Weekend Show – Sat 18 Feb, 2012

California Resource Investment Conference: Indian Wells

In this show Al discusses:

Al KorelinBrent CookGreg McCoachFrank BarberaDavid MorganJohn Kaiser
Rhylin BailieOscar CarboniMarshall BerolRay Navis
View related posts on:

Comments:
  1. On February 18, 2012 at 6:20 am,
    Jerry O^OTB says:

segment 7…OSCAR WILL NOT WIN ANY” AWARDS “FOR ECONOMIC PREDICTION.
    ……THE ONLY REASON THERE IS MORE GAMBLING,(this is not sound investing)
    IS BECAUSE UNEMPLOYED,RETIRED MEN HAVE GIVEN UP ON LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR INCOME,THERE ARE MORE BABY BOOMERS RETIRING AT 10,000 PER DAY, WHAT ELSE DO THEY HAVE TO DO WITH THEIR TIME, BESIDES GO TO THE CRAP TABLE AND GIVE LIFE ONE MORE SHOT AT WINNING IT BIG BEFORE THEY EVAPORATE INTO DUST.

OSCAR IS IN THE CORRECT STATE AND PLACE, HE IS SURROUNDED
    BY GAMBLERS…HIS THINKING IS LIMITED TO HIS SURROUNDINGS.
    .HE IS JUST NOT IN A GOOD STATE OF MIND.

SORRY THERE WILL BE NO …”OSCAR AWARE” presented to him for his outlook.

2. On February 18, 2012 at 6:38 am,
    Bobby says:

Jerry,
    WOW, you are starting to sound like me!
    I want some of what this guy is smoking. He has been looking at paper and charts too long, should look outside of vegas to see what is really going on.
    I just do not buy his commentary, except for his Nat Gas ideas…..something worth a good hard look IMO.

• On February 18, 2012 at 6:45 am,
      James B - Montreal says:

Not only outside of Vegas but alos Detroit, Gary, Indian, Cleveland,,,
      I am not an American but this video is a must see:

I can list the groups to blame for this but for sure, the USA must retreat from the idea of military empire and financial aid.

Too many Americans living in poverty. How could POTUS Obama even consider $800,000,000 to finance the Arab Spring movement?

• On February 18, 2012 at 10:16 am,

HI James B,

I could not agree with you more. Our government is simply not sticking to its knitting!

Best,

Big Al

• On February 18, 2012 at 7:58 am,
      Jerry O^OTB says:

bobby….”all great minds think alike”…..
      {I have to be careful with that statement,,, you know” pride cometh before the fall”}
      but,still , you are great company to have….

• On February 18, 2012 at 10:17 am,

HI In the Box,

I agree with your sentiments completely!

Big Al

• On February 18, 2012 at 10:14 am,

Hi Bobby and Jerry,

I happen to agree with both of you.

Remember though, the name of the game is to listen to ideas from all.

Thanks for the comments,

Big Al

• On February 18, 2012 at 10:21 am,
        Jerry O^OTB says:

AL….thanks for allowing us the opportunity to rant, and you are correct 100%
        (on the listen to ideas)

• On February 18, 2012 at 11:14 am,
          Bobby says:

I agree, I am not going to get upset again.

• On February 18, 2012 at 12:34 pm,

Hey man,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting upset. Big Al does it all the time!

Little Al

• On June 15, 2012 at 9:17 pm,
            Karolina says:

:Outstanding article not to meoitnn very easy towards realize explanation. How do I just do receiving permission towards submit element of this content with my future news letter? Giving suitable consumer credit rating back to you typically the author not to meoitnn link in the web site would not be considered trouble.

3. On February 18, 2012 at 6:39 am,
    DENIS FREY says:

AL,

“SHOPPING EVENTS”, THATS A FUNNY.
    YOU MUST BE THINKING ABOUT THE LITTLE BLOND LADY.

• On February 18, 2012 at 10:18 am,

Hi Denis,

Yep, I must have been!

Big Al

4. On February 18, 2012 at 8:05 am,
    Jerry O^OTB says:

bobby…..I” BET”…OSCAR HAS SOME REAL ESTATE TO DUMP ON SOME DUMMYs,
    ONE OF THOSE” PUMP AND DUMP “INVESTMENT DEALS

• On February 18, 2012 at 8:09 am,
      Jerry O^OTB says:

bobby…..JOHN….should send OSCAR the web site zillow.com..to check out
      in the surrounding states, maybe the entire usa map…maybe the entire globe.

5. On February 18, 2012 at 9:23 am,
    Bobby says:

Jerry,
    I typed and deleted 3 different comments today only to bite my tongue.

6. On February 18, 2012 at 10:19 am,

Hi Bobby,

Forget about biting your tongue, please!

