Ascendant Resources – Company Introduction And Unpacking New Feasibility Study At The Lagoa Salgada Project In Portugal
Mark Brennan, Founder and Executive Chairman of Ascendant Resources (TSX: ASND) (OTC: ASDRF), joins us for a comprehensive overview of the Lagoa Salgada Project at the Venda Nova deposit, and the key initiatives moving forward.
We start off discussing how the Company came together 5 years ago, the prolific mineralized trend along the Iberian Pyrite Belt, and then the work completed to date on the project leading into the prior PEA and just announced Feasibility Study, and where things are headed moving into Optimization Studies.
Highlights of the 2023 Definitive Feasibility Study include:
- Post-tax NPV8% of US$147 million and 39% IRR
- Average annual payable zinc equivalent (ZnEq) production of 124 million lbs per annum over first 5 years
- Average All-in Sustaining Cost (AISC) of US$0.59/lb ZnEq over first 5 years
- Robust Average EBITDA of US$75.5 million per annum over the first 5 years
- Upfront capex requirement of US$164 million (including US$12 million of contingency)
- Inaugural NI 43-101 compliant Proven and Probable Reserves in the North Zone and South Zones of 14.6Mt at an average NSR of US$66.1/tonne
- Updated NI 43-101 compliant Mineral Resource of:
- North Zone: 8.9Mt at 10.52% ZnEq Measured and Indicated and additional Inferred Resources of 0.5Mt at 6.62% ZnEq
- South Zone: 10.0Mt at 1.22% Copper Equivalent (“CuEq”) and additional Inferred resources of 8.1MT at 1.16% Cu Eq.
We wrap up with having Mark outline the pedigree of the management team and board working on successful developing and producing assets, the financial backdrop for the Company along with substantial stakeholders, and the key catalysts and milestones the company is working on moving forward.
If you have questions for Mark regarding Ascendant Resources, then please email me at Shad@kereport.com.