Peter Boockvar Insights – Tue 29 Dec, 2020

Peter Boockvar’s outlook for 2021 – Markets, Commodities and Daily Life

Here is an excerpt from our good friend Peter Boockvar and his website the Boock Report. It’s a well summarized look ahead to the markets in 2021.

Click here to visit The BoockReport website.

This will be my last day writing until Wednesday January 6th. I want to thank you very much for taking out the time to read my daily missives as I know your inbox gets filled with a ton of stuff. I know that you don’t agree with everything I say but I appreciate at least giving me a listen.

Cheers to a 2021 that will mostly rid us of Covid-19 and to the vaccines that will save lives, to being able to go outside without wearing a mask and not needing one inside, to again eating indoors without worrying about ventilation and distancing, going to a concert, seeing a baseball game in person, to spending more time in person with family and friends, to seeing in person many of you, having meetings in person and to have many small businesses resurrect their livelihoods either growing again their existing business or finding the capital and help to create a new one.

After bouncing back above the 90 level last week, the dollar index is retesting that level again, down by 1/3 of a percent today. The weakness this year has sort of gone under the radar with everything else going on but I think it has the potential of becoming more relevant in 2021 as this is the initial venue that reflects market thoughts on the ever widening US debts and deficits. Further weakness of note would then have implications for inflation and long term interest rates. As for long rates, I know the consensus is for them to move higher as the economy rebounds further with a vaccine but I think people will be surprised as to where they go. I think 2%+ is doable and that will be in part to quicker economic growth but there will be a continued rise in inflation expectations as part of that.

As for stocks, I think the easy part in 2021 is forecasting the direction of economic growth and earnings. The hard part will be predicting what the right P/E ratio will be. Where rates will go and how the Fed responds will dictate that. Should it be 22x? 18x? 15x? 25x? There is a wide dispersion in possible SPX outcomes depending on that. As for individual groups, I continue to like commodity stocks (oil/gas, ag and copper to be exact), precious metals, bank stocks, value stocks that technology and Amazon haven’t killed off, some travel and leisure names, emerging Asian stock markets and the UK and Turkey too. I also expect the US dollar to convincingly break below that 90 level.

View related posts on: ,

Comments:
  1. On December 29, 2020 at 11:56 am,
    Excelsior says:

@Goldfinger – “Every year I ask CEO.ca members what they learned in the year that was, and what they are looking forward to in the new year.

“This year I am grateful to have contributions from @mikemike426 @CautiousNow @Cole119 @Excelsior @Fischlaender @Thecowsaysmoo @fingerprint42 @tommy @SASKEXPRESS @Chiel and @Juan_Valdez”

• On December 29, 2020 at 1:37 pm,

Self promotion……is a good thing….. 🙂

• On December 29, 2020 at 2:13 pm,
        Excelsior says:

Haha! I actually thought Goldfinger and many of the other guests he interviewed had some great points about a recap of 2020 and what they are going to focus on in 2021. Cheers!

• On December 29, 2020 at 2:27 pm,

I would say you deserve all the Cheers….. Happy New Year…..
          Thanks for working your ass off, for all to share. You have been a Real Blessing to those who could not figure it out, or those who needed a little help…..Cheers to You.

• On December 29, 2020 at 2:58 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Well thanks for those kinds words good buddy, and I feel the same way about you working tirelessly to bring insights, news, updates, and humor to the KER day in and day out. It is very much appreciated and have a Happy New Year and mind-blowing 2021.

• On December 29, 2020 at 3:00 pm,

Cheers….. 🙂

• On December 29, 2020 at 3:18 pm,
            David says:

Agree above and below.

• On December 29, 2020 at 3:34 pm,
            David says:

I guess everything ended up above.

• On December 30, 2020 at 2:08 am,

+1 David.

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:40 am,
            Charles says:

He Ex – So glad you are back. Thanks for all your contributions in 2020 and looking forward to more in 2021!

