Chris Temple from The National Investor – Tue 23 Jun, 2020

US/China Trade Comments and PMI Data – Markets Moving With An Inflationary Bias

Chris Temple joins me today to recap the back and forth comments on US/China trade from Peter Navarro and President Trump. The downbeat comments by Navarro dropped futures and global market late yesterday but Trump’s more positive comments turned them all around in time for today’s open. We also have some PMI numbers that were a little better than expected.

Overall markets are moving to a more inflationary trade as US markets and gold and gold stocks are moving higher with the US dollar dropping again.

Click here to visit Chris’s site and keep up to date on the companies he is following and his broad market comments.

Comments:
  1. On June 23, 2020 at 10:16 am,
    John Kruschke says:

Interesting commentary as usual.
    Correct me if I am wrong. Americans are not the largest purchasers of Gold and the Canadians, ah yes the Canadians and their no Gold position.
    In 2008 I said we in the U.S had to start thinking a little bit more like the Asian when it came to the Precious Metals.
    President Trump can say he is tough on the Chinese, but the millenials are catching on as to who lends Elon the Billions so he can put U.S astronauts into space.
    Much like the Russian Boogey man narrative when Russia was transporting our Astronauts to the space station.
    I take you back to President Bush’s treasury Secretary Hank Paulson when he said that Goldman Sachs relationship with the Chinese was better than the State Dept.
    At this point I will say that anyone who votes for Biden is Certifiable in my book.
    Previous discussion about Japan and the Louve is interesting as well as Jim Baker was Treasury Secretary during the negotiations and as we speak his Law Firm is representing the Saudi’s against the Class Action Law Suit of the Families for 9/11 Justice.
    The indescretioins of our past are not going to solve our mistakes in the future.
    With that being said I believe the markets have been Green lighted until the Election.

2. On June 23, 2020 at 3:29 pm,

Gold just delivered its highest daily close since October, 2012.
    1950-2000 in Q3? I think so…

3. On June 23, 2020 at 8:50 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Some nice moves in the Silver Explorers and Developers today. Dolly Varden rule the roost, up over 29% on the day.

Symbol – Silver Explorers & Developers – Daily Change %

G1A.AX Galena Mining Limited +2.22%
    VIPR.V Silver Viper Minerals Corp. +1.28%
    MMG.V Metallic Minerals Corp. +1.18%
    SVE.V Silver One Resources Inc. +1.04%

4. On June 24, 2020 at 4:01 am,
    Charles says:

I took a bit off my DV position today and redeployed as my position size had gotten to large and think it could pull back here a bit.

5. On June 24, 2020 at 6:46 am,
    Temple says:

HUZZAH! — Gold-Silver ratio just broke back NORTH of 100

6. On June 24, 2020 at 8:35 am,
    Charles says:

Good call Chris! I redeployed into a gold stock so I am happy I did. We will see how long the retracement lasts, but I was expecting a hit to the general market and thought it might take silver with it.