Kootenay Silver – Company Introduction And Exploration Update On 4 Silver – Gold Projects In Mexico
Jim McDonald, President and CEO of Kootenay Silver (TSXV: KTN) (OTC: KOOYF), joins us for a comprehensive company introduction and exploration update on their 4 silver – gold Projects in Mexico. We start off getting an update on the 50,000 meter multi-phase drill program at their high-grade Columba Silver Project, and the plan in the first phase to drill 12-15 holes over about 3,000 meters.
Next we pivot over to news out today where the Company has announced an updated mineral resource estimate at the Promontorio-La Negra Project in Sonora Mexico. The resource estimate is an update of the Promontorio deposit and a maiden mineral resource estimate for the La Negra deposit 7km to the north. The two deposits (previously 2 different Projects) are part of the Promontorio Mineral Belt and after this resource are now considered a single Project.
Highlights from the 2023 Mineral Resource Estimate include:
- Increased Grades of the Promontorio deposit of 24% for Ag, 21% for Au and 22% and 21% for Pb and Zn respectively.
- A resulting 68% increase in Measured and Indicated (M+I) Ag Equivalent (AgEq) Metal content at the Promontorio deposit
- Promontorio M+I mineral resources of 140.8 million ounces AgEq contained in 42.1 million metric tonnes averaging 104 grams per tonne,
- Promontorio Inferred mineral resources of 39.8 Moz contained in 14.6 Mt averaging 84.9 g/t.
- La Negra Indicated mineral resources of 22.0 Moz AgEq contained in 5.3 Mt averaging 129 g/t.
- La Negra Inferred mineral resources of 4.6 Moz contained in 1.2 Mt averaging 115 g/t
Next we get a quick update and overview of the La Cigarra Project, and what the future catalysts there will be to move that project forward, in a better metals pricing environment. We wrap up with getting Jim to outline both the experience of their management team and board, and the financials, key stakeholders, and plan for a share consolidation.