Weekend Show – Sat 2 Nov, 2013

Two round table emotional discussions

Hour 1:

Hour 2:

Some of the discussions get a bit more emotional than usual this week. Can you really blame our guests with some of the current events?

Hour 1: We discuss investing with John Proust, President of New Zealand Energy & CEO of Southern Arc Minerals, Jeff Pontius, CEO of Corvus Gold and John Kaiser, founder of Kaiser Research Online.

• Segment 1 – We cover the conventional markets.
  • Segments 2 and 3 – We cover the resource markets.
  • Segment 4 – We cover personal reasons for each of our involvements in the resource sector.

Hour 2: We discuss, what else politics with Marshall Berol of the Encompass Fund, Richard Postma, Rick Ackerman of Rick’s Picks and Glen Downs, Chief of Staff to Congressman Walter Jones.

• Segment 5 and 6 – We deal with the recent actions of the NSA.
  • Segments 7 and 8 – Try as hard as we could Cory and I could not help but discuss the recent success of the ACA.

We hope you enjoy this week’s show!

Al KorelinCory FleckJohn ProustJeff PontiusJohn KaiserMarshall Berol
Richard PostmaRick AckermanGlen Downs

Comments:
  1. On November 2, 2013 at 1:47 am,
    Bird Man says:

Desensitized……man that is the key word. This all seems normal all of a sudden.

• On November 2, 2013 at 7:33 am,

Strange definition of “normal”, Bird.

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:16 am,
        franky says:

You all don’t know the world you LIVE IN ! Empire country the USA is brainwaschte as the hitler germany and you ALL Denali diss ! YO ARE SLAVES !

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:16 am,
        Bird Man says:

It was sarcasm of course!

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:19 am,
        • On November 2, 2013 at 1:31 pm,

Really!

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:04 pm,
            Bird Man says:

Yes of course, Al. That was sarcasm saying all seems normal. It was Rick who noted that we have been tested and desensitized by all the info overload. We are becoming numb to all the NSA spying and so many other issues. The public has just turned its collective brain off and become complacent. They are neither dissillusioned nor even angry. I thought it was a really interesting remark he made because it hits close to the bone. In a way it reminded me of how violence in movies has become so normal nobody even stresses about it anymore. Back when I was a kid I recall we used to get nightmares over pretty mild stuff that TV was dishing out. Now the most outrageous of video crimes barely register a remark never mind affecting ratings.

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:25 am,
        franky says:

diss is your show ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHBAnPsr6U !!!!!!!!

• On November 2, 2013 at 6:33 pm,
          Ann says:

Isn’t that the truth, regarding the nightmares!! I find it odd that my great niece and nephew ages 7 and 5 sleep in the same bed with my niece.Maybe partly to do with what they are watching

• On November 3, 2013 at 3:05 am,

• On November 3, 2013 at 3:12 am,

and you to !

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:01 am,

Of course it is!

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:00 am,

I guess all I can say is that everyone makes mistakes!

• On November 8, 2013 at 10:52 am,

o

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:52 pm,
        SD Marc says:
        • On November 2, 2013 at 2:00 pm,

agree SD marc tanks

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:42 am,

day talk dare book ! car’vol !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOuEWEnVfpw

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:03 am,

Interesting, was that staged or impromptu?

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:42 am,
      franky says:

AL and all on the show luke diss YOU GENERATION http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFZ1QIEoUo !

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:05 am,

Franky,

It may be my generation (and certainly others), but it is definitely not me.

I will put together an editorial on this shortly as I think it is very important.

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:37 pm,
      JERRY the Long..................O^OTB says:

bird ….left you a comment about 4 post back………

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:09 pm,
        Bird Man says:

Caught it, Jerry. Very interesting. We both come from a long line of early pioneers. My branch of the family only got Canadianized in the 1920’s. Gran had a hankering for a canuck boy I suppose and that was that.

2. On November 2, 2013 at 4:28 am,
    Andrew de Berry (Rev) says:

Segs 2-4 fascinating thankyou! The true 49ers spirit is what we need in these Orwellian times!

• On November 2, 2013 at 7:29 am,

I have found that spirit in the industry that I am proud to be a part of, Reverend!

