Richard Postma - The Doctor Is In – Mon 8 Jan, 2018

Are Metals Starting A Multi-Week Pullback?

Doc kicks off this week with comments on the move down in metals stocks. After a nice run since the Fed rate hike a pullback would be healthy and consistent with our range bound outlook for the metals until the second half of this year. We also discuss the USD up move today. This could also be playing a roll in the metals stocks pullback.

Richard PostmaCory Fleck
View related posts on: , ,

Comments:
  1. On January 8, 2018 at 12:02 pm,

China………just discovered 110 Million Tons……of………..SILVER

• On January 8, 2018 at 12:24 pm,
      b says:

lol. super rare stuff I hear too.

• On January 8, 2018 at 1:28 pm,

Super rare lol

2. On January 8, 2018 at 12:03 pm,
    pardu says:

Doc, with a minor correction in gold and silver in the near term before they move higher later in the year? What are the price targets you think we will hit as pullbacks that would be a good place to buy gold and silver?

• On January 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm,
      RICHARD/DOC says:

Pardu, I think a good price point would be 1200-1240 for gold and 15-15.50 for silver.

• On January 8, 2018 at 1:06 pm,
        RICHARD/DOC says:

By the way, Pardu, if prices get close to those areas ask me again since the technicals might show at that point prices might fall further.

• On January 8, 2018 at 2:55 pm,

Despite Doc’s newly honed guillotine, I have to keep my neck way out and stick with my “no way.”

In fact, I think buyers would be lucky to see a dip into the 1290s from here.

• On January 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm,

Btw & fwiw, I was a buyer today – miners not metal.

• On January 8, 2018 at 4:23 pm,
          bonzo barzini says:

Gary Savage thinks we may have a small pullback in gold, but that will be a time to buy.

• On January 8, 2018 at 4:27 pm,

I agree about the pullback but the buying should be done on a case-by-case basis. Individual miners often move a little differently than the sector as a whole.

• On January 8, 2018 at 4:48 pm,
        Dan, calgary says:

I agree

• On January 9, 2018 at 1:00 am,
        Dave says:

Doc’s technicals are worthless. Seriously. Just listen to his commentary on Friday 12/8/17.
        He was looking for lower prices right before the price went straight up for 15 of 17 trading days.

From that interview.
        “But then watch out! I think we start moving down to that 1200 to 1220 area”

He can resort to calling me a troll for calling him out on this, but that is okay. I have been trading the mtals markets for nearly 30 years and have yet to see anyone call the short term correctly.

3. On January 8, 2018 at 12:10 pm,
    Buzz says:

PPPMF strong today

• On January 8, 2018 at 4:25 pm,
      bonzo barzini says:

That’s because I sold a bunch for a tax loss@.07 Watch it go back to 1.00

4. On January 8, 2018 at 12:29 pm,
    b says:

weed at this point has gone up more than $5 today, I guess not many noticed but awhile back, dip buyers woulda picked it up for $7.50(todays price over $39)

Now its going up almost that much in a day? lol

Not a bad place to be while waiting for gold to actually do something.

Whats gonna do better? pot or PMs?

• On January 8, 2018 at 1:01 pm,

Pot would be my bet…

• On January 8, 2018 at 2:29 pm,

I have decided to melt my silver down and make pot pipes……. I will even monogram them for the elites……………..lol

• On January 8, 2018 at 2:36 pm,
          b says:

Ya, silver pipes with gold inlays would be worth a mint.
          Ya see the price of some of that silver jewelry? 20 a gram?

My silver coins have outpaced my bullion….boooooo

5. On January 8, 2018 at 1:43 pm,

CANOPY GROWTH CORP $39.74

ABCN
    ABCANN GLOBAL CORPORATION $2.13

WMD
    WEEDMD INC $3.06

novo no fun today.
    Interesting to see anx up a hair after Bobs article.
    novo seems to be struggling after Bob mentioned Kirkland?

• On January 8, 2018 at 5:52 pm,
      Wolfster says:

And my c.rks was up 45% today……

6. On January 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm,
    b says:

As gold prices rally into the New Year, one major theme that has already emerged is the 2018 Gold Sector Consolidation Thesis. In a recent report by Canada’s Scotia Bank (attached) entitled “A Legitimate Case is Building for More (Accretive) M&A”, several key themes were highlighted, namely:

*Gold mining business remains highly fragmented, with low barriers to entry – in theory, this should make for an attractive landscape for corporate deals.

*Today’s shifting geopolitical landscape provides sound reasons for larger companies to execute on (ideally accretive) M&A: Reserve Replacement & Diversification.

Higher bullion values used to allow resources to increase via lower cut-off grades- today that luxury is mostly gone.

*Need to mitigate single-asset and jurisdictional risk giving rise for corporate activity in the mid-tier producer segment.

Given GoldMining’s vast portfolio of gold (in excess of 19 million gold ounces of 43-101 compliant resources), these themes bode extremely well for 2018!

Best regards,