Weekend Show – Sat 15 Oct, 2011

The Occupy Wall Street Movement, gold, and a brief intro to technical analysis

In this show Al discusses:

• Segment 1 – Our man is Singapore, Grant Williams (“Things That Make You Go Hmmmm”) opines on the Occupy Wall Street Movement.
  • Segment 2 – Grant Williams puts on his financial hat and discusses gold.
  • Segment 3 – Al and Peter Grandich continue the discussion of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.
  • Segment 4- Al and Roger Wiegand discuss the current conditions in Europe and their potential effect on precious metals.
  • Segment 5 – Sean Brodrick, of Weiss Research, discuss his recent Nevada trip where he visited the Rye Patch Gold properties.
  • Segment 6 – Al and Peter Grandich discuss Silver Quest Resources and the company’s activities in the Yukon and British Columbia.
  • Segment 7 – Brent Cook (“Exploration Insights”) discusses the mining environment in South American with an emphasis on Chile.
  • Segment 8 – Trader Rog is back to provide an introduction to technical analysis.

Al KorelinGrant WilliamsPeter GrandichRoger WiegandSean BrodrickBrent Cook
View related posts on: ,

Comments:
  1. On October 15, 2011 at 1:28 am,
    James B from Canada says:

BIG AL IS RIGHT ON!!!!

Yes there is a lot of anger at the banks but I will always say that the governments are allowing it because they need them to finance their campaigns and in the US, act as subcontractor to debase currency and crush the metals. The govt is the bigger enemy. Big Govt is exhausting our resources to finance their salaries, vacation days, bonuses and pension for life.

ANd they have allowed into the West, millions of people from poor countries who have no intention of knowing anything about the history of the West, but to exploit it and perpetuate their hatred and keep females looking like those sandbag creatures from Star Wars.

The OWS – what Ann Coulter calls the Flea Party: fraud financed by George Soros and his fellow travelers and helped by the worthless US media.

HERE IS A VIDEO OF THIS FRAUD by James Okeefe:

• On October 15, 2011 at 2:07 pm,

HI James B,

I agree with much of what you say.

Immigration is what made our country really great. I am not at all being derogatory to all immigrants, but I am towards most of those who come in illegally.

Rather than trying to make their home countries great, they are taking advantage of us. How can anyone possibly disagree with that statement?

Let’s consider the violent situation in Mexico which is beginning to spill over into the U.S. Why don’t the good folks down there do what Americans have always done historically and make things right in their own country.

I simply don’t understand their actions.

• On October 15, 2011 at 2:29 pm,
      Karen says:

Hi James B from Canada,
      I totally agree with your comments. Thanks for the video. The only way to get the truth is to bypass to Obama controlled media.

• On October 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm,
        AlKorelink says:

Hi Karen,

Don’t think it’s control just by the president.

I think it’s controlled by business and advertising.

All the best,

2. On October 15, 2011 at 6:10 am,
    JamesC says:

Roger, thanks for the intro to technical analysis. I would like to take a class from you. If you wanted, you could make it a webcast (like GoToMeeting) and have a telecon number to dial in. That’s how we uwsually train at work since so many us are in different locales. I did a quick search on amazon and it came up with the books you suggested with a few at a discounted price. TA would be interesting to learn, and as Big AL says, make his audience more educated in what we are discussing.

3. On October 15, 2011 at 6:16 am,
    JamesC says:

Big Al, a nice show again. I hope you can discuss platinum some weekend with a guest expert. I understand that the 3 major countries that have producing mines are having difficulties in keeping up with production levels. They are trending down each year and the mining process is progressively more challenging (older mines and not many new spots found). Plus for once, it’s finally cheaper than gold.

• On October 15, 2011 at 6:31 am,
      Jerry says:

you need to buy now, if you are interested in platinum, check out the last time platinum
      ran underneath gold ,see chart in 08,, and you will see platinum is a discount to gold..
      by about 150 usd.,,platinum is a small mkt.. and usually, most of the time is more than gold.
      More volital than gold,,,when the market notices…long term will go with gold…up!