• On November 2, 2013 at 7:38 am,
        Andrew de Berry (Rev) says:

As you said Al it’s what true entrepreneurism is all about, A

3. On November 2, 2013 at 6:07 am,
    xlurkr says:

1) The extent of the NSA surveillance is ‘game over’ for democracy. That much surveillance – whatever the pretext for it – transfers ultimate power from elected officials into the hands of the “people with the information”: the security establishment, related parties, (and anyone with sufficient money to influence them).

They’ll be (or already are) in a position where they can get leverage over *anyone* via: legal threats, harassment, blackmail or indirectly via various other strategies (blackmail/legal threats against relatives, legal officials, journalists/editors, providing sensitive information to business partners/competitors; they’re pretty inventive).

J Edgar Hoover cubed (at least). You might feel able to speak freely now, but for how long?

2) Merkel & the other ‘aggrieved’ politicians will have guessed or been informed that they were subject to surveillance pretty soon after Snowden’s initial revelations. It won’t have taken months to get an answer. They’ve certainly complained via diplomatic channels. They’ve gone public because:
    a) they consider the private US diplomatic response inadequate given their perception of the US’s current standing on the world stage* &/
    b) to distract their domestic political audiences from internal (/EU) problems.

* I think this could stem from a huge gulf that seems to have opened between the international perception of the US and Washington’s policy elites. Much of the rest of the world now sees the US as a crumbling empire: insolvent, run by dysfunctional political classes, looted by its corporations and perhaps shortly likely to be engaged in dealing with domestic dissent. In short much less able to continue the military intervention necessary to keep the world ‘in line’.

In a ZIRP+QE world, the monetary carrot (a positive real return) is replaced with a disincentive. That leaves the stick. International law depends on multilateral institutions, and the Merkel etc comments suggest the US ability to ‘coordinate’ them is likely severely diminished.

This really only leaves military force as *the* maintaining the dollar’s reserve status. The paradox: only continuation of the dollar’s reserve status can allow continued military dominance (at least alongside the outrageous fiscal profligacy US interest groups are addicted to). Sure Bernanke/Yellen will print, but if they keep printing, it won’t buy much, and a modern army runs on its gas tank. (The shale oil/LNG might keep the wheels spinning for a bit, but it’s a finite resource up against a economic/financial systems that need exponential growth to stand still; thanks Mr Martenson.)

Maybe I’m a bit slow, but for me the failure to intervene in Syria was the first clear indication the dollar-reserve-status/military-dominance spiral was broken. (Why else was the administration was so set on intervention in the first place?)

The recent Saudi comments reinforce that impression…

• On November 2, 2013 at 8:37 am,
      Brian says:

Outstanding comments.

I just don’t know when (or if) the majority of Americans will finally understand the “Arc of America” and where the country is headed. Most Americans I know seem oblivious to anything unless it effects them directly; in fact, critical thinking skills seem to be almost non-existent (and these are highly educated people I am talking about).

On the other hand, the Canadians I know REALLY understand what is happening to the south; almost all would completely agree with your comments.

• On November 2, 2013 at 8:58 am,
        Dennis M. O'Neil says:

The awkward disclosures of the NSA and the Lois Lerner Tea Party affair served two strategic purposes.
        1) They took headlines away from Benghazi
        2) They warned everyone that their deepest darkest secret was not at all a secret anymore.
        Remember the sudden destruction of Petraeus.

All the walls have ears and if you think they do not you are done.

These violations of decency deliver us to the devilish realm of devastation decay.

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:33 am,

Great comment, Dennis M!

• On November 2, 2013 at 9:31 am,
        b says:

Hi Brian.

Im in Canada, the people I know and meet, have as little idea and are as poorly educated about what is happening as the Americans.
        I havnt met anyone that understands the federal reserve for example. I have explained it to many people and givin them u tubes to continue with.

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:44 am,

That has not been my personal experience, B!

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:07 am,
            Ann says:

I would have to completely agree with B. Big Al, is it possible your positive experience with us Canadians is because of the people you interact with, people in the same “field” as you?

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:32 am,

Sometimes we find it difficult to see the forest through the trees!

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:21 am,
        Ann says:

Brian, that’ awesome that your circle of friends understand whats going on in the USA,far from it in my circle, sadly most,…not a clue!!

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:33 pm,

To answer you question regarding people in the same field – you are probably correct Ann.

