Sean Brodrick – Tue 17 Nov, 2020

How does the recent rotation trade impact commodities from PMs to base metals to battery metals?

Sean Brodrick joins me to share his outlook for the current rotation trade driven by the recent vaccine news impacts different commodity sectors. We look at base metals, battery metals, and precious metals as well as a couple other areas Sean is adding to the portfolio.

Comments:
  1. On November 17, 2020 at 6:14 pm,
    cfs says:

Pento forecast for silver:

2. On November 17, 2020 at 6:50 pm,
    cfs says:

The death of main street retail will impact commodities….

Unemployment of retail workers will impact economy.

3. On November 17, 2020 at 6:55 pm,
    cfs says:

US sanctions affecting China, but will Biden change policies?

4. On November 17, 2020 at 7:11 pm,
    cfs says:

Major Chinese electric car producer is NIO (Nio, Inc.) I do not own shares in the company, because of my dislike for China moral values, but it has cost me.

5. On November 17, 2020 at 7:23 pm,
    David says:

Gary Gensler’s name popped up for possible appointment to SEC. How could they consider a former Goldman partner after he about ruined the CFTC. I complained. Hopefully it matters.

• On November 17, 2020 at 11:58 pm,

Gensler’s the guy that Ted Butler foolishly thought would run the CFTC honestly.

• On November 18, 2020 at 7:13 am,
        Norrareal1968 says:

The cabal are destroying the miners, over and over. I’m beginning to doubt we will ever see “the giant bubble” in PMs that Moriarty’s talking about. There’s a substantial risk that GDX will breach the $32 to the downside.

• On November 18, 2020 at 7:58 am,
          larry says:

Noreal can you just source an article or website discussing this?

• On November 18, 2020 at 8:45 am,

A good fork support is holding today but if it breaks, we have the 200 day MA supports not far below…

• On November 18, 2020 at 8:53 am,

After that, there’s support under just 34 and 31…

• On November 18, 2020 at 8:59 am,
            Norrareal1968 says:

Matthew, whichever way you look, it doesn’t look good for the PM sector. I have had my miners for 10-11 years and they have gone nowhere

• On November 18, 2020 at 9:19 am,

Norrareal1968, I disagree. They are going much higher and probably soon. Corrections are ALWAYS bad in this sector and for good, non-nefarious reasons so it must be traded. Opportunity must be seized. Despite the current 3 month correction and many mistakes along the way, I am still up more than 9-fold overall since the 2015/16 lows.

Any asset class that often delivers “ten-baggers” will also return 90% declines. That’s why so many newsletter writers remind their subscribers to only invest what they can afford to lose and not an amount that would cause them to lose sleep. “Buy and hold” can work for days/weeks or even months sometimes but is a recipe for disaster beyond that unless you bought the very bottom of a bear market. But even then, it’s not ideal.

• On November 18, 2020 at 9:39 am,
            Norrareal1968 says:

Matthew, as I wrote earlier when I first joined the boards here, I am no trader. Since 2007-2009, I’m up almost 3 fold on my physical gold investment, up 30% on my silver. 1/6 of my PM portfolio is in miners for which, acting upon Jim Sinclair’s advice I took hold of possesion in certificates. Unfortuntely, I bought these close to their respective top.

• On November 18, 2020 at 9:45 am,
            Norrareal1968 says:

Matthew, all I’m saying I wish I bought more physical gold instead of the miners

• On November 18, 2020 at 11:04 am,

I used to hold about one-third of my shares in certificate form but I redeposited them after the crash of 2008. With that liquidity squeeze out of the way, I “knew” the Fed would print any amount necessary to avoid a repeat. The coming problems will be different even if worse in some ways.
            The miners are at the opposite end of the risk spectrum from the metals, that’s for sure.

6. On November 18, 2020 at 6:52 am,
    cfs says:

Riverside samples 48.3 g/t Au over 0.75 m at Cecilia

2020-11-18 09:46 ET – News Release
    Mr. John-Mark Staude reports
    RIVERSIDE RESOURCES SAMPLES UP TO 48.3 G/T GOLD OVER 0.75 M AT THE CECILIA PROJECT IN SONORA, MEXICO

7. On November 18, 2020 at 7:02 am,
    larry says:

vaccine vaccine vaccine…vaccine news…oh boy…common children, they saved us again from non-demic plandemic…….”V” for Vendetta review in order……..lmao…i know how the movie ends…lmao

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.