Cory's Insights – Thu 4 Oct, 2018

If You Want A Laugh Check Out Some Of The Candidates Running For Mayor In Vancouver

I don’t usually post on politics and I am not giving my opinion other than to point out how ridiculous Vancouver is. I’m not sure how other civil elections look in other largest cities but I’m sure you will shake your heads at a couple policies and goals (and pictures) from the candidates in the link below.

In full disclosure I have been very disappointed in how Vancouver has been run for a long time and I worry we could continue down that same road. I will be voting, as I always do, and will get my friends out to vote as well. If you live in Vancouver or travel here regularly please comment or email me with your thoughts – Fleck@kereport.com

Click here to visit the cite of Vancouver website and read a summary of each candidates policies…

Comments:
  1. On October 4, 2018 at 7:44 pm,
    johnnygeneric says:

Good grief! Was that one woman showing off her boobs??

That first guy was borderline illiterate.

2. On October 4, 2018 at 8:08 pm,
    Graham says:

I was a bit shocked today after reading through their platforms. One guy wants to confiscate property. We must have reached rock bottom now. I have lived in Vancouver all my life and bought a house in Dunbar in 1995. If quality real estate doubles every 7 to 10 years then my house is just as unaffordable now as it was then. The taxes then took two weeks of wages and now takes two months of wages to pay off. Where is all that tax money going? Basically, they are neglecting to tell the people a few things like wages are not going up, regulations are through the roof, and a lot of money has been printed. Who could blame them? It’s much more convenient to blame the foreigners and the criminals and any other scapegoat while sending property owners the bill. Perhaps it is time we go to the edge and look down. I remember times in the eighties and nineties when the cupboards were bare and the economy appeared to be depending on grow ops, welfare, EI and other non productive forms of income generation. Millennial’s weren’t around but perhaps they may get a glimpse of what it was like soon. Fingers crossed.

• On October 5, 2018 at 11:13 am,
      Excelsior says:

Agreed. As I read through their platforms it was such a farce.

Choose wisely Vancouver.

3. On October 5, 2018 at 3:38 am,
  4. On October 5, 2018 at 3:43 am,
    • On October 5, 2018 at 3:45 am,

In a development that’s sure to fire up the conspiracy theory machine, a Russian official with close ties to Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya – the lawyer who had promised to deliver “dirt” on Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort during a meeting at Trump Tower in 2016 – reportedly died in a helicopter crash this week, according to The Daily Beast.

• On October 5, 2018 at 3:46 am,

If so………..body count is about 109 to date……….for Hilly and Billy

5. On October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am,
    ron says:

This is no laughing matter. The more candidates the easier the vote fraud.
    I noticed that Faith Goldy was not listed on the Toronto web site
    She is third in the polls and polls greater than all others below her combined.
    Yet she was banned from the recent debates.
    Please have Faith Goldy on your show.
    She is running for mayor of Toronto.
    She is anti-Crime and for lower taxes.
    And her last name is GOLDy.

6. On October 5, 2018 at 10:48 am,

This what a stage 4 democracy looks like. You never know what’s going to ooze out and run for office.

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.