Richard Postma - The Doctor Is In – Tue 8 Jan, 2019

Projections For Gold, GDX, HUI, and Platinum

To follow up on a couple of Doc’s calls and some questions that came in yesterday Doc and I focus mostly on the gold and gold stocks. He shares some of the targets and ranges he is expecting. It is important to understand that a bullish breakout for the PMs might take some time.

View related posts on: , , ,

Comments:
  1. On January 8, 2019 at 4:04 pm,
    Bonzo Barzini says:

Hi Doc, our NGD is soaring. Did you ever buy any NSRGF? You’ll be glad that the Ohio St. quarterback has decided to turn pro and skip his last 2 college seasons.
    Elvis was born 84 years ago today.

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:01 pm,
      RICHARD/DOC says:

BB, what the heck is nsrgf?

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:11 pm,
        Bonzo Barzini says:

Sorry,Doc, I meant NSRPF( Novo) . I also own NSRGY(Nestle) and NCMGY(Newcrest). At my age it is getting harder to keep this straight. Do you own NCMGY?

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:19 pm,
        snowbird says:

I think it’s a typo. Try NSRPF (NOVO)

• On January 8, 2019 at 8:29 pm,
      Ebolan says:

Boys, please educate yourselves!

If you’d been reading b’s blog you’d know all about nsrgf. 🙂

And btw, Elvis has left the building. 🙂

2. On January 8, 2019 at 6:21 pm,
    Ebolan says:

Dang, you boys see Chucky & Nancy tonight? You ever see anything so creepy? 2 creepy, decrepit zombie corpses droning on and on.

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:02 pm,
      Ebolan says:

Well, you ain’t seen nothing yet. The new dipshit governor just invited the world, declared the state is a sanctuary to all that come. At the same time he’s offering free healthcare to all illegals (and of course, free education, housing, food, etc.). And he announced he will enforce big Obammy care fines for the ‘induhvidual’ mandate in Commiefornia’s version of Bammycare (Covered Commiefornia).

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:04 pm,
        Ebolan says:

This was in response to sb below.

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:08 pm,
        snowbird says:

Thats crazy Eddy. The U S needs to kick it’s welfare habit, problem is to many people on the government dole making money on the administrative side.
        Just like the Police know if they catch to many criminals, crime will go down and somebody will lose their job.
        Once they cut the Welfare, Mining projects would get the green light for jobs. Until then, the locals as long as their bellies are full can object. Western Alaska is a prime example.

• On January 8, 2019 at 8:39 pm,
        Ebolan says:

So if you don’t qualify for the subsidy and you don’t buy Covered Commiefornia coverage you will be ripped a new A hole financially. And if you do buy you pay way over a grand a month for a crappy plan that amounts to nothing but catastrophic coverage.

Of course if you’re an illegal alien healthcare is free. How you like them (rotten) apples?

3. On January 8, 2019 at 6:40 pm,
    snowbird says:

Hi Eddy, that was the first time I saw Mrs Pelosi from the side with a frozen camera view and it was weird. Also I did see a video on your Zombie Homeless in Ca and it was an eye opener. Something like 53,000 homeless.

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm,

134,000…
      California’s homeless population jumps 13.7% in one year

• On January 8, 2019 at 8:33 pm,
        Ebolan says:

I’d bet the real number is way more than that. I live in the boondocks and we got homeless all over the place but it’s nothing compared to the cities and suburbs.

The homeless come to Commie from all over for the welfare and the weather. Most of them are mentally ill and/or petty criminals. And then there’s illegal aliens all over the place from south of the border.

• On January 8, 2019 at 8:35 pm,
          Ebolan says:

Most of them are mentally ill and/or petty criminals.

And of course drug addicts and alcoholics. There all over the place in Commiefornia.

• On January 8, 2019 at 8:46 pm,
            Ebolan says:

And they crap all over the place. The streets in San Francrisco are paved in feces but that trend is spreading out all over Commiefornia. Even where I live not a week goes by were some transient craps on the sidewalk or worse in some fast food joint or deli.