• On October 15, 2011 at 6:40 am,
        Jerry says:

I own silver, gold and platinum…I believe platinum adds a diversifcation to your holdings,,and is a minor trade…but, spreads your investment.and sometimes you
        get the extra kick,unnoticed by many unless you track all the pms.

• On October 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm,

Great advice Jerry,

Many thanks,

• On October 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm,

Hi again James C,

Okay, look for a segment on platinum within a couple of weeks.

4. On October 15, 2011 at 6:20 am,

” I have meet the enemy, and that enemy is us..”…snoopie, charlie brown…1980

• On October 15, 2011 at 2:11 pm,

Unfortunately in some instances that is so true.

5. On October 15, 2011 at 7:03 am,
    Roger H. says:

I just opened my Korelin Economics Report. I read the following: “You do not have permission to preview drafts.” So what is that for? I did find the reports, but why have that statement there? I’m sure many just deleted your web and never opened “The Report.”

• On October 15, 2011 at 9:03 am,
      ker says:

Thanks for letting us know – we will find out what’s going on.

6. On October 15, 2011 at 7:18 am,
    cfs2000 says:

I disagree that the problem of the US can be solved at the ballot box.
    I see croney capitalism.
    I see a political elite. Does not matter which party, insensitive to the needs of the country, pandering only towards re-election.
    I see a President who thinks he is an emperor. Where in the constitution does he get to send troops into Africa without consulting Congress. On a trumped claim of National security.

I see corruption everywhere I look. I see kickbacks, illegal scheming for cronies everywhere. I see outright racism. I dare anyone to say the attorney general did not act on racist beliefs in dismissing the New Panther case.
    I see flagrant violations of the law and the constitution and nothing being done. Don’t try to tell me Fast & Furious was not illegal and did not go to the very highest levels of government. Where are the shouts for investigation and impeachment?

Am I angry? You bet I’m angry, and that’s a gross understatement.
    I see incompetent government and corruption destroying the US at every level: city, state and federal.

• On October 15, 2011 at 10:04 am,
      Superdobbs says:

“I dare anyone to say the attorney general did not act on racist beliefs in dismissing the New Panther case.”

You are correct, sir! Eric Holder is a Racist.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:11 pm,

HI Superdobbs,

We have a group of people visiting for a couple of days who came up for Sarah’s wedding on Saturday. Now we are up here.

I read you comments to these folks and, you know what, no one disagrees with you!

• On October 15, 2011 at 10:30 am,
      EDWARD MURPHY says:

much as it pains me i fully agree w/cfs! There’s no way the ballot box fixes this mess, as cfs says thanks to croneyism. One thing though, no president needs congress to send troopps anywhere-if that was the case even less would get done!!!

• On October 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm,

cfs2000,
      I agree with you on many of your comments..

• On October 15, 2011 at 6:39 pm,
        Jerry says:

especially the troops to africa…maybe he is sending in a scouting party to look for a place to hide, in case all goes bad after the election.
        You know he has family there, they also, could take up a collection for his retirement, since he will be ineligable for benefits, after they find out he is not an american citizen.,,

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm,

Hi Jerry,

As all of our guests (see above) said, after reading our comment, that we know less about this president than any of his predecessors.

Kind of interesting isn’t it!

• On October 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm,

YES SIR

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm,
          John W. Robertson says:

I hear Uganda is a pretty nice place for expats of various countries.

7. On October 15, 2011 at 7:30 am,
    BJ says:

As a follow-up to Mr. Grandich’s comments: “A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have.”–President Ford (R) BTW, I visit his site often, and it’s a good one, too!

• On October 15, 2011 at 7:33 am,
      BJ says:

Sorry about the confusing paragraph structure. The quote belongs to Pres. Gerald Ford. The site belongs to Mr. Grandich.

8. On October 15, 2011 at 7:50 am,
    BJ says:

Ron Paul fans take note:

What else came out last week (during the Bloomberg Debate) was Herman Cain explaining how he served on the Federal Reserve under Greenspan! Boy, is it ever a small world. Anyone who thinks Cain is going to change the course of American is uninformed.

