Weekend Show – Making Sense Of Fed Policy and The Market Rebound
Welcome to this week’s Weekend Show! It was a Fed week that as expected lead to volatility in the markets, especially after the press conference on Wednesday. A noticeable shift happened where investors have gone risk on. We saw pretty much all sectors put in positive days at the end of the week. The concept of the Fed being at peak hawkishness is helping to drive this very different sentiment. But remember, markets started bouncing 3-4 weeks ago. This week added some short term fuel to the rebound.
We are still working on our podcast distribution after switching providers. Please let us know if you are having any issues accessing the podcast. Also if you have any insights on why iTunes is not updating please email us. Our email addresses are Fleck@kereport.com and Shad@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Jesse Felder, Founder of the Felder Report kicks off the show by sharing his thoughts on the “Fed pivot” from peak hawkishness. We discuss the difference between actual inflation and inflation expectations. Also the market reaction of most sectors moving higher and how he sees the metals moving throughout the year. Click here to learn more about the Felder Report.
- Segment 3 – Joel Elconin, Co-Host of the Benzinga PreMarket Prep Show and Editor of the PreMarket Prep website is up next with a focus on market moves after the Fed meeting. If the Fed truly is at peak hawkishness then we could see longer term relief from the falling markets. We also balance out the moves in risk on stocks compared to the safer assets. Click here to keep up to date with Joel’s trading at the PreMarket Prep website.
- Segment 4 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global Forex wraps up the show with a focus the moves in the currency markets post Fed meeting. the US Dollar is off its highs but is this the start of a longer term fall? We weigh economic data and central bank policy to determine where it will go from here. Click here to visit Marc’s blog Marc to Market.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- TriStar Gold – An Overview Of The Permitting Process In Brazil Now With The EIA Completed
- Trigon Metals – US$27.5 Million Silver Stream With Sprott Streaming and Production Growth Overview
- SilverCrest Metals – First Silver and Gold Pour, Production Growth Into Next Year and How The Company Will Control Rising Costs
- Awale Resources – Expanding The Land Position In The Odienné District and Around The Newmont JV
- Aztec Minerals – Now 100% Owners Of The Cervantes Project With a 3,000 Meter Drill Program Just Commenced
- FPX Nickel – Metallurgical Testing Confirms Strong Recoveries In Line with 2020 PEA at The Decar Nickel District
- Verses – Partnership with Tompkins Ventures To Build Awareness With Potential Large Customers
- Eskay Mining – Recapping Multiple New VMS Discoveries Across The Consolidated Eskay Mining Project
- Mako Mining – High Grade Drill Assays Returned And Discovery Of A New Gold Bearing Vein At Las Conchitas