• On January 8, 2019 at 8:51 pm,
            Ebolan says:

A few weeks back one transient went into one of the delis, jumped up on one of the tables and took a dump. Sure glad I wasn’t there. I get more than enough shit sandwiches from the government.

4. On January 8, 2019 at 6:53 pm,
    snowbird says:

Notice the gap. I wonder who started selling dollars?

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:03 pm,
      Ebolan says:

Maybe Chucky and Nancy.

• On January 8, 2019 at 7:31 pm,
        snowbird says:

Thats funny Eddy. They front run the Biotech so I see no reason why one would not entertain that thought. I just can’t believe that they think were that stupid. Neither the President , Chuck or Nancy mentioned that the three new Aircraft carriers being built probably wouldn’t work on the border.

5. On January 8, 2019 at 6:57 pm,
    snowbird says:

And the take down in physical gold.

6. On January 8, 2019 at 7:02 pm,
    snowbird says:

Trading economics has Palladium trading $40.36 higher than gold at $1324.00

7. On January 8, 2019 at 10:08 pm,
    Max says:

Great comments.
    Back to watching paint dry…and slowly accumulating beaten up stocks.

Doc, if you see platinum 200-400 comming, sound the alarm 🙂

8. On January 8, 2019 at 11:04 pm,

SILJ looks great because silver looks great:

9. On January 8, 2019 at 11:10 pm,

SILJ vs GDX will soon give us our first weekly MACD buy signal since 2017. 2019 will not be a flat year for any pm miners but the silvers will beat the golds:

10. On January 8, 2019 at 11:14 pm,

Silver dipped precisely to the KAMA before reversing strongly today. That’s impressive considering the stretched and overbought daily chart:

11. On January 8, 2019 at 11:29 pm,

I said two months ago that it would be a big deal when gold takes back the 200 and 600 week moving averages and, so far, it has been. However, it would also be a big deal if gold were to lose those MAs again on a weekly closing basis. Luckily, barring a true black swan, I don’t see that happening. In fact, I think the bears will be doing well if they can accomplish a weekly close below 1270.

12. On January 8, 2019 at 11:36 pm,

The HUI is in good shape and has broken out of its 2018 downtrend:

13. On January 8, 2019 at 11:41 pm,

The big picture is shaping up very well for silver:

14. On January 9, 2019 at 12:23 am,
    Max says:

I like how the big picture is shaping up, nice charts.
    Thank you , Matthew.

15. On January 9, 2019 at 5:26 am,
    snowbird says:

I’m going to put this out there and if somebody thinks I’m full of crap, I would appreciate them saying so.
    Ray Dalio is the founder of Bridgewater Capital. Ray seems to me to be a very straight shooter. Ray has recently started spending more time in the Public Eye giving interviews, and I’m listening as those that follow the K E Report will have noticed my recent comments about the Shadow Banking System. Ray has said that there has always been a shadow banking system and I have no reason not to believe him.This can help explain moves in the market. Thus my recent comment “Show me what they want”
    Ray has said that the short term debt cycle is the new business cycle and we are in for low returns for a very long time.
    Ray attributes his success to meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Radical truth and transparency builds trust. Independent thinking other than the consensus. With all that being said ,I wonder how smart Mr Dalio would appear if the Fed and the Treasury would not have pumped Trillions of dollars into the banking system since 2008.
    I’m sure someone here will be quick to point out that I’m no Ray Dalio and I don’t claim to be.
    What I’m going to put out there is something I’ve felt for some time and have never heard any body talk about.
    I’m going to call it the Trump/Mnuchin mainpulation of the Precious Metal futures for appearances purposes. Since the President has hung his hat on the Ponzi we shall call the conventional markets,Gold and Silver cannot be allowed to look like a veritable alternative.
    I take you back when JPMorgan was cornered with their massive Silver Short and the CFTC intervened on their behalf. At that point I had to realize that this form of Income generation came with it’s perils. This investing/trading environment is a far cry from honest and transparent. Instead of attacking those who point this out, isn’t it about time you started to think about addressing the problem?

16. On January 9, 2019 at 11:48 am,
    DOC is WRONG says:

gold to 1200-1220? lol. Your calls are falling off Doc.

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.