Dana Lyons Commentary – Fri 7 Aug, 2020

Using economic data to invest is a dangerous game

Dana Lyons joins me today to weigh the use of economic data vs market data when investing. Today is another example of economic data, the jobs number, that is causing market moves but not necessarily in the direction you would predict.

Click here for his subscriber site where you get more specific trading advice.

Click here to follow Dana on Twitter

View related posts on: ,

Comments:
  1. On August 7, 2020 at 10:32 am,
    John Kruschke says:

People who do job estimates and earning estimates are wrong more often than weatherman saying it’s going to rain. The only two jobs I know where you get paid to be consistently wrong.

2. On August 7, 2020 at 11:01 am,
    bonzo says:

Today Gary Savage called for a big correction in gold and silver, but after that he says gold will rise to 7K minimum, and maybe 10K.

• On August 7, 2020 at 11:19 am,
      Nigel says:

He might well be right but selling/re-buying physical is an expensive game especially with CGT exposure. As for hedging, I guess you can but that’s not really as easy or cheap as it sounds. I’m just going to stick with what I’ve got on physical, I have lightened up on gold miners though, not so much silver miners. JMHO

3. On August 7, 2020 at 11:29 am,
    bonzo says:

If I could ride out a decline in gold from 1920 to 1050, I am sure I can handle a decline to 1750 or 1800. If I sell now I might miss the rocket ride up to 7K.

4. On August 7, 2020 at 11:42 am,
    chris says:

This has been post on yesterdays threads, but for those that missed it here is Mr. Bull Eric’s take on the current PM situation.
    Both could be right IMO………I am long & strong.

5. On August 7, 2020 at 12:00 pm,
    cfs says:

off topic;

The C.D.C. just waved a red flag at this bull…..

6. On August 7, 2020 at 12:39 pm,
    russell hamilton says:

doing well with pipeline partnerships even after many have dropped thier dividends by half which is where i buy them . also have a small holding of preferred stock in DCP which i have held at a loss for 5 months but now is up 10 % . gold stocks sbsorb profit taking but the new higher prices men the silver and gold producers will have stunning higher earnings in future. should have massive upside for those stocks Cal cunningham in N C will win senate seat , and biden ahead by 4% in N C best of health and wealth to you all rsh