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:17 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Hey thanks Charles. Much appreciated sir, and may 2021 be another prosperous year for us here in the resource & energy sectors. It should be a very busy first quarter in the sector as far as company newsflow for those still waiting on assay results, developers moving their projects forward towards production, and particularly for the producers making hay while the sun in shining on higher metals prices.

Ever Upward!

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:45 pm,
            Charles says:

Like your post the other day on the Royalties you are in by the way. I am in Sailfish, Metalla, Orogen, and Golden Valley.

• On December 30, 2020 at 4:31 pm,

Thanks Charles. Here’s my updated Royalty company holdings:

Sandstorm Gold
            Metalla Royalty & Streaming
            Maverix Metals
            Elemental Royalties
            Ely Gold Royalties
            VOX Royalty Corp
            Golden Valley Mines
            Sailfish Royalty
            Nomad Royalty Company

______________________

I’ve considered Orogen, Altius, Anglo Pacific, and Riverside as well. I guess a new one just launched called Empress Royalty.

• On December 29, 2020 at 3:28 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

Hi Ex, do you know what I learned over the last year, ” What on earth is happening”? Wasn’t business bad, and credit inflated, and the stock price level dangerously high? Is the market going crazy? What if the herd tries to sell at the same moment. How long will the opportunity to sell at the “Top”, last. DT

• On December 29, 2020 at 7:09 pm,
        Excelsior says:

DT – great points and reasonable questions to ask.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens once the music stops, but the cabal of politicians & central bankers will play “kick the can” as long as they can, saving those issues for a tipping point where all the Kenesian QE interventions and MMT chickens finally come home to roost.

Until then… more opportunity mixed with difficulty… same as it ever was… same as it ever was…

• On December 29, 2020 at 7:19 pm,
          Excelsior says:

The general markets are really overdue for a whopper of a correction, so if we see something like that in 2021, having some funds to deploy after the dust settles will be key. The question is what form will those funds need to be in to weather the storm? It seems prudent to have an allocation to hard assets like the Precious Metals sector, fiat cash, cryptos, real estate, whiskey & wine, soap, batteries, long term food storage, and toilet paper & paper towels.

• On December 30, 2020 at 5:32 am,

Bitcoin: What’s Going On

Dec. 29, 2020 – John M Mason – Seeking Alpha

“In early October, the bitcoin drew a price of around $11,000. By the end of October, the price was over $13,000, and then reached 14,400 in early November. The price was $20,000 by the middle of December and closed on December 28 at almost $27,000.”

• On December 30, 2020 at 5:34 am,
            Excelsior says:

As of this post Bitcoin is trading at $27,939 (and had got up over $28K again in overnight trading).

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:53 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Even though the froth can keep bubbling higher, I pulled profits on a 2nd tranche of my GBTC today at $32.88. My cost basis was $12.57, and I left 1/2 the position in place that I acquired in 4 tranches from August to October of this year. I sold my first tranche on Dec 21 @ $30.48.

With the last 2 tranches I’m holding onto, I’m going to HODL (haha) and see how high the cryptonians take Bitcoin.

Again, my biggest investing regret in 2020 is not getting back in the crypto-miners, as they have gone up thousands of percent. I had a few that did OK back in 2017, but then tanked on the sector pullback. If there is another massive correction in Bitcoin, which is not out of the question, then I may start nibbling at them again, when they come back out of the clouds…

• On December 30, 2020 at 2:07 am,

Sprott’s Whitney George – The Best Gold Stocks Have These Things In Common

Kitco News – Dec 29, 2020

0:00 – Investment philosophy and macro
      6:40 – Picking gold stocks
      14:07 – Gold vs mining stocks
      16:15 – Mining valuations
      20:10 – Other sectors to overweight

2. On December 29, 2020 at 12:58 pm,
    Marty says:

Happy New Year Ex, my friend. May favor find its way to your doorstep

• On December 29, 2020 at 2:16 pm,
      Excelsior says:

Thanks Marty, and may you and your family have a very prosperous 2021 in health, wealth, mind, and soul.