And yes, Mr. Weigand, our elections are a joke–an unending kabuki dance.

• On October 15, 2011 at 8:30 am,
      Jerry says:

BJ…read my comments ,,,on history…and the one party , two headed snake…
      this is why we think there is two parties…but, actually…only one,,,,the one is
      controlled by the people behind the scene…all,,,,the politicans are controlled
      directly or indirectly by these behind the scene…..Think about it…

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm,

HI BJ,

I have a gut level feeling, and that is all that it is, that Herman Cain could make a positive difference.

I say that because he seems to, at least, believe in the free market and hard work.

Who knows, maybe I am beeing “fooled again”.

Time will tell,

• On October 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm,
        Jerry says:

CAIN IS A SIDE DISTRACTION,, by your answer the” bee” has stung you in the thinking department….(just having fun, and no insult intended, because I know you had
        a rough weekend…giving away something you love.) Hope your soninlaw appreciates
        you as much as we have appreciated you.

9. On October 15, 2011 at 8:21 am,
    Jerry says:

Al, I think your thought on the political outlook,,,and pm.” PERCEPTION” is correct. YOU say “if , the political- market looks better…” YOU ARE correct BUT ONLY SHORT TO MID term.

Polically..it will not make any difference in the long run who wins or which party wins.
    Historically, you have to go back to 1837,,to see the polical difference….
    The REBUBLICAN-DEMOCRATE IS THE SAME PARTY…(since that 1837 time frame)
    the two headed snake….one body same agenda.
    IF, this statement being true,,,it will not make any difference to the outcome of the election
    which party wins ,,they are the same party,,,The election is just a delay in the eventual outcome and the outcome..is for precious metal to go higher than most can imagine

I believe Roger is correct in the
    long term.via all the technical,,,wave theory…charts and graphs…but, I think the POWERS BEHIND THE SCENE,
    .So, this is why both of you are CORRECT…..AND THEREFORE,,, important to the entire discussion as
    to where we are and where we are going…
    Time frame by either of you will be altered by the “POWER BEHIND THE SCENE”;
    which can read what you think ,,but, you are at the disavantage , that you do not
    know what they think…
    WE ARE THE PUPPETS AND THEY HAVE THE CONTROL OF THE STRINGS..

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm,

Hi Jerry,

Your comments about precious metals are, of course, what I also believe.

Regarding politics, you guys and gals certainly are beginning to chage my perception.

10. On October 15, 2011 at 8:38 am,
    cecil Henry says:

Yes, immigration is a LARGE part of the problem and why the West is under attack right now. The immigrants want what we have, but cannot be a part of who we are. The elites like this because it depresses wages, decreases political and social unity and makes a more controllable populace– for awhile anyway.

However, I feel that the banks and financial elite ARE to blame for these continued crises even though our politicians are culpable.
    Real prosperity and rising living standards have not occurred since the 1980′s. Look at median wages in real terms— they have not risen in 30 + years.

As for the junior mining sector, I’m starting to feel like its completely disconnected from the POG. Hearing what is happening to gold seems to have no connection to the stocks. Its like its completely irrelevant. Gold up 10%, stocks up 5%. Gold down 10%, stocks DOWN 20%.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:21 pm,

HI Cecil,

I think that you will see that disconnect disappearing in the near future.

My opinion is that right now people are “dazed and confused” and Led Leplin used to say.

I just don’t see how this disconnect can continue.

11. On October 15, 2011 at 9:53 am,
    cfs2000 says:

Here’s a page worth printing out on tech analysis:

It summarizes Murphy

12. On October 15, 2011 at 10:14 am,

And lastly Big Al,
    Best wishes to your daughter and her marriage. And some advice!
    In this day and age, where so many people think and behave as if “I and me” are the most important words in the english language, I believe it is vital in any marriage to think “we” and not “I and him”

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm,

HI cfs,

I promise you that Sarah and Kyle both truly feel this way. I must tell you that I am so proud of them for that. They do not represent what seems to be the norm.

