Daily Market Wrap – Wed 4 Jan, 2017

US Markets, Copper and Gold

I wrap up the markets today with some chart outlooks for the Dow, copper and gold. A closer look at the VIX shows that the moves we have seen in the past days have only happened 3 times in this bull market. Investors are far too complacent and this will have to change.

Cory Fleck
View related posts on: , , ,

Comments:
  1. On January 4, 2017 at 2:51 pm,
    james says:

And BITCOIN ? Cory ; All Bitcoin electronic stock market electronic Currency electronic all electronic is you’re PRISON !

2. On January 4, 2017 at 3:18 pm,
    pardu says:

You noted the lowering of the VIX, did you think it is due for a rise soon?

3. On January 4, 2017 at 3:33 pm,
    b says:

Mr Daily Gold Jordon 1175 still needs to be passed.

4. On January 4, 2017 at 3:35 pm,
    Markedtofuture says:

Sarah Palin Apologizes For “Condemning” Julian Assange

To Julian Assange: I apologize.

Exposing the truth re: the Left having been oh-so-guilty of atrocious actions and attitudes of which they’ve falsely accused others. The media collusion that hid what many on the Left have been supporting is shocking. This important information that finally opened people’s eyes to democrat candidates and operatives would not have been exposed were it not for Julian Assange.

I apologize for condemning Assange when he published my infamous (and proven noncontroversial, relatively boring) emails years ago.

As I said at the time of being targeted and my subsequent condemnation, though, the line must be drawn before our troops or innocent lives deserving protection would be put at risk as a result of published emails.

Julian, I apologize.

– Sarah Palin

Please watch Sean Hannity’s interview with Julian Assange (Wikileaks).
    …starting at 49:08…

5. On January 4, 2017 at 6:34 pm,
    Paul L. says:

Another attempt at a market breakout coming soon. If the Dow fails again at 20K there could be panic selling if it drops back down below 19800.

6. On January 5, 2017 at 12:57 am,
    Excelsior says:

Cory – I agree with you that the VIX is getting to very low levels and the marketplace is due for a volatility spike to shake traders out of their complacency.

• On January 5, 2017 at 12:59 am,
      Excelsior says:

BTW – Congrats on the speaking part at the Cambridge House show.

7. On January 5, 2017 at 2:50 am,
    Excelsior says:

$JAG $JAGGF Jaguar Mining Corporate Presentation
    Dec 28th #GOLD #Production #Development

8. On January 5, 2017 at 7:10 am,
    Silverdollar says:

Very good production Cory. Your take on the markets is as good as anyone out there! On the DJIA I don’t like the divergence shown with RSE and MACD on the daily. It’s usually a good tell.

• On January 5, 2017 at 7:11 am,
      Silverdollar says:

Pardon me. RSE wrong; RSI correct.

9. On January 5, 2017 at 7:45 am,
    GH says:

With today’s action in the PM miners, I’m of increasingly firm conviction that the correction in the precious metals complex is over.

• On January 5, 2017 at 8:37 am,
      Silverdollar says:

Agree. Jeff Kern called it on Jan. 2: http://www.321gold.com/editorials/kern/current.html
      Ari’s Saturday missive said $22.50 had to be taken out and hold on GDX. Today, GDX is $23.50.
      Bob Moriarty did the same in late December.
      Too many on these pages prefer politics to the reality starring them in the face.

• On January 5, 2017 at 8:39 am,
        Silverdollar says:

Sorry. GDX was $23.25. A bit fast though so I expect a bit of a pull-back on everything, BUT I believe the low is in!