Chris Temple from The National Investor – Thu 9 Aug, 2018

The Safe Haven Trade Of USD and Treasuries

After a slight inflation data miss this morning we are still seeing the USD trade higher and yields move down. Chris Temple and I discuss how there are good odds that the USD continues higher in a safe haven trade. This safe haven trade could drive the dollar to 100 and also include treasuries.

Click here to visit Chris’s site for more market and company commentary.

Chris TempleCory Fleck
View related posts on: , ,

Comments:
  1. On August 9, 2018 at 10:11 am,

And tell me the US was not buying bonds this morning !!!!

2. On August 9, 2018 at 11:35 am,

aLAS rOSENSTEIN MAY BE OFFERING A GET OUT OF JAIL CARD TO THE WORST CRIMINAL.

3. On August 9, 2018 at 12:42 pm,
    Brad says:

The long term charts for the USD are garbage. 200 week MA is acting as serious resistance. Price has spent the majority of the last year under it.

• On August 9, 2018 at 1:15 pm,

It hasn’t had a weekly close above the 200 week MA since last December.
      More importantly, the failure at that MA for the last 3 months is not a good sign at all for the bulls. If they don’t get it done soon, the move down won’t be subtle.

• On August 10, 2018 at 3:38 am,
      Temple says:

Ummm….you were saying?

4. On August 9, 2018 at 2:07 pm,
    Markedtofuture says:

Stellar Lumens IBM. YOVO GO Token. Releasing a cell phone!

5. On August 9, 2018 at 2:26 pm,
    paul l says:

The dollar had a small correction and headed back up it seems. I sensed the Vix may have bottomed today and sold a large Intel position I picked up on the recent big drop. The market may start a significant correction soon as the Vix spikes which it often does in August. Holding a ton of AT&T as it got to a 3 to 5 year low.

6. On August 9, 2018 at 2:28 pm,
    paul l says:

I have been waiting a long time for oil to fall hard to the 59 to 62 area.

7. On August 9, 2018 at 2:31 pm,
    paul l says:

Vix may have bottomed today and I sold a big Intel position I picked up on the big recent drop but bought a large amount of AT&T recently with a 6.5% yield at multi year lows, 3 to 5 year low I believe. Market may start a correction soon.

8. On August 9, 2018 at 5:04 pm,

I’ll take a PAAS…

9. On August 9, 2018 at 5:05 pm,

News Radio 102.9 – KARN-FM Logo

News Radio 102.9 – KARN-FM – FM 102.9 – Little Rock, AR
    INSTANT NEWS… STIMULATING TALK

just reported ALL Clinton Foundation records were collected by the DOJ by cargo plane.

• On August 9, 2018 at 6:48 pm,

Interesting………hope they get an accurate body count…………

• On August 9, 2018 at 6:49 pm,

Miss Hilly, and Uncle Billy, need to be held accountable for high crimes and such…..

• On August 9, 2018 at 6:50 pm,

Obamy could be next, along with Bushy………….just saying………..

• On August 9, 2018 at 6:54 pm,

Old saying………every dog has it’s day……..no man is above the law……

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:56 am,
            Wayne says:

Also, no man is equal to the Law. The proofs for Him are everywhere.

• On August 10, 2018 at 9:29 am,

or we are not under the law……..but, under grace…….. 🙂

10. On August 9, 2018 at 5:07 pm,

It took more than two years but HL has now filled a pesky 3 cent weekly gap…

11. On August 9, 2018 at 6:00 pm,
    • On August 9, 2018 at 6:52 pm,

Most of the Senate could be held for treason and obstruction of justice, crimes like insider trading (which they seem to have justified as legal for their position)

12. On August 9, 2018 at 6:44 pm,
    Bonzo Barzini says:

What a great day for PAAS, HL, and USAS! Is the bottom in?

• On August 9, 2018 at 7:03 pm,

I’m guessing the bottom is in for USAS but more evidence is needed. If it isn’t in, it is very close and the action today just illustrated the point I made very recently about attempting to buy at just one price — most people shouldn’t try it!

• On August 10, 2018 at 11:31 am,
        Charles says:

USAS price action today make yesterday look like a head fake. Back to base building. Surprised there was no further follow through today given Turkish Lira implosion. That tells me it could go lower still, but probably nothing dramatic.

• On August 10, 2018 at 11:48 am,

I’d say it was smart shorts covering.
          Speaking only for myself, a plunge from here will be a strong buy.

• On August 9, 2018 at 7:06 pm,

Let’s see if it can close the week above the 200 week MA…

13. On August 10, 2018 at 6:29 am,
    Charles says:

Hi Matthew –

Can you give me your thoughts on DDD? Specifically, can you let me know what you see as a short term target? The stock looks like it put in a double bottom last October and just crossed over the 200 wma on strong volume. It still looks like there is some room for some additional upside based on the weekly RSI.

Thanks in advance,
    Charles

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:15 am,

Wow, you’ve had quite a ride with that one. My best conservative guess is that it will reach 19.50 but I think it has a good chance at reaching as high as 20.50 before taking a break.

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:27 am,
        Charles says:

Thanks. Getting pretty close to that level now. so I think I will take some off.

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:41 am,

I just noticed the quick move — it was 18.99 when I saw your post.

Gold is doing well considering the dollar (UUP) this morning…

14. On August 10, 2018 at 6:40 am,
    Charles says:

Seabridge Gold (SA) up big today on earnings release. Just took out two prior peaks from the prior decline which is Rick Ackerman’s sign to turn bullish. This stock was an early warning indicator for the PM sector turnaround at the end of 2015. I know it is one that Chris Temple likes.

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:22 am,

I don’t own SA but have always liked a lot about it. It delivers when it’s supposed to and is liquid. Today’s action looks a lot like some of the silvers yesterday and that is a good sign for the whole space — as you pointed out.
      It seems like Chris Temple has been on it for many years and I can see why.

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:50 am,
        Charles says:

Yes. It has been a nice stock for me. I originally heard about it from Avi Gilburt. The more I have learned about the company the more I like it especially after they picked up the assets from that hedge fund advisor (can’t recall the name) that sold it to them. I think its call the Snowstorm project/camp? I think that project is going to prove to be a monster in my opinion based on what I have read and the interviews Chris Temple has had with Rudi Fronk. One knock that Bob Moriarty points out is that some of there projects require a much higher gold price to be economic.

• On August 10, 2018 at 8:56 am,
          Charles says:

John Paulson is the hedge fund advisor that sold the project to them.

• On August 10, 2018 at 9:06 am,

The much higher gold price that some of their projects require will be a good thing later on. Think of those projects as out-of-the-money calls.

15. On August 10, 2018 at 6:51 am,
    Temple says:

Yes it is Charles — and likely I’ll be sharing a discussion w/ Rudi Fronk on here this weekend.

16. On August 10, 2018 at 6:57 am,
    Charles says:

Excellent! Thanks Chris.

17. On August 10, 2018 at 9:07 am,

Big double top?

18. On August 10, 2018 at 10:59 am,
    Charles says:

Matthew, good chart. There is a post by Eagle Seagle over at goldtadise.com that posted a wedge pattern on the SPX breaking down earlier today.

19. On August 10, 2018 at 12:06 pm,
    Charles says:

I agree. I am not selling any of my precious metals stocks at these levels. This is the time to be selectively accumulating on dips in very manageable bites. There are a few precious metals stocks I would like to sell, but I am waiting until at least the next bounce over the next few months before I take the tax loss.