Exclusive Comments from Marc Chandler – Fri 4 Sep, 2020

More comments on the jobs data and market moves but a different opinion on the USD

Marc Chanlder is with us today to share his opinions on the markets moves this week and the jobs data from this morning. As Marc outlines it’s still all about central bank policy especially from the Fed and ECB. When tying in currency moves and the US Dollar rebound he has a bit of a different outlook for the Dollar.

Click here to visit Marc’s daily blog – Marc To Market.

Comments:
  1. On September 4, 2020 at 12:36 pm,
    cfs says:

Most of US debt not held by the Fed, is held by China.
    It seems to me as relations between the US and China deteriorate, it seems to me that China will decrease their holdings of US debt. This should cause further decline in the U.S. dollar.

2. On September 4, 2020 at 1:16 pm,
    Kengps says:

They hold what? 4 or 5% of the total? I kinda doubt it would make much of a difference. If price of treasuries dropped as a result of Chinese selling, Fed could print the money and buy them at a discount.

3. On September 4, 2020 at 1:32 pm,

I BELIEVE CHINA HOLDS OVER $ I trillion
    but I don’t believe they would dump them all at once. They have been purchasing them primarily to keep the RMB lower and increase exports, but if the US stops or slows imports from China, AND China is importing soybeans and corm from the U.S., it would not make sense to dump all US treasuries right now.
    I would expect them to be sold at a rate that generates dollars as needed for grain imports. I do expect grain imports to be higher than most expect, because of bad weather in China+ wheat mold + locusts.

4. On September 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm,
    markedtofuture says:

They are injecting Brucella bacteria into dairy products and frozen foods.EXPLOSIVE INSIDE INFORMATION 💥WITH CIRSTEN W & MEL K 💥 + CHARLIE WARD – PART 1

• On September 5, 2020 at 2:59 am,

Do not drink the MILK……….. 🙂
      Thanks for the link…..

5. On September 4, 2020 at 8:30 pm,
    markedtofuture says:

DHS Braces For ‘Potential EMP Attack’ As Presidential Election Near…