullishness from the overall investment community.

Chris TempleCory Fleck
View related posts on:

Comments:
  1. On March 24, 2017 at 9:10 am,

MAJOR Operation Needed to Stop the Next Bank Run on Gold – London Analyst

CFS Comment:
    I don’t understand why people fail to understand that the EU was a way for Germany to enjoy a weaker currency as part of a Union than they would have had without a union.

The consequence of this has been to force Southern Europe to use a more expensive currency than they should have had……killing their economies.
    Germany enjoys a cheaper currency……boosting its economy.

Are Southern Europeans that stupid?
    Is the rest of the world that stupid?

• On March 24, 2017 at 9:22 am,
      Chris says:

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:28 am,
        b says:

lol chris, yup ur right.

2. On March 24, 2017 at 9:28 am,

The US has the best and most expensive healthcare system in the world.

I don’t understand why there never has been a discussion as to whether the country can afford to standardize healthcare for everyone.
    (Regardless of whether payment is by Government out of taxation, or by the public via direct payment for healthcare, or via insurance.

Perhaps, I am too stupid to understand this fundamental analysis requirement, but as someone who has lived in countries with universal healthcare and who has lived in the US and traveled extensively, I can make two basic tenets or assumptions:
    1. I have never seen any country able to afford the best healthcare for everybody.
    2. Going to universal healthcare has always reduced the quality of healthcare.
    (Regardless of how it is paid for.)

3. On March 24, 2017 at 9:35 am,
    Robert Moriarty says:

CFS:

Where on earth did you come up with the idea the US has the best healthcare? That’s not even close to reality.

Most expensive? Yes, by far. But hardly the best.

• On March 24, 2017 at 9:54 am,

Mr. Moriarty, I am not talking about the average quality of healthcare, in general, or for the masses…..which may be measured by statistics.
      I was talking about the quality of healthcare obtainable, if money is no object.
      While private healthcare in Switzerland, Germany and even the UK may be comparable to the US, I believe the US has the best available medicines and surgery available.

• On March 24, 2017 at 9:59 am,
        PF says:

The U.S. is at or near the top. No doubt about it.

• On March 24, 2017 at 11:11 am,
          Paul L says:

WHO ranks US as 37th.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:01 am,
        Robert Moriarty says:

CFS;

You are talking most expensive. Best is average quality of healthcare for everyone. The US medical care system is absurdly overpriced and results in the US not even being in the top 50 healthcare systems in the world.

To say ignore cost and the US is the very best is a subjective opinion not supported by any data.

I’ve had healthcare provided to me in the US where cost was not a factor and the doctors almost killed me. I’ve had care in France for a similar condition, again cost no issue and the quality of care was incredible and they got around to sending me a bill months later.

The US healthcare system needs to be burned down and rebuilt. It’s a dysfunctional cesspool of near fraud.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:05 am,
          Robert Moriarty says:

I take two minor pills for high blood pressure. I was in Miami a few days ago and went to get a refill. Mine had run out for one of the medicines and my doctor moved to California. By the time he faxed a new prescription I was on a plane to Grand Cayman. I walked into my doctor’s office there and had a 15 minute check and he gave me a prescription for the same drug. The cost was 1/10th of what it cost in Miami.

The US medical system is an utter disaster and while I am categorically against socialism in all forms, for medical care, a single payer system is clearly superior and called for.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:11 am,

Be grateful you have had no really serious illness.

• On March 24, 2017 at 11:40 am,
            GH says:

Do you think single payer is the best solution? I ask because I really don’t know.

I’d like to see monopoly/oligopoly pricing power smashed, exemption from liability for vaccine damage removed, honesty about the health effects of glyphosate, etc. Seems to me that in many cases it is more than ‘near’ fraud. If all the special interests could be cleaned out, I would think a simple free market approach could work better than single payer.

• On March 24, 2017 at 12:35 pm,

GH, the free market approach is the moral approach whether it works better or not (and it does work better).

The masses don’t operate on principle, they base their decisions on how much they, individually, will benefit — sound principles be damned.

• On March 24, 2017 at 5:02 pm,
            Robert Moriarty says:

GH:

Single payer is a different issue than the monopoly pricing. If we didn’t allow the medical system all the legal protections they have, the cost would be 20% of what it is now and we could afford universal care. But at end of empire all of the systems are in failure mode and healthcare is just one more way to steal the wealth of the middle class.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:03 am,
        Silverdollar says:

No matter the quality, if it’s unavailable because of cost, does this argument really matter?