• On December 29, 2020 at 2:17 pm,
        Excelsior says:

BTW – Marty, I’ve steadily accumulated Silvercrest over the last year and hope favor finds it way to their doorstep as well. Are you still invested with (SIL) (SILV) ?

3. On December 29, 2020 at 2:09 pm,

Peter……is way behind on covid, living in dream world…

4. On December 29, 2020 at 3:55 pm,
    Wolfster says:

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and wishing you all a happy and prosperous new year….been very busy but thought I’d share this.
    It’s regarding silver

5. On December 29, 2020 at 4:03 pm,

Hoping the League ,…receives a wake up call……LaBrain Draining for $…

6. On December 29, 2020 at 4:25 pm,
    • On December 29, 2020 at 4:26 pm,

Mnuchin: COVID Relief Checks In The Mail Tomorrow, Direct Deposits Start Tonight

• On December 29, 2020 at 4:31 pm,

These payments may begin to arrive in some accounts by direct deposit as early as tonight and will continue into next week.

7. On December 29, 2020 at 6:05 pm,
    John Kruschke says:

Why I like the Pennies.
    CELZ files patent describing the ability of ImmCelz to reverse liver failure.
    I bought in at .0022. A nice little day.

8. On December 29, 2020 at 7:22 pm,
    buzz says:

So, who cares if they pack The Supreme Court. According to my calculations, it’s already packed with a bunch of puss*es

• On December 30, 2020 at 9:11 am,

I think they’re much worse than that.

9. On December 29, 2020 at 10:25 pm,
    Glenfidish says:

Is anyone paying attention or pretending? Lol I find it so disrespectful that not one person acknowledges my post. So it is with great sadness and a heavy heart that this is and will be my last post in the ker! For all you that read it and use it to your benefit and don’t say one thank you, well thank yourself for it. Some of you are ignorant and pretend and it is quite sad because throughout the years the heavyweights in here have been more bang in than goldfinger, rambus and any other nonsense out there. I’ve been batting and slugging 800% if not more and ignored. That’s cool! I will move on to another site. Just remember I hope you guys don’t lose Matt..

Gold update!
    I’ve been lurking in and out from the background and listening to everyone. Once again thank you all for the contributions each and everyone of you make. Consensus of late is one of skeptical, worries, scared, Rambus with his charts again scaring everyone lol, and more food for thought. Glad my good pals in here Matt, Jerry, dt, ex, wolf and many others Canuck etc really understand it. What Matt said the other day regarding we would need a complete break down here with markets to hurt technical of gold and highly unlikely. He is bang on!
    Here goes
    The current setup from what I’m seeing with the charts and technical/pattern I’ve been following is telling me/my own lenses that we should break higher this week in green and test possibly $1950$1960..completing the head of an inverse head and shoulders I’ve been telling everyone in hear for Over a month. Patience my good friends patience. We would then head down to retest this breakout from here $1880-$1890 for 2-3 weeks. Which means nothing more then back filing, more of the same back and fourth for first 2-3 weeks of January completing the right shoulder. End of January explode out of that channel and attack all time highs and eventually break through. It will give us roughly 5-6 months of upswing before hitting the Intermediate top.. “Sell in May and go away” looking for possible top in May/June..let’s not get to far ahead, for now breakout will come just be patient. 2.2 trillion in March plus 2.3 trillion approved by trump on Sunday= $5000 will be a guarantee when all is said and done. For now let’s attack $2400-$2600 and so forth and so on..
    As always and my pleasure
    Glen! Wishing you all a happy new year and health, wealth and prosperity in 2021..

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:36 am,
      Norrareal1968 says:

Dear Glen
      I for one appreciate your inputs/comments. You have been spot on many times. I will miss you.
      Best
      Norrareal1968

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:32 am,
        Glenfidish says:

Thank you for your words!! I hope to see you posting more often as it makes the ker a better place..

