Societal Commentary from Big Al and others. – Wed 10 Jan, 2018

I have a right to my privacy and, Dammit, so do you!

How do you feel about totally loosing your privacy through your computer or even you smart television set? I personally don’t like it at all!

Adam LevinAl Korelin

Comments:
  1. On January 10, 2018 at 2:48 pm,

Privacy depends on individuals.

If I get a pop-up on my secure systems, I respond in kind.
    Consequence: I don’t get pop-ups on my secure systems anymore.

Big Al, You know my real name. I invite you to try and find out much more about me, since about the year 2000, when I decided to go low profile.

• On January 10, 2018 at 3:39 pm,

Thanks, Professor I will.

• On January 10, 2018 at 4:51 pm,

You can find my address and phone number,
        but after that you will come up with different answers for birthdate, birthplace etc.

One cannot eradicate the truth, but one can hide it in amongst a forest of incorrect answers.
        It makes ID theft much harder.

2. On January 10, 2018 at 3:01 pm,

Keeping an using different emails and computer systems for different purposes is a pain,but necessary in today’s world.

I look at it similar to darkened windows on a movie star’s limousine.

If you don’t care who sees you, you don’t have darkened windows.
    If you do care, you do.

For certain things, the government forces you to be truthful.
    For most internet sites, you have the opportunity to confuse the data they collect.
    Ignorance of how to do so, and why it is necessary, is not really an excuse.
    Like I often say: “It is what you don’t know that is the real problem.”

Wishing everyone a lifetime of happy learning.

3. On January 10, 2018 at 3:09 pm,

Some further thoughts:

Protonmail
    PGP
    GFI
    Citrix, Adblock Plus, Incognito window

4. On January 10, 2018 at 3:16 pm,
    Silverdollar says:

Generally speaking I believe privacy is more important to older people. For the generations that live on their phones accessing Facebook and the other social sites, especially those with photography attached can’t have it both ways. If one puts it out there, why is it so hard to understand that that info will get used by others? Don’t put it out there is you don’t want it used. Wipe cookies from your computer weekly!

5. On January 10, 2018 at 3:22 pm,

Did The Great Bard ever say; “The first thing we need to do is kill all the politicians?”

• On January 10, 2018 at 3:42 pm,

Seems to me that I remember something like that or was it lawyers!

6. On January 10, 2018 at 4:23 pm,

It was lawyers in the Merchant of Venice, I was being sarcastic, which does not translate over the internet.

• On January 10, 2018 at 8:07 pm,

i am a fan of The Bard and I recognized your sarcasm, my friend!

By the way, the number three Shakespearean Festival, right behind Stafford and Toronto, is right up the road in Ashland, Oregon.

We have not been recently, but used to go annually. It is great. Bard on the Beach in Vancouver, B.C. is also okay but not a candle to Ashland.

7. On January 10, 2018 at 5:01 pm,

Vice President Pence is going to be leading the US team in the winter Olympics!

What’s that all about? Do they have a geriatric division?

8. On January 11, 2018 at 9:11 am,
    pardu says:

Al, what do you think about Theralase and are you still invested in it and do you think it has upward potential?

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.