Rick Ackerman’s Technical Forecasts – Wed 3 Jan, 2018

Technical Outlook For Copper, Oil, and Gold

Rick Ackerman is with us today to share his updated technical outlook for copper, oil, and gold. Rick has some higher target he is expecting. We also discuss what the move up in copper and oil are telling us about the global economy.

Click here to visit Rick’s website. It is well worth your time to at least sign up for his free email list to keep up to date.

Rick AckermanCory Fleck
View related posts on: , ,

Comments:
  1. On January 3, 2018 at 10:25 am,
    b says:

I know Rick doesnt do any Canadian, unfortunate.
    Canadian pot stocks are moving pretty good.

About a week ago I got a mining news that was saying copper was ready to move.

Golds seems steady lately but my goldshare list is still languishing.

2. On January 3, 2018 at 11:11 am,
    Paul L says:

I thought I was smart buying back into ACB and Weed on Friday and selling for a nice 16% gain after a day. I would have been up 40% if I had held. I bought some dips today after the another bubble burst and they have bounced back up. I normally only trade US stocks. I sold out my XOP many days ago and that has shot up to 38.80.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:13 am,
      Paul L says:

I had a $62 target for oil a while back but got out too soon as I had a lot of year ends to finish for December 31st and not enough time to track things.. It will hopefully correct soon.

3. On January 3, 2018 at 11:13 am,
    Wolfster says:

Hey b those pots are crazy. Funding my resource and small cap buying……have a look at c.rks. It has 2 more pots going public this year along with the 3 that already did this past year

4. On January 3, 2018 at 11:16 am,
    b says:

cdn pot shares will go up until july 1, then they could explode up or down as thats when pot is legal.
    at least thats what I expect, but whatdoIno?

I been saying for a long time pots been a good spot to be in while waiting for gold to do something.

The question for me now is whats gonna do better pot or gold, after today its pot 1 gold zippo. lol

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:24 am,

Sales projected at $3.9 billion in CA alone this year. I wonder how much will be lost to GDP in lost productivity. AI may have another reason for support.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:29 am,
      Wolfster says:

Question is when does saturation occur and supply becomes greater than demand…..some will go under eventually but that’s for 2019 and beyond

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:49 am,
        b says:

Wolf

Been awhile since I did DD on potshares, but when I did it, it was years before demand could be met.
        That was a big point I made a few times, they(all of them) will sell 100% of product, at least recreational product, which is why I liked aurora.
        and 50 cent to what now? $14? is none too shabby while waiting for gold to move.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:54 am,
          Wolfster says:

Yes I regret not being a long term pot holder. Miss out on a lot of potential profits 😞

• On January 3, 2018 at 12:21 pm,
            b says:

Ahhhh, I regret missing bitcoin.
            And Shirly V, I regret not asking her out. lol

• On January 3, 2018 at 4:16 pm,
            Wolfster says:

Believe we all have that regret……the asking out one

• On January 3, 2018 at 1:20 pm,
      Paul L says:

Eventually there will be so many more companies in this area worldwide that there could be a glut of product and price wars with prices crashing like oil.

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:03 am,
        GH says:

Furthermore, DIY is very easy, and free instructional material abundant on the internet.

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:07 am,
          GH says:

In fact, this is the only way it will be affordable medicinally for many.

Rick Simpson’s anti-cancer protocol calls for, I believe, 60 grams of oil in 90 days. That’s a couple thousand $, minimum, which is a cost people can easily avoid by growing a couple of plants at home.

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:10 am,
            GH says:

Juicing is even more costly. The info I have seen on it calls for juicing 50-100 fress leaves per day, or 1/2 oz (~15 g) fresh bud. This from a woman who uses it for MS.

5. On January 3, 2018 at 11:19 am,

Happy ninth birthday Bitcoin. You come a long way, Baby.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:31 am,
      b says:

Seems your favorite people just said cryptos were unholy cfs.
      islam frowns on cypros.

They prefer PMs.

• On January 3, 2018 at 12:02 pm,

Archaic beliefs.

• On January 3, 2018 at 12:19 pm,
          b says:

? really,not all, at least sound money people would agree with islam on using gold and silver.

To be honust I couldnt finish the Koran, no offence to anyone but the genies were kinda the last straw for me.
          To be fair I find some things written in all the abraham religion record books as fantasy.

Probly just me, I dont have the faith required.

6. On January 3, 2018 at 11:26 am,

NY GLOBEX opens and silver gets slammed again.

• On January 4, 2018 at 7:55 am,

You have not read enough article on the silver smashers, to see that silver is the controlled substance the money changers do not want the little people to have……….jmo

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:12 am,
        GH says:

That’s because they know it’s good for killing vampires and werewolves.

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:24 am,

🙂

7. On January 3, 2018 at 11:29 am,
    b says:

Wolf, I dont follow american stocks. Cant even find em with my trading machine.