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:54 am,
      Excelsior says:

Hey Glenfidish. I just saw you post here, and just wanted you to know I always appreciate your insights and TA targets, but can understand putting all the work in and sharing it for the benefit of all and not getting much feedback in return.

Personally, I post a numbers of articles, editorials, personal comments and reflections, and even direct questions to the community here quite regularly that don’t get any replies. That’s just the way things go sometimes.

> I’m sure there are many readers of the blog that really get benefit from what you do, but just don’t participate on the blog.

Keep up the great work buddy, and hoping you continue to share ideas with the KER crew.

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:22 pm,
        Excelsior says:

Glen, so how should we feel if we responded back to your post about not getting responses back, (thanking you for your hard work), and then we don’t get a response back from you?

It’s a 2-way street brother. 😉

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:42 am,

Ex,

If there is someone who understands it works both ways it’s me :). In the old days we called it respect and I have the utmost respect for many in here you included. I think Larry said it best blow some steam glen 👊. Nothing personal. I believe you have also felt at times all you posted was for nothing and I have been a big supporter of you when those moments happened or when others mentioned you were posting nine stop etc etc. We all in here know the value you bring so once again sorry for not responding as quickly to you for my reasonings off being a bit grumpy..Tis the season lol of the glen and grinch but that’s long gone lasted 24 hours.

All the best my good friend..

Glen

• On December 30, 2020 at 3:28 am,

Hello GLEN,
      Sorry to hear you have not been appreciated,..I for one,…Think I have mentioned, that you are spot on…and appreciate all you have done.
      Sometimes this site sucks, as there are a lot people who contribute nothing.
      I know Matt, Ex, and a few others have mentioned your contribution.
      The strong association of some contributors,that do respect and notice hard “FREE” work, try to contribute in their own way.
      I have been here from the beginning, through thick and thin.,
      There are a lot of takers here, and disrespectful people, but, that is the world, something for nothing. For what it is the ker, is still a good place to bounce off ideas, with some.
      I have learned to do my own DD., and think I have a full understand of this PM Market,
      Been there , done that, so to speak, …..So, I appreciate the hard work you and others have provided…..Some people just do not know how to say THANKS…..
      To you my Friend…..THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU KINDNESS IN SHARING…..
      Best Wishes and Respect go out to You…..And Please come back….I will miss your kindness

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am,

Jerry,

What can I say🤷‍♂️You are the undoubtedly the Don in here lol.. The voice of reasoning, the maestro, the knowledge, the experience, and the peace keeper or gate keeper to the ker all in a good way..

Thank you always for your support and always responding to everyone with acknowledgment.

Everyone does there part at the ker, I just think you go above and beyond

Glen

• On December 31, 2020 at 8:23 am,

Glen……That is way too kind of you….and Thank you very much….

• On December 30, 2020 at 4:48 am,
      Pete says:

Sorry to hear that you are leaving Glenfidish, you have great technical analysis skills and i will miss your posts.
      Thank you for the gold update, and a happy new year to you.

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:49 am,

Thanks Pete very much appreciated

Glen

• On December 30, 2020 at 4:54 am,

Hey Glen,….question, where was your post?……I have been going back and forth, between political news, …trying to do my part over there
      ..I am responding to:
      I find it so disrespectful that not one person acknowledges my post.

• On December 30, 2020 at 5:45 am,
        CEO of nuthin says:

Same here OOTB
        I saw no post.
        But it doesn’t matter – gold only goes up – since Anti-Orange Agent Temple left the scene – I think he jinxed gold for a wee spell.
        Happy New Year – and Healthy too 🙂

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:21 am,

Jerry,

Thanks buddy.. Posted Monday 28 on the Ed Moya heading. 4 post Im the last one.

Cheers 🍻

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:30 am,

Hey Glen………thanks, and I am sorry , I missed it….
          If, you go over to the political section , you will see, I have been really busy, …no, excuses, I guarantee you,….I have posted more than anyone, the last 5 days…
          Sometimes, …I even wonder if, it is worth it……just saying….
          So,I know exactly how you feel….
          Thanks for including me in your comments, means alot, and thank you for being here.

