Weekend Show – Central Banks Start Intervening This Week, Have We Reached Peak Hawkishness and Investing In Gold vs Gold Stocks
Welcome to another KER Weekend Show. We now have Q3 behind us and it was not pretty. There was some light at the end of the week for PM stock investors however overall sentiment remains depressed. The Bank of England intervening in its bond market this week was big news and caused some wild swings. This brings up a major topic that we cover early on on this Weekend’s Show.
Let’s all hope Q4 is better for investors and the economy, but from what we’re hearing that might be a pipe dream.
Please keep in touch with Shad and I through email. We love hearing what you all think of the markets and companies that have your attention. Our email addresses are Fleck@kereport.com and Shad@kereport.com.
Shad and I are attending the upcoming New Orleans Investment Conference on October 12-15. We love to see you there! It’s a great way to meet company management and spend some time in New Orleans. Click the link below to register and please let us know if you will be there so we can meet up.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx and Editor of the Marc to Market website kicks off the show by recapping the Bank of England’s move to intervene in its bond market to control spiking yields. This ties into a bigger conversation on central hawkishness and how different types of QE impact markets and economic data. Click here to visit the Marc to Market website.
- Segment 3 – Jayant Bhandari, Private Investor and Consultant joins us to differentiate between investing in gold vs gold stocks. The comment that gold has held up relatively well during this entire decline brought us to this conversation as gold stocks have crashed along with everything else. Jayant shares some straight forward metrics on what he is looking for in his resource stock investments.
- Segment 4 – We are replaying an interview with Brent Cook, posted on Tuesday. We focus on the overall health of the resource space. This includes a historical reference for the current market environment, key fundamentals he is looking for in stocks, jurisdictional breakdowns, metals he is more optimistic on and a few more topics! Click here to visit the Exploration Insights website to follow along with Brent and Joe.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Gold Bull Resources – Scoping Study At The Sandman Project Shows Near Term Small Scale Production Potential
- Signature Resources – Exploration Update With An Initial Resource On Tap
- Dolly Varden – High-Grade Silver Drill Intercepts From Stepping Out From The Wolf Deposit
- FPX Nickel – Scoping Study For EV Battery Supply Chain, Updated Resource Coming For Baptist and Drilling Concluded At The Van Target
- Golden Shield Resources – Drill Results From The Phase 2 Program, Including High-Grade At Depth, The Start of Phase 3 Program
- Exploits Discovery Corp – An Important Land Acquisition Between Newfound Gold and Labrador Gold, Drilling On Going At Titan Gold Target
- Petrus Resource – Update On Growth Strategy With New Debt Facility And New Wells Coming Online