Powell’s Comments, US Markets, Gold, and Oil – It’s important to focus on the big picture
Well it was another interesting week for markets. Fed President Jerome Powell scared investors on Thursday when he reiterated that the Fed is not changing it’s policies. However US markets had a big reversal on Friday and finished the week strongly. Unfortunately for metals investors gold continued to breakdown and the rest of the commodity space broadly started to show weakness. We discuss it all!
Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com. I love hear from all of you. Send me any topics you would like discussed, companies you want to see on the show, and questions you have for guests and companies.
- Segment 1 – Mike Larson, Editor of the Safe Money Report kicks off the show by recapping they key points on Powell’s speech on Thursday. We then look at the US markets, precious metals and commodities.
- Segment 2 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx is next up with comments from the generalist side of investors. We breakdown the jobs report from Friday, current Fed policy, and how yields and metals are trending.
- Segment 3 – Josef Schachter, Founder of The Schachter Energy Report breaks down the strong bullish move in oil on the back of the OPEC+ announcement this week.
- Segment 4 – We wrap up the Weekend Show with an update from Tier One Silver. Ivan Bebek, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman, and Peter Dembicki, President and CEO, look ahead to the upcoming drill program at the Curibaya Project, the recent over-subscribed financing, and when the listing will happen
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Josemaria Resources – A big step in the permitting process for the Josemaria Property in Argentina
- Eskay Mining – More information on the new targets announced across Company’s land holdings
- Aurcana Silver – Company overview focused on the move to silver production by the Summer
- Bonterra Resources – Updates on the 63,000 meter drill program and 2.1 million ounce gold resource in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt
- Mako Mining – Full scale production starting this week at the high grade open pit on the San Albino Property
- Ridgeline Minerals – How a new high-grade gold discovery by Barrick on land close to the Carlin-East Property will play into upcoming exploration
- Fury Gold Mines – Recapping the initial drill results from the Eau Clair exploration drill program
- O3 Mining – A dive into the 250,000 meter drill program planned at Marban and Alpha
- Heliostar Metals – A new vein discovery at the Unga Property and drilling starting down in Mexico
- Outback Goldfields – More information on the drilling started at the Glenfine Property in Australia
- Aztec Minerals – Outlining the drill programs at both the Tombstone Property and Cervantes Property