• On December 30, 2020 at 4:48 pm,
            Canuckski says:

Sorry for being late to the party. I have the week off and have been heavily involved in home renos for the past 2 days.
            Glen, I’ve shared here earlier that I am always excited when I see you weigh in with your insight and forecasts. Especially so because you’ve been so bang on!
            I hope you stick around.

• On December 30, 2020 at 4:55 pm,
            Canuckski says:

Also Glen, I’ve been super impressed with your calls.
            I had envisioned two key drops in gold price over the coming months, so I had to go back and review my own research to see why you have one drop before we go up. I was not having the ramp up just yet. I will likely be swayed on my investments based upon your input, and will time the next round of purchases in advance of end of January with the intent to ride the surge on upward. Thanks.

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:00 am,
      David says:

I guess I am one of those at fault. I try to read all the posts, but sometimes there is not time to post and trade…or I screen a lot of posts on this site and many others. Sometimes someone will mention a stock or two like EX mentioning GORO and Roxgold and that will trigger me to immediately go and check those out to see if either might be something I need to act on. Or, someone may post some news on a stock I have never heard of, and go off reading the ceo.ca site that is company specific or go read the the most recent version of their Corporate Presentation.
      Also, when you or say Matthew talks technical analysis, I am so backward when it comes to discussing it, I just take it in and hope you guys are right. I can’t add or detract from those kinds of posts.
      There is overwhelming volume of information placed on many sites and they are often in conflict. When I read, and the post is about the future, I have to realize that the future has to happen to validate a claim. Over time, credibility is gained for the particularly post months or years down the road. It is often at that point that a comment can be made that “you were right about that looking back”.
      Glen: you have been right about many things and should take satisfaction in your accurate projections. I hope you are right about where we stand in May 2021 and I thank you for having a positive projection. No need in leaving…just keep posting. Everybody suffered when Ex was making his move. Everybody will miss your posts when you leave…so why leave.

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:04 am,
        David says:

Sorry…excuse me but I am going to go look at Roxgold and Goro. Back later.

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:15 am,
          David says:

Here’s something to think about also.
          This morning Pure Gold announced it made its first gold pour officially becoming a producer. What did the market have to say….at this moment +.49%. One half percent move. I don’t think they will stop pouring. 🙂

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:26 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Thanks for the kind words David, and hopefully Glen will keep posting. I have a feeling he will, as there aren’t many circles in life where you can discuss one’s thesis for gold price level targets. Ha! 😉

Yes, I saw that news from Pure Gold this morning on their first pour. A job really well done by that team over the last few years, and in particular in 2020. I’ve lightened up on them recently as they have now completed their “Golden Runway” move, and some investors will sell at first gold pour. However, I kept free trading 0 cost basis position in place to ride the waves as they go into production, because I still feel they have a lot of exploration upside on their property, and will have some nice leverage if we see higher metals prices next year.

__________________

First Gold Poured at the PureGold Mine (PGM) (LRTNF)

The first pour occurred on December 29th, following the introduction of ore to the mill on December 15th, 2020.

“Today, the PureGold Mine has come to life. With our first gold pour, we have transitioned to producer, and delivered on our promise to build Canada’s newest gold mine in the heart of Red Lake Ontario, on budget and on schedule,” said Darin Labrenz, President and CEO of PureGold. “To build a mine at any time requires a complete team effort comprised of dedicated, driven, and focussed individuals. To do so under the unique challenges of 2020 speaks to the quality and dedication of the entire team. With this first gold bar, we are now focussed on ramping up the operation to steady state production as we continue to build a long-life growth company in Red Lake.”

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm,
          Excelsior says:

David – as for (ROXG) (ROGFF) Roxgold, it has been doing an excellent job of exploration, development, and production, and is going from a single mine producer, to a multi-mine producer. Their future production and exploration potential looks very bright.