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:06 am,
      Dennis F. Brophy says:

I too think you have made – an outstanding comment. But I`m happy that the U.S. didn`t attack Syria, and that the Saudi comments are/could very well be an out right lie, made to order to give Obama time, a divide and conquer scheme for Obama to make a separate peace with Iran, and give Iran what they want with an accord to take Syria out of the equation. – Obama `wants it all`, he wants Iran, Syria, he wants what his Bankster friends want, but Obama wants title deed to Saudi Arabia for his Muslim conquest of Africa. Obama is a power hungry, thinking like a banker for his long range plan after the White House experience. Yet he may very well be what Dennis M. O`Neil had said in an earlier comment after Obama may very well be our last President of the United States` since Obama`s got power now to become our ruler for all our lives to come. The Banksters promise to that general Butler, now with Obama doing their bidding `now`. –

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:34 pm,

Man, I really hope that you are wrong, Dennis F!

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:07 pm,
        b says:

Dennis, a friend of mine predicted that Obama would be our last president the first time he was elected. I couldnt figure that at the time, but now, he is purging the military. It is a step by step facism thing happening, Obama as the next “divine dictater” could be for real. Definatly possible, nobody does anything to stop it.
        We shall see I guess.

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:43 pm,

Yep, of course we shall see.

I don’t see the majority of us rolling over!

• On November 2, 2013 at 4:08 pm,
            b says:

Hi Al,
            I believe people are “rollong over” as we speak. The way facism takes its hold is a process, not an event. (there are “events” looked at by history students tho)
            The process has been happening for years in the states. I dont even see anyone other than G Celente,PC Roberts and Alex Jones acknowledging it.
            Probly others I dont know about tho.

4. On November 2, 2013 at 7:33 am,
    SILVER MAN says:

AL, THE PRESIDENT COULD CARE LESS FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. HIS AGENDA IS ANTI AMERICAN. HIS INTENTIONS ARE NOT POSITIVE FOR OUR COUNTRY.

• On November 2, 2013 at 7:45 am,

Silver Man,

I am convinced that the president’s agenda is really simple, “A big government taking care of all the people”.

If I were a black man married to a woman who, in her late thirties, said that this was the first time in her life that she was proud to be an American I would probably feel the same way.

Anti-American agenda is true depending on how a person defines the term.

If you go by the Constitution to define the term, I would have to say that you are correct in my mind. I grew up with the Constitution and I still believe in it.

I have a “friend” who is convinced that the Constitution is a document that needs to evolve and that American society is in need of a government that takes care of the people.

Do I agree with this person? Absolutely not.

He is a guy who grew up in a wealthy household and really never had to work a day in his life. (Although he did including a stint working in his Dad’s business.)

It is very easy for people like this to have this type of philosophy.

It would have been interesting to have asked someone like Barbara Streisand, when she was in her 30’s, 40’s, 50’s or even today, if she was willing to give up all of her material possessions to help the less fortunate.

I have to idea how she would respond. Do you?

5. On November 2, 2013 at 7:33 am,

Appreciate you thoughts xlurkr.

We are in the midst of very confusing times, at least to me.

Thank God the ability to be critical still exists!

• On November 2, 2013 at 7:37 am,
      Dick Tracy says:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/02/food-stamps-cuts-food-banks/3356667/ And Now this, food stamp benefits were cut to 47 million Americans on friday, that is not rocket science. DT

• On November 2, 2013 at 7:47 am,

What do you mean by the term “rocket science” in this context?

• On November 2, 2013 at 9:24 am,
      xlurkr says:

Al – I wonder whether the freedom to be critical depends upon not being perceived to matter?

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:34 pm,

Of course it does!

6. On November 2, 2013 at 8:57 am,
    b says:

Al, mentions that maybe the government has been lying to people.

I think thats really the point of 911, a big lie. like the bay of tonkin, the pearl harhour story,Lusitania etc etc etc.
    Jesse Ventura at least attempts to show those truths to people.

I find interesting the world put up with the americans killing many presedents,
    Dr Mohammad Mossadegh (1953) Jacob Guzman(1954),Jamie Aguilera(1981)
    Omar Torrijos(1981) etc etc
    The world puts up with the americans installing torturers and murderers
    The Shaw,Marcos,Pinochete etc etc
    Invasions and attempted invasions on lies as Chavez Hussein etc etc.