Big Al

• On February 18, 2012 at 11:16 am,
      Bobby says:

Al, I am trying to be as upbeat as you are! I keep on focusing on the negative. It really effects my fishing.

• On February 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm,

Hey Bobby,

Don’t let anything upset your fishing.

Big Al

7. On February 18, 2012 at 10:37 am,
    Marc says:

Big AL,
    “IGNORANTLY DANGEROUS!”…..that is classic….just CLASSIC! I was just laughin my a___ off. BTW, I am right there with you. That is one of the major reasons I ran up to Palm Springs to meet a lot of you folks in person. I AM NOT into “investing/gambling”. I am into making informed, deliberate decisions based on facts and figures. I will admit that hunches do come into play and I do have feelings and play those too. But, our state of economic malaise and problems FORCES fairly conservative investors like me to WAKE UP and start making decisions BASED on the economic REALITY we are in. – HENCE, Gold, silver bullion and natural resource companies – end of story!
    All the best,
    Marc
    BTW, I share your political outlook 100%.

• On February 18, 2012 at 12:36 pm,

Many thanks for the comments, Marc,

Big Al

8. On February 18, 2012 at 10:38 am,
    Larrry says:

Wow! that is the most bullish comments I have heard from David Morgan on Silver. He gets more credibility for his comments as he doesn’t always come out in support of silver going up in almost parabolic fashion. Thanks for the interview Al.

• On February 18, 2012 at 12:37 pm,

HI Larry,

David is a good guy to interview and a good friend.

Big Al

9. On February 18, 2012 at 12:02 pm,
    Marc says:

Big Al and everybody-
    There is a GREAT article on kitco regarding central banks: CENTRAL BANKS INCREASED THEIR GOLD HOLDINGS BY 500% – source: I stock analyst. They make the great analogy that what if – “You saw all of your fellow employees at, lets say a Ford Motor plant, buying Toyotas for their own personal driving choice (for themselves AND family) – What would you conclude? You got it! There is a competing “product” out there that is much better to own. The Toyota is either undervalued, superior for the use it is intended, etc., etc. Those knuckleheads (central bankers) are now buying an asset at $1,500 plus NOW – that they were selling and dumping with great frequency years ago at 300/oz. Boy, how things can change. Absolute insanity if you ask me! I bookmarked this page for future reference for all naysayers out there. BTW, these are probably the same guys that – in a previous lifetime- – told all the passengers on the TITANIC- that the ship WASNT sinking – as they hurriedly jumped into the lifeboats to save their own butts. 🙂
    All the best,
    Marc

• On February 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm,

HI Marc,

This was on LeMetropole Cafe (the GATA site) I believe yesterday. Thank you for bringing it up.

Got to go watch the Huskies play Arizona. It’s on now.

Big Al

• On May 8, 2012 at 11:28 pm,
        Aries says:

:*There are certainly a lot of dlitaes like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

• On February 18, 2012 at 2:50 pm,
      impeachemall says:

As you are not Mr. B from Canada, you might want to consider the conspiracy theory that the gold sellers at 300/oz. weren’t necessarily knuckleheads. Most aspiring politicians have an acute sense of what’s useful for their careers, even if it later proves expensive. The following is from http://www.321gold.com/editorials/schoon/schoon021512.html

However, much to the shock of Goldman Sachs and the central bankers, in 1999 gold stopped falling; and, because Goldman Sachs’ short position was so large, Goldman possibly could suffer catastrophic losses.

This is when England’s then Chancellor of the Exchequer, Gordon Brown, on May 8, 1999 announced England would sell over 50% of its gold reserves, 415 tons of the most precious metal on earth at the very bottom of the market.

The decision to sell England’s gold thereby saved Goldman Sachs and insured the political future of Gordon Brown. Goldman Sachs’ is still in business and Gordon Brown is now [2009] the Prime Minister of England – proving that good things come to those who do the bidding of the powerful (whether either outcome was worth 415 tons of England’s gold is questionable).

• On February 18, 2012 at 3:23 pm,
        Marc says:

Impeachemail-
        Point taken, thanks
        Marc

• On February 19, 2012 at 1:45 pm,

HI impeachemall,

I agree regarding “impeach them all” by the way!

Very interesting comments about Goldman and the UK.

Big Al

• On February 19, 2012 at 1:55 pm,
          Jerry O^OTB says:

DITTO

10. On February 19, 2012 at 6:48 pm,

Big Al;
    Re: Southern Arc.
    In its last reincarnation SA was touting itself a an iron ore company in Indonesia, with what I thought at the time were excellent resources (in 2006).
    What happened to those resources?

11. On April 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm,
    SA Shareholder says:

Hi Al,

How much money does a company like Southern Arc Minerals spend to be sponsored on your website?

Have you ever has a discussion with John Proust?

Are you still on good terms with Bob Moriarty?

Thank You.