For good ole’ (GORO) they are also multi-mine producers, in great jurisdictions, of both Silver & Gold, but they have underperformed their peer group in 2020, are in the midst of a spin-out of a new company with some of their assets, and I believe they’ll be more focused and do better in 2021 and catch up to their peer group as they get re-rated higher. That’s just my 2 cents on Gold Resource Corp.

So one is best in class, and one is the best of the worst. As the metals prices stay elevated I’m very comfortable holding both, as just added more to both of them in the recent past.

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:23 am,

David,

Your a gentlemen and a scholar!! I really appreciate your post and will truly consider about continuing at the ker. For now all the best and let’s see in May or June if this call helped. In the short upside breakout as mentioned in its way.

Glen

• On December 30, 2020 at 8:29 am,
          Wolfster says:

Sorry you feel under appreciated Glen…if they had thumbs up I could click on for every comment I appreciated you’d see many thumbs and no single digit fingers. It’s just too much of a process to reply to every comment on here that’s appreciated. Cheers. Will miss your input

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:52 am,
            Glenfidish says:

Thanks wolf 🐺 I also enjoy your comments!

Cheers pal

Glen

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:03 pm,
      Charles says:

Glen – I don’t post very often as I just don’t always have the time, but I appreciate your posts and would miss your posts on the board.

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:54 am,
        Glenfidish says:

Charles thank you for you constant kind words..

I’m also glad you are posting more often what this ker needs..

Glen

• On December 30, 2020 at 3:11 pm,
      molson cdn says:

hi glenfidish
      you never have seen me post. but i want to let you know that i’m sitting in the back of the movie theater. im not a trader or someone that knows a lot, but i value your comments greatly. because of haven’t responded doesn’t mean that they haven’t gone unnoticed. please stick around. its a great community and your one of the main players. we all appreciate your work.

• On December 31, 2020 at 10:10 am,
        Glenfidish says:

Thanks molson! Hope you someday come out and join us more frequently 😀

10. On December 30, 2020 at 6:45 am,
    Dick Tracy says:

First Gold Bar Poured @ The Pure Gold Mine in Red Lake Ontario. DT

11. On December 30, 2020 at 9:10 am,
    irishtony says:

Hi Glen…….I feel i must echo everything that has been said, by the people above me.
    You Do bring a lot to the site . I for one dont reply to you often simplely because i dont trade the markets . I’m into the bullion side of things. But i do want you to know , i still read yours & everyone elses posts everyday..& i appreacate all of them .
    So please stick around…..Because The KER is ….The Hotel Calafornia…….lol

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:36 pm,
      Excelsior says:

Eagles – Hotel California (Live -1977)

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:33 pm,
        Charles says:

Looks like a perfect double bottom in Brixton.

• On December 30, 2020 at 4:38 pm,
          Excelsior says:

We’ll see how it goes with Brixton, but that would be great if it was a big double bottom pattern playing out. I had 3 profitable trades in Brixton going into the summer surge. However, I reinitiated a few more tranches in BBB on the way down, but decided to take that position as a tax loss in December, and only left 1/4 of the position in place. I need to wait until mid January to buy it back, so hoping nothing major happens until later in January.

I have 24 other Silver stock positions though, (and 44 Gold positions & 9 royalty positions), many of which have outperformed Brixton in both 2019 and 2020, so I ‘ll be just fine if we get the normal Q1 Run in the Silver and Gold stocks in Jan, Feb, and early March.

Ever Upward!

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:57 am,

Irish

They say your a hall of gamer in here, longer then most of us :). That you and your brother Jerry have mucho in common and you stack the yellow shiny lol.. thank you for your kind words the feeling is mutual.

Your pal

Glen

• On December 31, 2020 at 7:58 am,

Larry

Thanks for being the voice of experience along Jerry! The steam has been blown and your words well appreciated.