Only canadian, and cdn potshares have been doing exactly what Ive expected.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:33 am,
      Wolfster says:

It’s a Canadian listed company b. They all trade on the cse……that’s how they get around the tmx rules of American pot investments

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:35 am,
        b says:

I get “invalid symbol” when I look.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:36 am,
          b says:

Whats the name? Maybe I can find it that way.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:37 am,
          Wolfster says:

Type in rockshield capital in search for whatever brokerage you use. Might use a different code for cse stocks.

• On January 3, 2018 at 12:10 pm,
            b says:

Rockshield Capital Corp
            Exchange: TSXV Exchange | Jan 3, 2018, 3:02 PM EST logo
            RKS $ 0.00 real time data No Change Change:
            0.00 (0.00%) Volume:

I use 2 trading info, td and tmx money.

td is not showing me anything, tmx is saying they are investing in seeds.

I gotta say, any grower around now doesnt need seeds.
            td showing nothing doesnt bode well for ease of buying.

There may be more to them than seeds, but im interested in the amount of recreational grown. To heck with medical. lol
            Medical was just so they could be prepared for recreational sales.

At least thats how I see it.

Could very well be more to these guys than I see, I dont know.

• On January 3, 2018 at 4:11 pm,
            Wolfster says:

Strange I bought it through td????……get a quote all the time……..when td is actually working….site has been down a lot especially since last Friday

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:16 am,
            GH says:

b,

I agree, recreational is huge, and likely to be the much larger market.

But medicinal will be huge too. Especially as long people continue on the factory food diet, because it is useful for many of the chronic degenerative lifestyle-caused conditions.

60g in 90 days of Rick Simpson’s oil? That is a massive amount, and every cancer patient is a potential customer.

• On January 4, 2018 at 8:18 am,
            GH says:

Also shown to be useful for arthritis, pain, dementia, epilepsy, head trauma…will have widespread use.

8. On January 3, 2018 at 11:29 am,

I see gold got slammed too by the NY bankers by $8.

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:33 am,
      b says:

Havnt ya heard cfs?
      Manipulation is tin foil hat stuff.

What will happen when they find the city of gold under the Gobi?

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:49 am,

If so, good. They’re keeping the bull healthy by keeping sentiment in check.

9. On January 3, 2018 at 11:47 am,

The TSX-V has very bullishly broken out to a new 39 month high:

• On January 3, 2018 at 11:50 am,
      Wolfster says:

Good. Ive got my fair share of them.A lot of good small caps trade there.

10. On January 3, 2018 at 1:40 pm,
    cmc says:

VXX hit Mr. Rick’s pivot point. Where to now???

11. On January 3, 2018 at 6:01 pm,
    Dick Tracy says:

The US economy is coming back, China won’t be the premier developer of electric cars. The destiny of US manufacturing prowess is now again on the honor role, destiny will strike again for America. The electric automobile will come before the cell phone, and the face of America will once again be defined by manufacturing quality goods that the world wants to buy. DT

• On January 3, 2018 at 6:13 pm,
      Dick Tracy says:

China has produced an industrial base that mirrors Japan, copy but don’t produce originality. America was the first society where you can mortgage the future but keep the factories roaring, if you’ve done it once you will do it again. I believe! DT

12. On January 3, 2018 at 7:37 pm,
    Markedtofuture says:

Latest Alta Reports, Web Bot Forecasts 2018, Major Changes Ahead, Bitcoin Bonanza, Clif High

13. On January 3, 2018 at 8:42 pm,
    johnnygeneric says:

We are in the throes of a historical commodity inflation. This is only the beginning.

14. On January 3, 2018 at 9:00 pm,
    Excelsior says:

Gold Mining Investors On The Brink Of Nirvana

by @Goldfinger on January 3, 2018

Gold entered a bear market after reaching an all-time high at $1923.70 on September 6th, 2011.
    The bear market ended on December 3rd, 2015 with gold bottoming at $1045.40.
    The gold crash on April 15th, 2013 left an open gap up at $1560.50. Since that crash day which saw gold fall more than $200/ounce the yellow metal has been hammering out a broad based bottom with price largely contained within a range between $1150 on the downside and $1350 on the upside.
    The rally from the mid-December low at $1238.50 has seen gold rally nearly 7% and string together one of its longest winning streaks in history (9 straight up days, and up 13 of the last 14 trading sessions)”

“Support at $1300 is now critical, with an even more robust layer of support down near $1280. Resistance near $1350 should prove formidable before a breakout above $1377.50 eventually leads to a sharp rally up to the $1425-$1450 area as gold trends higher on its way to filling the open gap from April 2013 at $1560.50 (red circle on left side of chart).”

• On January 5, 2018 at 3:29 am,
      Ozibatla says:

Good analysis Excelsior. Plenty of work for gold to do in the mean time but whilst things havnt gotten a whole lot better they havnt got worse either… At this stage at least.
      Over the festive season Ive purposely stopped looking at the various markets. It will be interesting to see what 2018 bas in store for us.

15. On January 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm,

Looking at the daily chart indicators, gold might not need much of a break just yet.
    Btw, 1309+/- represents fork support on the following chart…