Many thanks for you kind wishes,

13. On October 15, 2011 at 10:44 am,
    Hemal says:

Trader Rog; i live in London but would give serious consideration to any training course you may run in the US in the future. The info would be priceless! At the very least, a 100 page summary of TA would be great.

• On October 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm,
      cfs2000 says:

If you look up my stockcharts reference above and then dig around there is lots of information on that site.

14. On October 15, 2011 at 11:22 am,
    Superdobbs says:

Big Al,

Just a few observations on the “useful idiots” masquerading as Wall Street protesters;

If these people are upset about their college loan debt, they should blame themselves. The Banks did not force them into expensive 4-year schools nor did the bankers coerce them into taking out loans.

If the protesters are angry about bailouts they should be protesting the guy who signed off on the paperwork – hint, he lives in a big white house in Washington, DC.

For years, Left Wingers have promoted themselves as America’s smarter demographic. If this is true, the protesters should have no problem building their own businesses, competing with and then taking market share from the institutions they disapprove of.

If the protesters are so bent out of shape about how people pay taxes, then they should decamp Wall Street immediately, set up shop at the IRS and demand a Flat Rate Tax for all- this is the only fair system.

Al, at the end of the day this “movement” will be exposed as a scam and the “protesters” will be left with little more than the stale remains of a bag lunch and a complimentary George “let’s wreck America” Soros t-shirt to show for their efforts.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm,

Hey man,

Not protesting at the IRS shows you the average IQ of a lot of these folks.

15. On October 15, 2011 at 11:54 am,
    Robert Rutter says:

Enough already with the “predatory capitalism” term, please! This sounds like some naive 19-year old in a class discussion in some useless college “political science” class. You make it sound like these bankers were forcing people to take their loans. The fact is, if rules are established, be they moral, immoral, or amoral rules, people are going to take advantage of those rules. In this case, our stupid government provided implicit and sometimes explicit backstops for bad business practices (loaning money to people who could clearly not pay it back). What would you expect to happen under those circumstances? What should have happened in this case is that the stupid lenders should have gone bankrupt, instead of being bailed out, the lying borrowers should have gone bankrupt and/or prosecuted, instead of being allowed to live in houses where they are not paying their mortgage payments, and government should have minded its own business. The root of the problem here is government and the Federal Reserve, the unintended consequence being what you describe as “predatory capitalism.” Opprobrium is more aptly directed at government and labeled “asymmetrical socialized capitalism,” defined as: I make a bet. If I win, I win, you get nothing, but if I lose, you get the bill.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm,

Mr. Butler,

Believe it or not, I completely agree with you. I just said it differently!

16. On October 15, 2011 at 2:19 pm,
    Clay says:

Peter Grandich was right on all things he said. Well said Peter.

Al, I am so glad and not surprised to see that you now understand that Taxes is not the solution to US Government problems because no amount of taxes even if it were 100% of everything everybody earns or makes would solve the government debt. Fact is the Governments, and I use that in plural, are bankrupt and will go bankrupt in this accelerating order along with a loss of order accordingly, 1st the Cities, 2nd then the Counties and Municipalities, 3rd the States and finally, 4th the Federal Government. How the States handle bankruptcy of the cities and municipalities will determine their outcome, and how the Federal Government handles the State bankruptcies will determine its fate. As this proceeds far enough, which will with present politicians and people in government offices result in a fail safe national point where the US separates into separate nations. I do not think a civil war will ensue because there will not be enough unity to engage in one. Some revolution type fighting will happen, but this will be revolution not civil.

I do not want to see these things happen, but it will if people in America do not stop their madness.

• On October 15, 2011 at 3:36 pm,
      cfs2000 says:

I guess I disagree slightly about the cause of Friday’s rise. I believe it was European problems again with the collapse of the Dexia deal and nothing or little to do with US employment data.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:31 pm,

Hi cfs,

I still think that to even a small extent bad economic news will always play a role.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:30 pm,

Hi Clay,

My comment regarding taxes was and continues to be centered around the following: First of all, more than 52% of the population should be paying taxes of some sort. Secondly, I believe that a flat tax is the answer. You make a billion dollars and you pay 15%. You make over $60K and you pay 15%.