Cheers amigo

Glen

12. On December 30, 2020 at 9:23 am,

On December 30, 2020 at 8:41 am,
    larry says:
    Jockeying between news sites and my charting/trading I did not know that Glenn was feeling ignored…A lot of times I will simply read the post and just shake my head as in good input, but do not even answer…So I suppose I am not innocent…maybe just blow off some steam…And drop back Glenn!….none of this is intentional that is for sure….👊

• On December 30, 2020 at 9:25 am,

The above was transferred from the political section

13. On December 30, 2020 at 10:41 am,
    Charles says:

Just bought some more Kootenay Silver this morning on the pullback.

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:43 pm,
      Excelsior says:

A wise choice Charles. I had sold Kootenay in the late summer, but just bought it back again last week. Their ounces in the ground are going to get much more valuable in 2021, and they are making good strides on their different exploration campaigns.

14. On December 30, 2020 at 10:47 am,

SILJ just traded at its highest level since August 10th.

• On December 30, 2020 at 10:51 am,
      Charles says:

Coiled spring I would say!!!

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:03 am,

Expect the inverse of the spike we endured last March!

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:38 pm,
          Excelsior says:

Looking forward to the symmetrical blast higher.

15. On December 30, 2020 at 10:50 am,
    • On December 30, 2020 at 11:11 am,

Wish I owned that one.

• On December 30, 2020 at 5:03 pm,
      Canuckski says:

Thanks Matthew, I hope this one keeps trucking.
      I actually had bought into this one because of Doc’s call. Wow, I want to say it’s been approximately 7-9 months ago, but it could that have already been close to a year + ago? Time flies if that’s the case.
      Just to note Matt… I ALWAYS APPRECIATE YOUR POSTS!

16. On December 30, 2020 at 10:56 am,

SILJ:GLD looks perfect:

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:00 am,

The last two weekly closes told us to expect the current bullish action:

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:13 am,
      Charles says:

Okay you got me. How do you use VWAP?

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:33 am,

The “anchored” VWAPs you see there are based on events. In this case, the bear market low and the significant high that followed. The lines represent the volume-weighted average price of all trades since the anchor date. So, when price moves above an anchored VWAP, it is bullish to the degree that the event chosen for the anchor was important. A drill result or even a financing could also make for a good anchor. As with MAs or pitchforks, price action around the anchored VWAP can confirm or deny the significance of the one chosen.

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:59 am,
          Charles says:

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your insight.

17. On December 30, 2020 at 11:16 am,

Does not look like gold is going to go over $2100 this year…. 🙂

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:18 am,
      David says:

The $2100 gold algo got Covid.

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:21 am,

ha, covid 1900……better hurry..gold .needs a little push for tomorrow, to get to $1900 close for the year….
        someone did say the cabal had a sick sense ….

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:22 am,

someone did say the cabal had a sick sense ….

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:18 am,

oops……$2300….

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:22 am,
      Charles says:

Not this year Jerry! At least something good awaits us in 2021! Happy New Year to you and the rest of the board! USAS is sure looking nice. Matthew, do you have a good chart on that one?

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:35 am,

Charles……..Happy New Year to you……and anyone else looking in….

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:49 am,
          • On December 30, 2020 at 12:00 pm,

Nice charts. Thanks!

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:29 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Nice. charts Matthew. Charles, I just added more to my USAS position yesterday and that took it to a full position. I believe most of their challenges are behind them now, providing they get things worked out with that illegal blockade in Mexico, but silver mining and exploration Galena in Idaho is moving along great with the Sprott capital injection, and Relief Canyon is finally ramping up their Gold production in Nevada. They should have a much better 2021 than they did in 2020.

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:41 pm,
            Charles says:

Thanks Ex. And I agree. The blockade in Mexico is still a risk, but when it gets resolved, USA should get turbocharged!

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:56 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Equinox just got their blockade resolved in Mexico, so Americas Gold & Silver is up next. I liked what Darren said about he wants to make sure those individuals get arrested and put in jail, so they don’t just start the blockade back up again later. He said when they announce it is resolved, that they want to see those bad actors removed from the area.