Now drones, Mach 5 in lower orbit they can do. I cant wait for the small ones that move around cities at 20 feet and talk to people. The new AI inteligence takes all responsibility from polititians too. They love that idea.Those things are coming.
    HELLLLOOO!!!!

Yet he thing that irritates the world is being spyed upon. go figure (last straw maybe)
    Geez even the fractional reserve banking doesnt bother them and that as anyone has looked into enslaves pretty much everybody. no problem there.

The police state kills there own citizens,outright and poisons water slowly,makes women be stripped searched on the sides of roads checkpoints at every airport and more money spent on the elusive “terrorists” even when people have a much bigger chance of being attacked from peanut allergies.

There are now more people on food stamps than there are with full time employment.

Have the people been lied to? Are they being lied to?
    The psychopaths are right, too few can figure it out and the rest cant be bothered.

But maybe the rest of the world are starting to realise. Took them long enough.

It is a facist police state that has been formed, Snowden,Manning and Assange have just shouted out yet another warning. The americans dont care, barely notice and do zilch. Most that do notice believe those guys are traitors.
    People here think they care? No offence but how many talked about it in their church last sunday? How many talked to anyone about it?

I believe it was M. Twain (could be wrong) “to start with, patriots are hated, after awhile when its easier the timid get on side”. (something like that)

Is the government lieing to you? The question should be ” can we believe just one single word they say?”

Cant remember who noticed and mentioned it first, but we get the government we deserve. oh well.

Well, some of these topics are discussed here, and thats a good thing.
    Now, how can I make a buck off it?
    Another good show Al and thanks everyone.

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:36 am,

I would like to leave it at “Well, some of these topics are discussed here, and that’s a good thing”.

By the way, you have some good points.

7. On November 2, 2013 at 9:53 am,
    b says:

SDBullion has learned from industry contacts that the US Mint alerted its Primary Dealers Thursday that The Mint is halting its weekly allocation of 2013 Silver Eagles, and will be suspending all sales of ASEs for 4 weeks!

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:10 am,
      Irwin says:

Just done listening to Martin Armstrong; – he’s insisting that gold must bottom below $1,000. Even if one believes it to be true, I think it would be a mistake to have expectations of actually buying any gold coin or bar at that price; I doubt there will be any available.

Armstrong’s interview will be at CKNW.com – audio vault – Sat Nov 2nd, at 9 a.m.

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:32 am,
        b says:

Ive mentioned that to a few people Irwin, unlilely to get your hands on physical at $1000. Might play havoc with shares tho.
        Once it hit $1000, then we see if it goes to $500 etc as well.

The big question is “sell and rebuy or hold”, close our eyes maybe, roller coasters always scared the daylights outa me. lol

• On November 2, 2013 at 12:36 pm,
          Irwin says:

My plan is to stick with the plan, which is to have a fixed % allocated to PMs at all times.

The problem with predictions like Armstrong makes is, what if he’s wrong by $50? Fifty bucks is nothing in the price of gold, but I’m sure there are some disciples who have sold everything already and are waiting for $1k. To his credit, Armstrong gave a fairly big window for gold to bottom – he expects it to be in early 2014 but could be in 2015 in a worst case scenario.

• On November 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm,
            Bird Man says:

Sorry Irwin…..can I ask where the current link to the Armstrong show is? The CKNW show is for tomorrow but you have been listening elsewhere I gather. If you have a moment I am interested in hearing it.

• On November 2, 2013 at 10:37 am,

Thanks for the link, Irwin.

• On November 2, 2013 at 4:16 pm,
        b says:

Thanks for the link Irwin. Funny how more and more people are saying gold could go below a thousand now, how much below is the question.

Karen Hudes might be correct about all that gold in Hawii, Eric Sprott would finaly have his answer as to “where is the gold coming from?”

• On November 2, 2013 at 8:03 pm,
          Bird Man says:

I have a gold bottom call of 968.00 that I am sticking with. Truth is, I worry it could go quite a bit lower depending on the future and unknown events.

• On November 3, 2013 at 4:56 am,
            Irwin says:

Jay Gallemore did a very good 40 minute audio detailing his long-term view of commodities. His range for gold is the ’08 low to the ’11 high.

He points out that many commodities are in their respective 50% retracement zones from 2011 highs, and that if 50% fails to stop the decline, it could get very ugly.

