Chris Temple from The National Investor – Tue 25 Feb, 2020

An argument to build up cash in both risk on and risk off portfolios

As much as Chris’s odd couple trade has worked with bonds and gold moving higher he is now recommending building up a cash position to take advantage of some future better opportunities.

Click here to visit Chris’s site and follow along with his newsletter.

View related posts on: , , , , ,

Comments:
  1. On February 25, 2020 at 2:19 pm,
    SilverDollar says:

At least we can sleep well knowing we have a leadership totally in charge. The golden one said this yesterday: “The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC and World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

Donald Trump, Monday, 24 February 2020

• On February 25, 2020 at 3:40 pm,

He should say that………Otherwise……stock market crash…..and it bye, bye Donald…
      But, we will see……..I think Gates is behind it anyway…..I listed all the info. over the weekend show…..

• On February 26, 2020 at 6:49 am,

Looks like Trump is going to speak on the subject at 6 oclock News Wednesday…..
        Pump up the markets…..buy, buy, buy…..or Trump is bye, bye…….lol

2. On February 25, 2020 at 2:42 pm,
    Dick Tracy says:

If recession or Depression should threaten serious consequences for business there is little doubt that the Reserve System will try again to check the movement and of course lower rates and PRINT, PRINT, and PRINT. Repeat after me, ” I know of nothing fundamentally wrong with the stock market, the underlying business or the credit market.” (Charles E. Mitchell-October 22nd,1929, chairman of the great National City Bank of New York) DT

3. On February 25, 2020 at 2:42 pm,
    Excelsior says:

I trimmed back some winners today to build up some more cash.

Glad I did, as when I came back later in the day there was a bloodbath in many of the stocks. In retrospect, wishing I had sold down more of certain positions.

• On February 25, 2020 at 2:52 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

The wiseacres of Wall Street, have found their cause for blame, the overwhelming consensus is the coronavirus. In the past Doc always said “he could see a crash in the graphs and charts he reads,” I wonder what the wizards see at this moment in time. DT

• On February 25, 2020 at 2:56 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

I love the smell of blood in the markets! LOL! DT

• On February 25, 2020 at 3:05 pm,
        Dick Tracy says:

Look out for selling volume in the markets tomorrow, there might be a sudden stampede to get out from under. At some point the margin calls will start and those left in could see the face of forced selling. DT

• On February 25, 2020 at 3:41 pm,

Is your Uncle a Rothchild …… lol

• On February 25, 2020 at 4:20 pm,
          Dick Tracy says:

Cash is king, I have very little in the markets. I only trade in and out!

• On February 25, 2020 at 4:42 pm,

Ditto……

• On February 25, 2020 at 7:08 pm,
      Buzz says:

Ditto, but I bet tomorrow a “bargain hunters day.” It might be the rape, pillage & plunge team, akin to Epstein & Harvey Weinstein

• On February 26, 2020 at 12:46 am,
        Excelsior says:

Possibly. I’ll be looking tomorrow for any bargains, but also looking to see if there is any continuation of selling, or if some stocks rebound a bit. If it is a continuation in selling, I’ll likely sit on the cash a bit longer. We are getting close to the PDAC after all… and the “curse” seasonal weakness preceded the largest mining event the last 2 years.

4. On February 25, 2020 at 2:45 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Eric Sprott’s $1.3B Portfolio of 60+ Mining Stocks

by @AndrewNelson on 25 Feb 2020

“Legendary resource investor Eric Sprott is well positioned for this gold bull market as we head towards US$1700/oz. I have compiled his public positions in over 60 mining stocks worth over $1.3B for subscribers. His top 5 investments are all gold focused. 3 out of the 5 are already in production, and the other 2 are advanced developers.”

5. On February 25, 2020 at 10:16 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Lithium Price: EVs Will Be $350 Billion Market In Just 15 Years

Frik Els | February 25, 2020

“Electric mobility applications, driven primarily by an expected boom in passenger EVs, will make up the lion’s share of this growth and constitute nearly three-quarters of the overall market by 2035, thanks to annual expansion just shy of 19%.”

“In terms of deployed battery power per year, the vehicle segment will play an even more dominant role, making up 91% of the market by 2035.”

6. On February 26, 2020 at 6:44 am,
    larry says:

/GC april future TAS box bottom support at 1580.6…Two days closing below will signal a top and intermediate top….IMHO