Regardless, these kinds of setbacks are one area I look for to scalp value, as if they had all 3 mining locations running at full speed they’d be valued much higher than they are currently. There are explorers and developers with no mines getting valued higher that USAS, so they have a big rerating coming.

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:30 pm,
            Excelsior says:

I’m looking forward to a press release like this one from Equinox, in Q1 but from Americas Gold & Silver

(EQX) Equinox Gold Begins Staged Restart at Los Filos Mine

Dec 23, 2020

“Equinox Gold Corp. reports that the blockade by members of the Carrizalillo community at the Company’s Los Filos Mine in Mexico has been removed and access to the mine has been restored.”

• On December 30, 2020 at 5:09 pm,
            Canuckski says:

I’m fully loaded on USAS, so it’s comforting to know you guys are playing there too.

Just as a note to share, I was thinking about topping up on my Galane Gold. Been generally a sleeper. Though, it did well during the last move up in the market, nothing extraordinary (not torqued like your call on IPT), but I do see it as a solid play.

• On December 30, 2020 at 5:55 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Hi Canuckski. Yes, both Americas Gold and Silver and Galane Gold were sleepers in 2020, but I recently topped up both.

Galane Gold should have a solid 4th quarter, which may put them on more radar screens. I expect them to trade at a discount to North American companies (operating in Africa), but they should be doing pretty good on revenues at present metals prices.

• On December 30, 2020 at 11:53 am,
  18. On December 30, 2020 at 12:05 pm,
    Dan, calgary says:

Without the effort and abilities of the likes of Glen, Matt and Ex I would not know with as much certainty what direction the market is going other than my own limited knowledge and ability. Thanks to these individuals from myself and what is a growing investment account and let’s admit, that’s where it counts to get out of servitude to the elite.

Dan

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:14 pm,
      Dan, calgary says:

BTW, I admire the stoic IT and Jerry very much as people that know themselves and don’t suffer fools for very long.

Dan

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:32 pm,

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm,

Well, Thank you Dan, for the kind words….appreciate it very much.

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:31 pm,
      Excelsior says:

Thanks for that comment Dan, and I agree with how much we all learn from one another here on the KER. It’s a great place to bounce investing ideas around, learn about new companies, check on technical analysis, get macro investing ideas on many sectors, and I’ve made better investment decisions for the last decade because of all the contributions here on the KER.

• On December 30, 2020 at 12:52 pm,

Glen, has to come back now, ….or else, he will be known as the biggest baby in the nursery…….just kidding … 🙂

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:12 pm,
          irishtony says:

Hi Jerry…He is at home sitting..( or should that be shiiiing ) on his potty , sulking , while sucking his thumb…….. LOL…..Just kidding , GLEN , stay here were you are needed.

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:17 pm,

Hi Irish…..ditto

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:19 pm,
          Excelsior says:

True OOTB… and it’s a big nursery. (only kidding Glen).

By the way Glen, you didn’t respond back to my thank you for your work, or many others kind responses back to you, so you wouldn’t want to be guilty of that which you were upset about. Right?

Keep up the great work buddy and know your input is appreciated.

• On December 31, 2020 at 8:36 am,

👀😄🍾🥳

It wouldn’t be a ker if there was no funny business in it lol..

Cheers guys

• On December 31, 2020 at 10:55 am,

Ditto Glen……you got that right… 🙂

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:27 pm,
          Dan, calgary says:

Glen was getting so accurate that I thought even tidbits from him would be a big help.

• On December 30, 2020 at 1:31 pm,
            Excelsior says:

Agreed Dan. Bring on the Glen tidbits!

• On December 31, 2020 at 11:32 am,

Dan,

Thank you sir very very king words and it really sinks in! All the best to you and yours in the new year.. hope to visit Calgary some day one of the few places I have not been to 🙂

19. On December 30, 2020 at 1:04 pm,
    CEO of nuthin says:

Off Topic:

Officer: Do you have a phone number, Ma’am?
    Woman: Are you going to call me?
    Officer: NO

At the end mutters to himself, “Why do I get these?”