– Jay’s historic charts:

The audio, which should be available for a few days, can be accessed at:
            (remove the asterisk for link to work)

Scroll down to lower right and click on the “workshop” radio icon to hear audio.

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:10 am,

Maybe I am crazy Bird,

I still just can’t see $1000.

Time will certainly tell!

• On November 3, 2013 at 10:02 am,
            Bird Man says:

You have read my thoughts on the other thread Al. My opinion is that if commodities keep declining as they have been doing for most of the last 24 months that the trajectory of gold must also be down. Gold cannot perform well in a deflationary environment and so we should expect more losses lie ahead for the devotees who refuse to sell. I may have said this same thing ten times on your site already but it is worth repeating…….The daily chart on gold is damning. Prices have relentlessly cascaded down for months in a near unbroken path except for that brief period of hope that began in early July when we got a rough double bottom. I kept warning it was just a suckers bounce but the choir was not listening and as usual some guys got burnt again (even I became briefly enamoured with the rise but it was not to be). Look at it now. Right back in a bear market trendline. No change for the better. Gold is going down as sure as the sun sets and the moon rises. 968 here we come.

8. On November 2, 2013 at 10:18 am,
    Glen says:

As far as NSA spying goes. Snowden helped bring this subject to the mainstream. I believe that this spying has been around for a long time. The US wants this activity to be secret and not in the news. Now its out there, in the open. Trust in US government is now lower. My reaction is to avoid Facebook or social web pages. Pay for everything in cash. Stay off the phone. Be careful on the internet. And, to live outside the US. And, yes, Obama care is a boondoggle. We will all suffer because of it.

• On November 2, 2013 at 11:38 am,
      Dennis F. Brophy says:

Glen, outside the US, where is it safe, where will it be safe. Since the advent of Fukushima, all bets are off being safe anywhere. If not in the US, what about those nasty drones that kill terrorists, anyone commenting outside could be put into that camp very simply. Being dead could be safe, see what I mean, what harm can `they` do to me, `now`. Death is all in the waiting for it now, Fukushima is going to be killing everybody on the planet, most surely by 2014, 2015-2020, that`s a fact.

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:02 pm,
        Glen says:

I am not saying that where I live is safe. However, if you can, living outside of the US provides you with more privacy and freedom than living inside the US. You do have to be careful about your choice of living areas. Usually the best areas have the least amount of Gringo’s living there which may mean that the area you choose lacks infrastructure or is in some way, distasteful to the Gringo. I try not to be paranoid or worry about things I have no control over.

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm,

I don’t try not to be paranoid, I REFUSE to be paranoid over things I have no control over. (Maybe that’s why I drink good red wine!)

• On February 2, 2014 at 8:45 am,
      Chaudhary says:

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useufl & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

9. On November 2, 2013 at 10:53 am,
    b says:

Glen, I just gotta mention about cash. I been useing only cash now for some years.
    I was thinking that was the way to protect privacy.
    Now Ive read the government intends to put chips in every bill to watch where they go.
    So much for useing cash to protect privacy.

10. On November 2, 2013 at 12:20 pm,
    Markedtofuture says:

The reason everyone is confused is because we are playing one big shell game.
    The whole financial system is out of kilter. I found the following you tube video helpful in understanding, why it must change.
    The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind – Hidden Secrets Of Money
    It has over 900,000 views so far – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

• On November 2, 2013 at 12:38 pm,
      franky says:

nice tank u markedtofuture nice video !

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:13 pm,
        Markedtofuture says:

Franky, no problem. That is one of the most professionally done video, to date.

Ron Paul, Jim Rickards and Steve Forbes at the end, makes it very credible.
        Steve Forbes agrees, the system will change in the next few years? He is one of the 1% percents.

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:46 pm,

Certainly three very bright guys!

• On November 2, 2013 at 3:48 pm,
            Markedtofuture says:

Big Al they certainly are. I saw a video Jim Rickards – Economics and National Security – Dec 2010. He lectured about monetary war games at the Pentagon. It’s dated lengthy but worth it. This is before he wrote his book Currency Wars. The military brass in the audience were not happy about the bankers not going to jail.

Economics and National Security Lecture and Q&A Dec 7th 2010 Pentagon City, VA – Mr. James G. Rickards
            The Johns Hopkins University / Applied Physics Laboratory Sponsored : Rethinking the Future International Security Environment Seminar…..