Why doesn’t that make sense?

• On October 17, 2011 at 3:56 pm,
        Clay says:

Al, I do agree. It is absolutely wrong that so many are not paying any taxes at all, and I think it is way more than 52%. In any case a flat tax is more fair, but aside from what is fair or not taxes are not going to solve the Government problems, not right away until everyone pays taxes. And that is the chicken or the the egg problem, because the Government will never have politicians who do the right thing when the majority can vote for a living instead of working for one. That is why bankruptcy of governments, banks and the Fed is going to happen even if it takes years.

17. On October 15, 2011 at 2:19 pm,
    Bud says:

Trader Rog: I’ve been a Trader Tracker for about a year and find your thoughts, advice, tips and training invaluable. When you write the book, I’ll be first in line to buy it. Just hurry, the Huns are at the door.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm,

Hi Bud,

I guarantee that you will be right behind me! (Unless you can run faster.)

18. On October 15, 2011 at 2:25 pm,
    Karen says:

Hi Al,

Congratulations to you and your family of your daughters marriage and best wishes to the bride and groom!
    The Wall Street group is the product of American School system which has an agenda of dumbing down of America. They are incapable of thinking for themselves or cleaning up after themselves. Their behavior is both irrational and ignorant, protesting for bigger government which is the very thing that caused their unemployment. To top it off some of them are being paid by the working family party which is a communits group. Here is the add:

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm,

HI Karen,

The young folks at the wedding were a real treat to be around. They are mostly graduates of schools like DePauw, Dartmouth, Yale, etc. They all realize the importance of working hard work and, believe it or not, are all pretty conservative.

Heard absolutely no complaining about having to pay back loans, etc.

It was a real treat for me,

19. On October 15, 2011 at 2:40 pm,
    Tex says:

BIG Al and Rog,

Thanks for the intro to tech. I see that Bud is already in line for the first copy. I’ll take the second!

20. On October 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm,
    Big Al Martin says:

Problem is Wall Street OWNS Washington. Protesting Washington is akin to complaining to the workers and not the manager. It’s futile! It’s time the true directors of this disaster are targeted. (just my opinion)

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:36 pm,

Mr. Martin,

I am totally on your side.

21. On October 15, 2011 at 5:41 pm,
    cfs2000 says:

I have reminded members of this blog that the center of corruption is Illinois and that the last 5 out of 6 Governors of Illinois have gone to jail for corruption. (Or is it 6 out of 7?) Well the last on was Rod Blagojevich. The trial of one of his compadres is now under way:

Cellini’s trial will show how Acorn shook down people for contributions.
    Acorn was, of course, Obama’s group.
    Not wishing to upset Big Al, I will not describe my level of loathing for the Corruptor-in-chief.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm,

Common cfs,

You know that you are not going to upset me. Remember I did not vote for the man for what, I felt, were concrete and definable reasons.

I just don’t want to say that he is a criminal. I don’t believe that he is. I simply do not agree with his vision.

• On May 8, 2012 at 8:11 pm,
        Mmy says:

This is such great news! I was going to email you back but I will just leave a comment here. Thanks for the carema advice and I am sooooo bummed I will have to wait EVEN LONGER to have a session with you! Someday we will have some E F originals gracing our walls! Until then, take care! I’m so excited about baby #5 for you guys!!! What an adventure:)

22. On October 16, 2011 at 10:45 am,
    cfs2000 says:

2010, the federal government collected $2.2 trillion in tax revenue and spent north of $2.5 trillion just on those three programs– already $300 billion in the hole. Everything else– the post office, Homeland Security, the FAA, the FDIC, even the light bill at the White House– is funded by debt.
    That includes the most peculiar debt-funded item– interest on the debt. The US government has to borrow money just to pay interest on the money it has already borrowed. This is unsustainable, it’s simple arithmetic.
    Simon Black in Sovereign Man

• On October 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm,
      cfs2000 says:

Three items were: defense, social security and medicare that cost $300 billion already over revenue.
      Sorry for the omission.

