Chris Temple from The National Investor – Mon 16 Mar, 2020

Could the US be in for some controlled bankruptcies when this is all said and done?

Chris Temple joins me for another editorial focused on the fear in the markets and inability of central banks and governments to calm investors. On a positive note Chris is buying some things on a very selective basis taking a longer term outlook.

Click here to visit Chris’s site and learn more about his newsletter – The National Investor.

Comments:
  1. On March 16, 2020 at 10:17 am,
    SilverDollar says:

I think it tells us something positive for PMs when April gold contract is off $4.30 and DJIA off 1925. Personally I’m lloking for the DOW to easily hit 17-17500, especially while the Senate dithers! JMO

• On March 16, 2020 at 5:30 pm,
      OOTP says:

I agree with that number. If it drops by the same percentage as the Italian market we could go a little lower than 17 000.

• On March 17, 2020 at 12:17 am,
        Excelsior says:

OOTP (TP you’re killing me! — Good one!)

Days like this in the general markets make me think of ole’ Bill Paxton from the film Aliens.

(adult language)

Game Over Man, Game Over!

2. On March 16, 2020 at 10:24 am,
    SilverDollar says:

Concerning trophies, all SS# holders will soon get a check directly from $500 to $1000, possibly for several months! You heard it here first!

3. On March 16, 2020 at 10:44 am,
    Charles Curtis says:

Chris, is the “oh chit, more new money” moment? 🙂

4. On March 16, 2020 at 12:01 pm,
    john b says:

I like it when Chris gets all bent out of shape like he did on yesterday’s podcast. He sounds kind of like a more reasonable Gerald Celente, haha.

I agree that the FED has panicked—and this from the man Powell that people celebrated as being very level headed when he was appointed.

5. On March 16, 2020 at 6:26 pm,
    cfs says:

My guts says we should have a nice Tuesday reversal with a nice bounce up.
    The problem is getting back out if it crashes later.
    The Fed has no power to do very much.

Mr. Temple is exactly correct about distinguishing between liquidity and solvency.
    With interest rates, locked low for a considerable time REITs with good cash-flowing properties should do very well.

Share Your Thoughts:

Name (required):
Email (required):
Comment:
All comments must comply with our Terms of Use.