• On November 2, 2013 at 4:25 pm,
            b says:

Speaking of Jim Rickards his next book is “the death of money”
            Ed Steer sent me an interview at Truman. sry no link.

“The world is getting closer to that end game every day,” says Rickards, who just finished writing the sequel to his bestselling Currency Wars.

• On November 2, 2013 at 3:27 pm,

yes Steve Forbes in joy’s !!!! yes

• On November 2, 2013 at 4:34 pm,
            franky says:

i agree EUROPE IS THE NEW SOVJET-UNIE NWO FREAKS ! tanks markedtofuture .

11. On November 2, 2013 at 12:55 pm,
    Irwin says:

Bird Man @ 12:51 p.m.

Here’s the link to the CKNW audio vault. Select Nov 2nd – 9 a.m.
    -the interview starts after the news, about 6 minutes in.

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:36 pm,

Thanks Irwin,

I will try to get in touch with Martin Armstrong.

Best

• On November 2, 2013 at 1:46 pm,
        Irwin says:

You’re welcome Big Al.

• On November 2, 2013 at 3:23 pm,
          Bird Man says:

Thank you, Irwin. And good luck Al. I do hope you can get Martin on the show.

12. On November 2, 2013 at 1:58 pm,
    bj says:

I don’t think the Fed can taper until they suck all those toxic mortgage backed securities out of the market AND we achieve balanced budgets. Balanced budgets because the Fed is fast becoming the ‘lender’ of last resort as the dollar loses it sway on the world stage. As far as what’s coming out of the FOMC meeting, it’s becoming incredible–maybe this, maybe that…..

• On November 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm,

It is rather incredible!

13. On November 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm,
    bj says:

Mr. Ackerman, what makes you think the NSA isn’t pulling people’s personal data off Facebook, and by extension all social networks and beyond that search engines like google and yahoo.

14. On November 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm,

I don’t think he really believes that the NSA is not doing that as part of business as usual!

15. On November 2, 2013 at 5:02 pm,
    Bobby says:

Good his timing Has been very accurate

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:12 am,

Yeh Bobby,

Rick is pretty good!

16. On November 2, 2013 at 7:48 pm,
    Markedtofuture says:

b says: Speaking of Jim Rickards his next book is “the death of money”
    Ed Steer sent me an interview at Truman. sry no link.

The sequel to national bestseller Currency Wars predicts the next collapse of the monetary system and shows investors how to survive it

The international monetary system collapsed three times in the past hundred years—in 1914, 1939, and 1971—and the next collapse is already in sight. This time the dollar won’t save us. In fact, the dollar itself will be the cause of the crisis.
    Link to Rickards Death Of Money….http://www.amazon.com/The-Death-Money-Collapse-International/dp/1591846706

17. On November 3, 2013 at 1:53 am,
    Bird Man says:

James the Lesserrr……you should have taken your own adice and sold.

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:13 am,

One in the hand is certainly better than two in the bush!

Right Bird?

• On November 3, 2013 at 9:49 am,
        Bird Man says:

Well in the case of birds we say that because wild game is difficult to acquire live. Gold however is not difficult to acquire. We can all buy as much or as little as we choose depending on our income and philosophy. There are no shortages now. Premiums in the US and Canada are not excessive for good coins of high purity. I do not subscribe to the anti-fiat precious metals insurance theme in any case. Houses are insurance too. So is a wad of cash, a good job or vocation, fine health, a distribution of stocks, assets like autos or farmland or even artwork which I happen to adore and collect. Gold is just one single element in the universe of things to hold for a rainy day. It is not performing well and it will not perform well for some time in the future. That tells me to dump it, short it or avoid it altogether.

• On November 3, 2013 at 1:38 pm,
          b says:

Your right Bird. For the last years I have been able to buy all I wanted, I have never witness a shortage.
          Andrew Maguire @kwn says if gold goes below 1300 it will be short lived.
          We will see.
          I have begun to look for confirmation about the 170,000 tons Karen Hudes mentions.
          Some people think its the “yamato?” hoard others the Rothchild hoard.
          I have no idea but we do know that there are uncountable tons of diamonds hoarded to keep the price up. Maybe its the same thing with gold.

