Jayant Bhandari – Thu 1 Apr, 2021

Recent M&A in the PM sector and couple arbitrage opportunities

Jayant Bhandari joins me today to share a couple stocks that are presenting arbitrage opportunities in the precious metals sector. We also discuss the recent M&A in the sector. There has been a pick up but still a lack of majors deals.

Comments:
  1. On April 1, 2021 at 7:36 am,
    David says:

Does Jayant still like Maritime? We were just talking about it on another thread.

• On April 1, 2021 at 12:15 pm,
      Jayant Bhandari says:

MAE offers very low risk and high reward. Moreover, the upside should get triggered soon. It has all that makes for an ideal investment. Just be mindful that 32 million warrants with an exercise price of C$0.15 expire on 17th April. So, there is no need to chase it.

• On April 1, 2021 at 4:02 pm,
        David says:

Jayant:
        Thanks for the quick response and additional info. That is really appreciated.

• On April 1, 2021 at 4:17 pm,
        David says:

Jayant also shares the belief with Ex that Maritime may/should go in with some other miners in the area like Anaconda to make a more competitive larger resource/company.

• On April 1, 2021 at 10:09 pm,
          Jayant Bhandari says:

Anaconda, Rambler, and MAE should merge. There are massive operational synergies. These three companies are all small. Also, a merger would save about $10 million a year in corporate expenses.

• On April 2, 2021 at 4:40 am,
            Excelsior says:

+3 Agreed Jayant.

2. On April 1, 2021 at 8:36 am,
    bonzo says:

I wonder what Jayant thinks of GLDXF being bought by TPRFF?

• On April 1, 2021 at 10:53 am,
      Cory๋ŒŠ says:

I’ll be sure to bring these questions up with Jayant next time we chat. Maybe I can get answer before our next call for you guys ๐Ÿ˜‰

• On April 1, 2021 at 11:52 am,
        David says:

Thanks Cory. I know Jayant talked about Maritime before. Currently there is a lot of interest because of New Found Gold…anything in the area is being looked at differently. Doc was talking also about Great Bear and we got off on the tangent of the Royalty. As long as your checking out questions, maybe see if Chris T has any thoughts on the Royalty status. Thanks for all you do…

• On April 1, 2021 at 12:25 pm,
      Jayant Bhandari says:

Bonzo:
      Here is a talk with Cory that I had on Gold X a couple of months back: http://www.kereport.com/2021/01/20/how-will-chinas-economic-recovery-impact-commodities/

I haven’t followed GCM for a long time, but a quick look shows that they generate a very good cash flow. Earlier today, I was talking with Samuel Pelaez, who told me that because of currency rate changes, everything in Colombia has become very cheap. So, GCM should improve its cash performance, as its cost structure should improve.

Now, I wouldn’t be surprised if a better offer for Gold X comes from Zijing.

Gold X is a thinly traded stock, so I am expecting the arbitrage between Gran Colombia and Gold X to increase as we get closer to the merger date.

3. On April 1, 2021 at 2:53 pm,
    bonzo says:

Thanks, Jayant. Guess I’ll keep my Gold X and hope for a higher offer.