I-80 Gold Corp – Bonanza-grade Drill Intercepts Returned From CRD Mineralization At The Hilltop Zone
Ewan Downie, CEO and Director of I-80 Gold Corp (TSX: IAU – NYSE: IAUX), joins us to the review the recent news of bonanza-grade polymetallic drill intercepts returned from 4 drill holes that were further testing the CRD type of mineralization at the Hilltop Zone. The Hilltop Zone is a new key area of exploration focus at the Ruby Hill Project in central Nevada.
News released on November 15th highlighted intercepts from these 4 drill holes:
- Hole iRH22-55, which returned 60.2 g/t gold, 908.7 g/t silver, 1.1% zinc & 15.7% lead over 10.0 metres, including 83.2 g/t gold, 1261.0 g/t silver, 1.5% zinc, & 22.1% lead over 7.0 metres
- Hole iRH22-51, which returned 33.0 g/t gold, 3010.0 g/t silver & 63.5% lead over 0.6 metres and 3.1 g/t gold, 683.3 g/t silver & 37.6% lead over 14.6 metres.
- Hole iRH22-53, which returned 1.9 g/t gold, 631.3 g/t silver, 7.4% zinc & 33.0% lead over 18.3 metres
- Hole iRH22-54, which returned 0.6 g/t gold, 374.1 g/t silver, 3.9% zinc & 20.2% lead over 20.8 metres, and
At the expanded exploration program at Ruby Hill, only 25 holes have been released thus far, with 45 more holes that have been drilled, at both the Ruby Deeps gold zone and the Hilltop Zone CRD zone, and in the near-term some drill results will be released from a second deeper zone of interest at the Hilltop Zone. Next, we discussed how the Company has the current oxide gold processing plant at Ruby Hill, that could eventually transition over to a full base metals processing plant if the mineralization keeps expanding at the Hilltop Zone and return similar grades and thickness.
We wrap up by also highlighting that in addition to the Company’s total current gold resource resources of 14.5 million ounces of gold, that they also have an additional 180 million ounces of silver, most of which (170 million ounces of the silver resources) are at the nearby Mineral Point zone of Ruby Hill, and nearby the Hilltop Zone.
* In full disclosure, Shad is an existing shareholder of I-80 Gold Corp