18. On November 3, 2013 at 3:54 am,
    Bobby says:

SILVER, who are the silver coward billionaires and why are the afraid? An interesting theory, http://www.brotherjohnf.com/archives/239778.

• On November 3, 2013 at 4:27 am,
      franky says:

Interesting bobby tanks .

• On November 3, 2013 at 2:00 pm,
        Bobby says:

You are welcome Franky, glad you found it helpful

• On November 3, 2013 at 8:08 am,
      b says:

Maybe they figure the same thing would happen to them as happened to the Hunts.
      The billionares too are “minnows” compared to the wealthy of the world.
      Interesting that so many wont touch it.

• On November 3, 2013 at 8:29 am,
        franky says:

yes i now ( Beter faite dean live as a slave ) BUY GOLD !!!!!!!!

• On November 3, 2013 at 2:01 pm,
        Bobby says:

b, very possible

• On November 4, 2013 at 1:12 pm,
      JERRY the Long..................O^OTB says:

great post………….everyone needs to hear this one…….SILVER CHICKENS…., I guess we see the big boys….LIKE…Sinclair, Rogers, Gates, Buffet, have info. which is misleading all the small people, concerning silver…..I guess they do not wantt to be squashed by Rothchild………..

19. On November 3, 2013 at 5:52 am,
    Simon says:
    • On November 3, 2013 at 9:16 am,

Morning Simon,

That video is more food for thought.

My opinion? This will end badly!

20. On November 3, 2013 at 1:45 pm,
    Dennis M. O'Neil says:

Somewhere in the world there is the world’s worst doctor.
    And someone has an appointment with him tomorrow.

• On November 3, 2013 at 2:08 pm,
        franky says:

jack on drugs i think BUY GOLD !!!!!!

• On November 3, 2013 at 2:13 pm,

you no buy miners franky???

• On November 3, 2013 at 2:24 pm,
            franky says:

i buy slowly next week PVG we have time !

• On November 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

Dennis, that is a horrible thought but one I haven’t considered, watch out for Dr. B, (for Bad) maybe he will not last the night but then there is always his replacement. DT over and out to DB.

21. On November 3, 2013 at 3:26 pm,
    Jerry(Gator)M says:

Some dubious warnings about Jim Sinclair and his recent visit in Central Florida has many questioning him, myself included. I have always been a staunch supporter of Jim Sinclair because of his proven background but I must admit that the most recent allegations coupled with the central Florida question and answer session has me looking for answers. Only my opinion. You, as always, decide what is right for you.

• On November 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm,
      impeach says:

Can you explain what was new, or harder to process than expected, when you heard Jim Sinclair in Central Florida? Like most of us, you have probably tried to derive a preliminary opinion about him from what he has been publishing. How did the recent encounter challenge what you had previously concluded? And is there a way to verify the information he provided? (I mean, before ..it happens.)?

22. On November 3, 2013 at 3:31 pm,
    Jerry(Gator)M says:

Everyone has probably already heard about this but in case you haven’t: More money down the drain.

23. On November 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm,
    Jerry(Gator)M says:

I should have elaborated more on my previous post regarding Jim Sinclair but to be truthful I am still trying to absorb all the information and weed out the spin so I can reach an intelligent conclusion. It also takes time to verify the information provided so one can reach a legitimate conclusion.

• On November 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm,
      franky says:

and absorb diss jerry gator m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uRINv3kod4 tace care ! crazy world !

• On November 3, 2013 at 5:44 pm,
      Bobby says:

Jerry, I would love to hear how the q and a went.

• On November 5, 2013 at 3:18 pm,
        JERRY the Long..................O^OTB says:

ditto

24. On November 3, 2013 at 5:56 pm,
    Tex says:
  25. On November 3, 2013 at 9:05 pm,
    John says:

Good Show this week

26. On November 4, 2013 at 2:27 am,
    xlurkr says:

Andrew Maguire’s latest:

Generally he seems to make a lot of sense, but he uses a comparison of futures volumes with spot trade volumes (citing Reserve Bank of India) as evidence for fractional backing of unallocated LBMA accounts.

But most futures trade in much greater volumes than the underlying physical commodities. And fractional backing has to do with stocks (the accounts and the reserve assets backing them; trade volumes are flows.

So these seem to be totally separate issues, and the evidence he’s citing irrelevant to his conclusion, which just damages his credibility.

To quote Al et al “am I nuts?”