• On October 16, 2011 at 8:24 pm,
      John W. Robertson says:

Using stats for ~ 2008 (which I don’t have in front of me, so I’m going by memory), ~75% of the Federal budget is on auto-pilot spending. Congress need not even show up, and 75% of the budget is already spent for them. The only thing they can deliberate is how to spend that last 25%…except today, with $1.3 trillion deficits instead of a $400 billion deficit in 2008, it’s more like the last 40%, all of which itself is borrowed. I’m not sure about your 2010 figure for collected tax of $2.2 trillion…I had though it was only $1.9 trillion due to the shrinking tax base. Then again, can we really believe any statistics anymore??

In 1993, 35% of Canada’s collected tax revenues for that year were being used to pay interest on the national debt. It wasn’t well publicized. Before the internet, people actually had to wait for such figures to be 1. reported by the news, and 2. reported accurately. It was a dirty little secret, but it was one of the chief reasons Canada got its house in order, before any commodity boom or even before the end of the stock market bubble of the 90′s. They had to. It hurts to say this, but the Canadian Liberal government lead very well in this regard (now don’t get me started on the Chretien and Martin scandals).

Spending 30%+ of tax revenues on interest payments seems to be the danger level for countries. That seems to be the point that borrowing money for a nation starts becoming too expensive. I know the US is not quite there yet, but close. It’s hard to nail down an exact percentage. The interest paid on the debt in FY2010 was $414 billion. Using this, we can figure that:

* The budget for FY2010 was around $3.7 trillion, so, $414B / $3.7T = 11% of budget spent on interest. But over 40% of that budget was a national cash advance. So…

* Taking the $2.2T of tax collections cfs2000 mentions, $414B of interest payments is 18.8% of collected tax revenues. But, I personally wasn’t sure tax collections were even that high, so…

* Taking the $1.9T of tax collections I mention, that’s an eye-straining 21.8% of collected tax revenues spent on interest payments. That’s as of 2010.

Interestingly, there are websites that say the % of interest to debts in the FY2010 budget was 5%. No wonder Nancy Pelosi thinks there’s enough money. If anyone really believes the US is only blowing 5% of it’s budget on debt interest payments, well, never mind. Ignorance can at times be bliss.

Of course, the above numbers do not figure the additional budget deficit borrowing that took place in 2010, 2011 and what will be coming up for 2012. They also were for spectacularly low 2% interest rates (10 year) 4% rates (over 30 years). If interest rates should rise 3 or 4%, that’s going to have a fast and dramatic effect, even without further declines in tax collections, which would almost certainly occur with rising rates. Also, none of this considers the tricks and magic show put on by the Fed which would make Houdini jealous. Huge debt refinancings, most of which is being bought by the Fed itself or hidden within it’s massive $2 trillion of assets that it added in late 2008 and never explained to anyone, are not counted. Sign me up if the Federal Reserve ever issues credit cards to consumers…I’ll never have to pay it off because my debt ‘doesn’t count’.

• On October 16, 2011 at 10:26 pm,
        cfs2000 says:

I believe the Fed now has $16trillion in extra debt assets lent out in the last few years.

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:42 pm,

HI John W,

Let me guess you used to teach at UBC?

You have more information at your fingertips than anyone I know.

Keep em coming,

• On October 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm,
          John W. Robertson says:

I run a small consulting LLC out of AZ. Thanks for the kind comment. The need to dig out facts is a skill learned by necessity for report prep, and of course, my own prognostications. I used to subscribe to some special (and expensive) sources from Asia, the EU, UN and others…just cannot keep up with it all.

Of course, your KER website continues to blossom with a disproportionately high number of talented bloggers. I’d also like to add my own thanks to Roger, who is giving us some pretty amazing deep background for free everyday. There’s nothing quite like KER anywhere else on the web.

• On October 17, 2011 at 2:12 pm,

HI John W,

I truly appreciate your kind works. We do try really hard!

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm,

Well, duh!

I mean, I miss a bunch of morgage payments – I loose my house. When I used to finance my cars, when I missed a few payments, the car went away.

I mean, common, why is our government any different!?