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:06 am,
          Robert Moriarty says:

But it is available in France and Canada and the UK. It’s only in the US you can’t get quality medical care at a reasonable price.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:16 am,
            Silverdollar says:

Agree. Unfortunately many can’t take that medical vacation to Thailand, India, Europe, etc. Quality of medical is all relative. I saw some in Vietnam from Medics that was the best at the moment……..which was what mattered!

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:07 am,

P.S. Mr. Moriarty.
        Healthcare is the ONLY reason I currently live in the US.
        I can afford to live anywhere in the world, but I would be dead as of 12 years ago, if, by chance, I had not been in the US when I had my first cancer surgery in 2014.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:08 am,
          Robert Moriarty says:

CFS:

If you had your first cancer surgery in 2014 and have been alive for 12 more years as a result, it must have been a remarkable surgery.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:13 am,

Glioblastoma

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:26 am,
            Dick Tracy says:

Oh, Oh, I don’t think he gets it.

• On March 25, 2017 at 6:19 am,
            Excelsior says:

He is writing to us from 2026……. The future is now.

• On March 24, 2017 at 11:04 am,
      Paul L says:

Americans always think that they are the best at everything not realizing the world is a very big place. Great medical systems in parts of Europe and I have heard in Israel too.

4. On March 24, 2017 at 9:41 am,
    AJ says:
  5. On March 24, 2017 at 9:57 am,
    Silverdollar says:

“It’s a travesty”. So well said. Trump throws his supporters under the bus. So what? That’s trump. The big boys win again………..nothing ever changes. Might be the last time an outsider even gets consideration, since they can’t be trusted to do what they say anymore than those already in power.
    Nutting’s opinion: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-donald-trump-is-a-terrible-leader-2017-03-23?mod=MW_story_top_stories

6. On March 24, 2017 at 10:04 am,
    PF says:

Trump is the greatest salesman in the world. No doubt he and his slimy advocates like Kellyanne Conway and Spicer will spin it as a victory.

7. On March 24, 2017 at 10:22 am,
    Dick Tracy says:

I believe Trump will win this vote. If it doesn’t the choice is Obamacare and the election two years from now, the politicians will not to go to the polls with that disaster still in place.

• On March 24, 2017 at 10:25 am,
      Silverdollar says:

It won’t be a ‘win’ when it begins to take effect in a few months. Trump supporters are the main losers. Hospitals and Insurance will win again.

8. On March 24, 2017 at 11:45 am,
    PF says:

The Republicans should’ve been trying to reach a consensus on healthcare starting in November instead of waiting until today to hold debates.

• On March 24, 2017 at 12:56 pm,
      Silverdollar says:

Democrats made the same mistake when they wrote Obamacare. The powerful do the writing and expect everyone else to fall into line. Hard to believe that these people are over the rest of us.

9. On March 24, 2017 at 12:22 pm,
    Bob UK says:

I am surprised to hear Chris’s commentary today. I thought he was more bearish on the conventional markets at the moment.

I will have to go make a cup of tea and listen again.

10. On March 24, 2017 at 1:01 pm,

Chemtrails, Monsanto Roundup, fracking the water, lead in the water pipes, sugar in everything, salt in everything, McDonalds, Fast foods…….Reasons for USA life span is not as long as others around the world……………

11. On March 24, 2017 at 3:08 pm,
    Jason says:

Chris, get in here and juggle some 3x dynamite with us. 3x miners not budging for about 2 weeks now.

12. On March 24, 2017 at 9:39 pm,
    johnnygeneric says:

Sorry Cory. the blame ABSOLUTELY lies at the feet of the GOP Congress. All they did was tell us “if we only had [such and such] we could repeal Obamacare” over and over and over again. And guess what? They finally get all they asked for and they are shown to be the LIARS they are!!!

The GOP are a vipers den of liars and hypocrites. They have been exposed for their complete SPINELESSNESS. What a bunch of SLIMEBALLS!!

Trump is absolutely right in blaming the GOP on the abysmal FAILURE!!! Do you think Trump’s supporters and even many of his enemies are going to blame him? NO!!!

13. On March 25, 2017 at 6:35 am,

NO, the problem starts with the Demos…….who rushed the bill into passage ,….. remember they had to sign it before they read it…….
    Congress is for themselves…….period….

• On March 25, 2017 at 6:41 am,

Trump let one part of the TWO HEADED SNAKE….lead the way. Ryan is a snake leader.