23. On October 16, 2011 at 11:06 am,
    cfs2000 says:

Once upon a time our leaders were honest and brave, and the Republic flourished. But nowadays the virtues of the founding fathers have given way to corruption. The Republic is experiencing political and economic turmoil. Some even argue that it has entered terminal decline and will soon be supplanted by upstart rivals from the East. If they wish to avoid this dark fate, the citizens of the Republic must rediscover their ancient virtue.

Thus spoke Marcus Cicero some 2050 years ago.
    (Plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose!)

• On October 16, 2011 at 8:30 pm,
      John W. Robertson says:

Didn’t you mean Also Sprach Obama??

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm,
      Al Korelin says:

Corrupt or completely self-centered?

• On May 8, 2012 at 5:40 pm,
        Leandro says:

The nightly you are leliky running is 4.0b8pre since the tree on Beta 7 build was closed earlier this week. Beta 7 should be out sometime in November. possibly as early as this coming week. RC1 is leliky what won’t be until December.

24. On October 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm,

SUNDAY NITE NEWS….HAS ANYONE NOTICED…….SILVER TO GOLD RATIO 52 to 1
    something is about to happen…

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm,

Oh year!

25. On October 16, 2011 at 1:35 pm,
    Hertha says:

By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.

- John Maynard Keynes, Economic Consequences of Peace

Yes Roger You should write Book you are ” Rock Star ” of technical analysis
    and I’m your number one customer

• On October 17, 2011 at 1:56 pm,

Hi Hertha,

I could not agree with you more.

26. On October 16, 2011 at 2:15 pm,
    DENIS FREY says:

YES ROGER I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THAT TECH. ANAYL. BOOK IF ITS UNDER 100 PAGES.

27. On October 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm,
    Dagen Stoecker says:

Thanks for the info about Rye Patch Gold. From what I read online, looks like Kinross has a huge part of the company also. Something like 60% of the shares are owned by insiders, Kinross and other big investors.
    The price seems really cheap especially when you look at the prices of other mining shares with less gold/silver.
    Thanks
    Dagen

• On October 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm,
      Al Korelin says:

Not investment advice from me! I do like this company personally.

Thanks for your response,

• On May 7, 2012 at 12:47 am,
        Rani says:

leo, era per dire che nfs gi una serie che perde i colpi su tutte le piattaforme, se poi si moentto a centellinare anche i poligoni senza sviluppare un sistema di controllo degno del wii, continuer a giocare burnout su pc ed excite truck su wii.

28. On October 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm,
    ms.pm.trader says:

AL, or the other listeners.

Please post a direct link to Grant Williams (“Things That Make You Go Hmmmm”) newsletter. Not much direct luck when you google it.

Thank you, great show as always.

• On October 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm,

I will as this guy puts out some really valuable stuff.

Al

29. On October 17, 2011 at 8:04 am,

Al,
    what about having BOB MORIETY(321 GOLD) back,,,to speak….
    I know some of the listeners from the past ,,PO BOB (not meaning mailed)
    but, he did have some good info and a great call on silver parabolic move…
    You might mentionto him, that some of the listeners do read Bob’s 321,(along with yours of course),and think he is a great listento,call it like he sees it type guy…(no BS) not british solvern
    thanks

• On October 17, 2011 at 8:07 am,
      Jerry says:

ps..hope everything went well with the wedding

• On October 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm,

Hi Jerry,

Thanks man, it could not have gone better.

• On October 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm,
          Jerry says:

hay, What about “BOB”,,,(wasnt that a movie?)

30. On October 17, 2011 at 11:09 am,
    • On October 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm,

Hi cfs,

I have not heard this, but I am not at all surprised if it is true.

31. On October 17, 2011 at 11:12 am,
    cfs2000 says:

Drop in gold today was american arranged……..they had to wait until London closed!

• On October 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm,

Sad, but probably true.

Thanks,

• On May 6, 2012 at 11:54 am,
        Meylin says:

Avendolo gi giocato sapervo in un progetto totalmente nuovo SPOILER GIGANTE ma sono cos fessi da mettere tra gli screen la boss battle finale?